Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Green Card Appointment Interview Questions

Green Card Appointment Interview Questions

Old May 27th 2009, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

BigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really nice
Default Re: Green Card Appointment Interview Questions

Originally Posted by johntysoe
Thankyou so much for your advice. I apologize if a previous response I made was uncalled for or inappropriate in anyway. I genuinely appreciate anyone who can help and every response is invaluable!
After my experience (the 10 min one), I would say that if you are genuine, you have nothing to worry about
Old May 27th 2009, 1:37 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Card Appointment Interview Questions

It should be noted by all that KENTUCKY only does STOKES interviews which was evident from first two cases of AOS on this forum back in 1997 and 1998/99 with Alvena and Ian.

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I have personally gone through a Stokes interview. In my local district office, it is standard to treat all applicants in this manner (as I found out after ours). They asked none of the extremely personal questions that were found on the list that Arpita provided.

Here is my write-up on my AOS experience.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...w+sunflwrgrl13

I would say, yes, a Stokes interview is always possible, but they must have some strong suspicion beforehand, and you'd probably be aware of it (if your relationship isn't real). And I will say that even if you have a Stokes interview, it may not be that difficult. If you're relationship is true, you have no reason to worry, and you won't be asked those intensely personal questions. (I probably wouldn't have been able to tell an interview when my last period was and I wouldn't have even answered that question if it was posed to me).

Some folks do like to give the worst case scenario of what you could be asked, but count on it being much more benign.