Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Green Card Appointment Interview Questions

Green Card Appointment Interview Questions

Old May 26th 2009, 1:29 am
Just Joined

johntysoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green Card Appointment Interview Questions

Can anyone suggest some resources where I can find out some potential interview questions for the green card interview (first adjustment of status) which myself and my wife are attending next month?

I am from England and my wife is American.

Thanks!

John
Old May 26th 2009, 1:50 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Card Appointment Interview Questions

Originally Posted by johntysoe
Can anyone suggest some resources where I can find out some potential interview questions for the green card interview (first adjustment of status) which myself and my wife are attending next month?

Thanks!

John
Do you intend to overthrow the US governent

Are you now ar have you been a member of the communist party

During the years 1939 to 1945 were you an officer in the german SS

etc ..
Old May 26th 2009, 1:53 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

John
search terms: AOS interview experience

Scroll through a couple/few pages of the forum and the headlines will pop out to you. People are good about posting their story.

Normal questions, related to *your* application & evidence submitted. Generally no trick questions. I think the one I read here today was a 10 minute interview & someone else one-upped that with a 5 minute one.
The interviewer mostly needs to lay eyes on you. Your paperwork should tell the story already.

Oh wait, take it back. You're the one who didn't like my answer last time.
(you'll likely be fine)
Old May 26th 2009, 1:56 am
Just Joined

Thankyou so much for your advice. I apologize if a previous response I made was uncalled for or inappropriate in anyway. I genuinely appreciate anyone who can help and every response is invaluable!
Old May 26th 2009, 7:42 am
Banned

Arpita is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!

John
Aside from what you been told, you will be asked to ask those information again which are provided on I-485 just to re-confirm it like applicant's full name, address, date of birth, parents' name, phone number, email address, when applicant entered last time into the US, and all the yes and no questions on form I-485. Officer might also take the fingerprint of applicant's index finger. Will ask to provide some kind of ID first like DL or passport. Since it's a marriage case the officer must be asking how, when and where did you meet with your American-spouse. You guys must need to take documentary evidences along with you to prove the bonafide/legitimacy of your marriage like pics of wedding and during the marital relationship, joint bills, joints co-mingling of life on every aspect like social, financial and other stuffs.

You may also choose to prepare yourself (along with your American-spouse) for the following questions in case your case were to be chosen for stroke interview. Those chances of ending with stroke interview is very rare but one can never rule that out because people had and do end up having subject to stroke interview despite of their marriage seems normal especially a case which has been reported just 3 days ago on another site even though it was the first interview for the parties. So, never say that this can never happen. If I were you, I would rather go to the interview fully prepared than risking my case for delay, denial or spending thousands of $$ on immigration attorneys later on if something goes wrong. This list of questions is carefully prepared after reading and reviewing at least 20,000 marriage-based AOS interview experiences on various immigration sites and it's a comprehensive list.

The list of questions can be found here: http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/fa...interview.html
Fraud interviews are called "Stokes" interviews.
meauxna

Last edited by meauxna; May 26th 2009 at 7:02 pm. Reason: please cite your source and don't repost material from other sites
Old May 26th 2009, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore the long list posted above me.

I would bet my life that Ray above is correct. We got a few others - have you ever racially abused anyone, have you ever helped anyone migrate to the USA illegally, have you ever sold drugs...

Our interview was last week (I'm yet to type up our experience) - I was asked one question about our relationship: "when did you first meet?"

We were "interviewed" together.

Good luck!!
Old May 26th 2009, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arpita
... in case your case were to be chosen for stroke interview.
That would be "Stokes" interview.

Those chances of ending with stroke interview is very rare...
No... it isn't. It's SOP at a number of DOs.

Ian
Old May 26th 2009, 12:13 pm
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, IGNORE THE LIST BY ARPITA.

I scanned through it to see the questions she listed and immigration do not ask questions related to your or your wifes last menstral period [I have been with my wife for 7 years and married for 4 and I have no clue when it hers is until we're mid cycle]. The same with sexual positions. These are personal questions that it is not possible for immigration to prove true or false.
Old May 26th 2009, 12:43 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelmas
I agree, IGNORE THE LIST BY ARPITA.

I scanned through it to see the questions she listed and immigration do not ask questions related to your or your wifes last menstral period [I have been with my wife for 7 years and married for 4 and I have no clue when it hers is until we're mid cycle]. The same with sexual positions. These are personal questions that it is not possible for immigration to prove true or false.

Yes, please ignore the majority of Arpita's post -- starting with the development of the relationship through ktichen. Those questions are asked during a Stokes interview when the spouses are separated and interrogated and the answers checked against each other's response. They are not asked in a normal AOS interview.

You are going for a normal interview at this point in time and unless there is something to warrant misgivings on the part of the IO, then your interview will most likely be short and sweet. We were asked for each other's birth date but never the names of the other's parents or siblings.

You DO NOT need sworn affidavits.

Last edited by Rete; May 26th 2009 at 12:45 pm.
Old May 26th 2009, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou all for your responses to my post and to anyone who further responds. It's great to have this information before hand and has made me a lot less nervous for the interview!
Old May 26th 2009, 5:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

M,

When such personal questions are asked it's not 'true' or 'false' that they're looking for - they're looking for consistency in the answers given by the two people.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Michelmas
... These are personal questions that it is not possible for immigration to prove true or false.
Old May 26th 2009, 6:17 pm
Banned

Arpita is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou all for your responses to my post and to anyone who further responds. It's great to have this information before hand and has made me a lot less nervous for the interview!
You have to do and follow what you like, but don't listen to everything of some people over here who claim to be BIG SHOT but actually they cannot even comprehend simple English; otherwise before telling you about ignoring my list or some of the questions from my list they would have paid attention to what I said in my posting that- (1) the questions in my list are asked only at stroke interivew; (2) stroke interview is very rare; (3) but one cannot rule out the possiblity of having stroke interview at their first interview regarfless of how "normal" a case is especially when there is a case recently reported on another immigration site about this happening when parties went there for a "normal" interview and there was nothing abnormal about their case; (4) I said about me being proactive and fully prepared if I were you (not being others on here; rather me). I also said that you MAY choose to prepare yourself for the questions in the list, which means it's optional. So, for others not to be able to read what I said clearly about MAY, tells how good they are in reading.

Keep it mind, I didn't make these questions by myself with my imagination nor I want you (or anyone else) to scare or overburden with these questions; instead I complied these questions from all kind of immigration sites over the years to consolidate in one place so that people could know what could be asked. I'm not here for fun or to scare and offend you (and anyone else) unlike some of people here; instead I'm here to help and be helped as much as possible. My purpose of posting this list is just you to know what COULD be asked as noone can say for sure that these questions cannot be asked.

I'm sure some people will tell you to ignore my list and will also tell you that you will be asked only this and that questions but can they guarantee you that you will not be asked those questions at any cost? Or you will be asked only those questions which were asked from them by their immigration officers? Keep in mind that the officer who interviewed you will not be the same officer who will interview you. Each interview officer is different, so does their modus operandi being an individual. What one officers asks, doesn't mean other officers will ask the same. That being said, don't you want to cover up all your bases not knowing what officer might ask you? Is it too hard to prepare yourself for those questions when it comes to your immigration life in this country so to not bothering with these questions in thinking you will not be asked those questions?

Again, those questions in the list are reported by those who went to interview than I made those up by myself. Also, I didn't mean to scare you with those questions; rather was trying to help you.

Best of luck...
Old May 26th 2009, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I have personally gone through a Stokes interview. In my local district office, it is standard to treat all applicants in this manner (as I found out after ours). They asked none of the extremely personal questions that were found on the list that Arpita provided.

Here is my write-up on my AOS experience.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...w+sunflwrgrl13

I would say, yes, a Stokes interview is always possible, but they must have some strong suspicion beforehand, and you'd probably be aware of it (if your relationship isn't real). And I will say that even if you have a Stokes interview, it may not be that difficult. If you're relationship is true, you have no reason to worry, and you won't be asked those intensely personal questions. (I probably wouldn't have been able to tell an interview when my last period was and I wouldn't have even answered that question if it was posed to me).

Some folks do like to give the worst case scenario of what you could be asked, but count on it being much more benign.
Old May 26th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I'd seen some of these posts before the deletions / edits, looks like a firey little thread! Congratulations on being the unwitting instigator of such a maelstrom!

My own experience was very straightforward - three questions, all about our wedding and who attended it. He went through some of the paperwork that we'd submitted, and that was it.

Good luck. And please come back and post your experience - current you would thank future you for doing so.
Old May 26th 2009, 7:41 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

About the deletes, I've just removed the off topic conversation. Nothing to look at here, move along, move along.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.