EB5 - Jay Peak

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB5 - Jay Peak

Originally Posted by meauxna
Here you go: Immigrant Visa Arrival
The answer depends a bit on the airport, timing, other flights arriving etc. The actual entry event only takes about 15 minutes, it's just knowing how long it takes to get to your 15 minutes.

The info in that link doesn't have the right removal of conditions link for you, but you'll know where to find it when the time comes.
Some info on our immigration this month based on EB-5:

-we arrived at POI and showed brown envelopes
-we were then taken to immigration office were about 10 people were already present
-after a wait of two hours we received our I 551 stamps in passport with validity of two years and were fingerprinted with ink
-after 10 days we received the social security cards in the mail
-after 14 days we received the conditional green cards in the mail
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John K.

-we were then taken to immigration office were about 10 people were already present
-after a wait of two hours we received our I 551 stamps in passport with validity of two years and were fingerprinted with ink
Welcome to America!

Thanks for the update.. curious about one thing, since I've never seen an EB-5's visa... the stamp you got on your visa at arrival, it says it serves as an I-551 for one year or two? Usually the stamping part is valid for just one year, but your green card should be valid for two.

Speedy turnaround on the SSN cards and green cards!
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Welcome to America!

Thanks for the update.. curious about one thing, since I've never seen an EB-5's visa... the stamp you got on your visa at arrival, it says it serves as an I-551 for one year or two? Usually the stamping part is valid for just one year, but your green card should be valid for two.

Speedy turnaround on the SSN cards and green cards!
The stamp in the passport which we received at POI is valid two years from entry and the green card indicates the same two years validity.

We were surprised as well about the speedy turn around of in particular the green cards!
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 8:09 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The stamp in the passport which we received at POI is valid two years from entry and the green card indicates the same two years validity.

We were surprised as well about the speedy turn around of in particular the green cards!
Thanks, it's good to know about that difference from the family based ones I've seen.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Michkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really nice

Thanks for the info John! Where did you fly in to?

Our "pack" is currently with NVC...."patiently" awaiting word from London regarding our interview. 6-8 weeks seems an awfully long time to be patient though!
Old Mar 24th 2011, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

welcome and good luck to you...
Old Mar 24th 2011, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cranston
welcome and good luck to you...
Thank you. And for the previous poster. We flew into Miami.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:48 am
hhm
Just Joined

hhm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi John,
how long the consulate interview takes?normally what are their question about?do we have to take any documents for my source of funds?my lawyer says we should take all the documents we have!
Old Mar 25th 2011, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Dear hhm,

I do not know what is usual but in our case it was 5 minutes consisting of exchanging some pleasantries, finger printing and exchanging some documents. No difficult questions.

We received a letter from NVC before the interview which specified what we needed to bring with us to the interview and it was basically info that was still missing.

You should take the advice from your lawyer as officers and cases can be different. This was just our experience.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

OberonK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I know this is a fairly old thread, but I'm wondering a few things about the EB5 through Jay Peak:

1) Do their $50k fee include the immigration attorney's help, or do you need to factor that in separately?

2) If separate attorney, who did successful applicants use and how much did it set them back? And were there additional costs for the removal of conditions?

3) Did Jay Peak provide all the relevant documentation as to viability, job creation etc, and did they also provide the relevant info when applying for removal of conditions?

Thanks for any help in advance!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

Originally Posted by OberonK
Hi Guys,

I know this is a fairly old thread, but I'm wondering a few things about the EB5 through Jay Peak:

1) Do their $50k fee include the immigration attorney's help, or do you need to factor that in separately?

2) If separate attorney, who did successful applicants use and how much did it set them back? And were there additional costs for the removal of conditions?

3) Did Jay Peak provide all the relevant documentation as to viability, job creation etc, and did they also provide the relevant info when applying for removal of conditions?

Thanks for any help in advance!

In answer to the above:

We used the attorneys that were recommended by Jay Peak. This made sense as they have all the documentation to hand. Legal fees were in addition to the "fee" and a couple of thousand for the removal of conditions.

Jay Peak provide all documentation that is required from the start to the end. A full service really.

Porvera
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:50 am
Just Joined

OberonK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Porvera x