Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

I need help pls.. IR-5 (Parent of US citizen)

I need help pls.. IR-5 (Parent of US citizen)

Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

kaye0428 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need help pls.. IR-5 (Parent of US citizen)

Hello!

Anyone knows on the documents to be submitted during the interview of my mom dis coming sept 15, IR-5 (immigrant visa, parent of a US citizen). She was petitioned by my sister in the US. ALL i know, she needs to bring the I-864 or affidavit of support, tax return..passport, medical, police clearance, birth cert, pics. How about the online Immigrant visa Application DS-260? Does she needs to submit online? Her petition was approved in the US and processed at NVC. Please help me. Thank u in advance.

PS: Can i accompany my mom inside the US embassy on her date of interview? coz my mom is a bit old (74) just to guide her what window she will go or what will be the next step?

kaye
Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:58 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need help pls.. IR-5 (Parent of US citizen)

Originally Posted by kaye0428
Hello!

Anyone knows on the documents to be submitted during the interview of my mom dis coming sept 15, IR-5 (immigrant visa, parent of a US citizen). She was petitioned by my sister in the US. ALL i know, she needs to bring the I-864 or affidavit of support, tax return..passport, medical, police clearance, birth cert, pics. How about the online Immigrant visa Application DS-260? Does she needs to submit online? Her petition was approved in the US and processed at NVC. Please help me. Thank u in advance.

PS: Can i accompany my mom inside the US embassy on her date of interview? coz my mom is a bit old (74) just to guide her what window she will go or what will be the next step?

kaye
On documentation, the wiki should help. BTW, you don't state which Embassy/Consulate you are dealing with. That would help people answer the questions you ask. BTW, hasn't the I-864 already been cleared by NVC?
Old Aug 17th 2011, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Hello! yes i forgot my mom will be interviewed at the US Consulate in Manila, philippines.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaye0428
Hello! yes i forgot my mom will be interviewed at the US Consulate in Manila, philippines.
You have now answered the question about the DS-260. BTW, most participants in BE will have no experience with the DS-260. In my volunteer work, I have seen the process once.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

hello sir.. thanks for your reply. I was just confused about the DS-260.