British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   EB5 - Jay Peak (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/eb5-jay-peak-695286/)

Michkin Nov 30th 2010 8:07 am

EB5 - Jay Peak

Hi there,

I hope this is the right forum to post my question.

Our EB5 application was filed on 24 June - receipt was received from USCIS - we were told that the wait for approval was 5 months......we are now 5 months and 6 days. The website is still saying 'Initial Review'

Our solicitor has said that things appear to have slowed down at USCIS.

Just feeling quite impatient at the moment, my sister-in-law and family have also gone the EB5 route and are lucky enough to have had their's approved. They have been in beautiful NC for 2 months now!

Anyway just wondered if there were any others out there who are awaiting approval, been approved and what their processing times have been.

Thanks,
Michelle

ian-mstm Nov 30th 2010 12:11 pm

Re: EB5 - Jay Peak

Originally Posted by Michkin (Post 9012145)
Anyway just wondered if there were any others out there who are awaiting approval, been approved and what their processing times have been.

This is the great danger - actually believing that timelines are universal or, indeed, bear any semblance to reality. It'll be processed when it gets processed.

Ian

Michkin Nov 30th 2010 7:35 pm

[QUOTE= It'll be processed when it gets processed.
[/QUOTE]

Not sure that that was too helpful - but "thanks"

ian-mstm Nov 30th 2010 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Michkin (Post 9013274)
Not sure that that was too helpful - but "thanks"

Ok then, here's a more helpful answer:

Our solicitor has said that things appear to have slowed down at USCIS.
Your attorney is possibly correct. Still, there's nothing you can do to speed things up!

... my sister-in-law and family have also gone the EB5 route and are lucky enough to have had their's approved.
That's great! I'm willing to bet that your SIL's circumstances are not exactly the same as yours! You might well be after the same visa, but that's likely where the similarity ends.

Here's more "not sure that that was too helpful " tidbits... timelines aren't written in stone; you can't compare yours to someone else's. Following timelines is the first step on the road to madness. Believing timelines bear any resemblance to reality is the second step. I won't mention the third step... suffice to say that strong men have been reduced to quivvering masses of jelly! :)

You're dealing with US immigration... nothing happens quickly, and things get done in their own sweet time. The wheels of immigration move slowly, but they do move.

Ian

Michkin Dec 2nd 2010 8:55 am

Thanks Ian.

Immigration is not for the faint hearted or the impatient....both of which I am! :)

John_K. Dec 15th 2010 8:41 am

My application related to Jay Peak was filed end February and approved end June this year. So 4 months but my lawyer had said upfront that it would be about 5-6 months.

Michkin Dec 19th 2010 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by John K. (Post 9041407)
My application related to Jay Peak was filed end February and approved end June this year. So 4 months but my lawyer had said upfront that it would be about 5-6 months.

Thanks John K, good to hear that some are being approved in the stated time frame!

hhm Feb 25th 2011 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Michkin (Post 9049735)
Thanks John K, good to hear that some are being approved in the stated time frame!

What did happen with your application michelle?did you get the approval?
I have the same problem,it's been six months that I haven't received any response.

ms207 Mar 3rd 2011 3:22 pm

We are in a similar situation.
I applied for I-526 in mid Aug. We have not heard anything so far apart from the initial receipt. The USCIS website says that the avg processing time is about 5 months but recently, uscis "processing times" on the website shows processing timeframe "July 13th 2010"

hhm Mar 3rd 2011 5:53 pm

Hi MS207,
we finally received our embassy appointment yesterday,it took quite a while to get a response.
in which phase have you invested?we are in phase 2.

ms207 Mar 3rd 2011 6:24 pm

We are invested in the Sony Project fom CanAm.
Could you please share around what date you applied for I-526 and how long it took to get approved?
Thanks!

hhm Mar 4th 2011 5:45 am

our I526 took longer than we expected,it took about 8months,they requested for some other documents.
when I filed for the embassy it took about one months,our lawyer told us it would take 3 to 5 months for consulate.
how is your project?have you received any profit yet?
I'm more worried about my investment than my visa.

Michkin Mar 4th 2011 8:36 am

Originally Posted by hhm (Post 9202264)
What did happen with your application michelle?did you get the approval?
I have the same problem,it's been six months that I haven't received any response.

Hi hhm,

We eventually received our approval notice on 18 January. We have submitted the DS-230, along with police clearance certificates and are now waiting for our pack to arrive at the embassy in London.

How long did it take for you to get your interview at the embassy from them receiving your pack?

Michkin Mar 4th 2011 8:42 am

Originally Posted by ms207 (Post 9215967)
We are invested in the Sony Project fom CanAm.
Could you please share around what date you applied for I-526 and how long it took to get approved?
Thanks!

Hi ms207,

Our I-526 approval took 7 months.
Submitted on 24 June 2010
Approval notice received on 18 January 2011.

Ours took a bit longer than we had hoped as there was a RFE, which turned out to be just a stuff up on the officer in charge of our case's part. They had "misplaced" our file and had no supporting documents! All documents were eventually found.

Luckily it was all resolved pretty quickly and they "rushed" through our application. Just waiting for interview date now.

We invested in Phase2 of Jay Peak.

hhm Mar 4th 2011 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Michkin (Post 9217267)
Hi hhm,

We eventually received our approval notice on 18 January. We have submitted the DS-230, along with police clearance certificates and are now waiting for our pack to arrive at the embassy in London.

How long did it take for you to get your interview at the embassy from them receiving your pack?

Hi Michkin,

about 5 weeks after sending our DS-230 forms ,we received a response from NVC,our embassy's appointment is in April,it was faster than I expected,now we have to go after our medical exams.
I'm a little worried about the project ,it seems that they have some delays.
do you know if Phase 1 was profitable or not?