Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Feb 27th 2015, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by Sevusal
Is Mexico City safe with family? Any advise is appreciated.
Mexico City is huge... and there are 8.8 million people living there. I'm sure many of those are young couples with small children. As with any large city, there are areas that are good and safe... and areas that are bad and dangerous.

Ian
Old Feb 27th 2015, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Sevusal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Mexico City is huge... and there are 8.8 million people living there. I'm sure many of those are young couples with small children. As with any large city, there are areas that are good and safe... and areas that are bad and dangerous.

Ian
Thansk Ian.

can anyone recommend a hotel and an area?
Old Feb 27th 2015, 5:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

can anyone recommend a hotel and an area?
Wouldn't it simply be easier to get the address of the US Consulate, and then search in that area... since that's, ultimately, where you're going to need to be.

Ian
Old Feb 27th 2015, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Wouldn't it simply be easier to get the address of the US Consulate, and then search in that area... since that's, ultimately, where you're going to need to be.

Ian
one would think so. I have been to Tijuana before and trust me the area arond US consulate there is not so "safe". but will keep looking. Thanks!

Last edited by Sevusal; Feb 27th 2015 at 5:05 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

melbboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, Anything else I should bring with me.. ?
Old Feb 28th 2015, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by melbboy
Also ds160 number and us consulate appointment info , x1 2x2 passport picture.
Specifically a printout of the DS160 confirmation page (but NOT the DS160 document itself).

The photo isn't necessary as long as you've uploaded one and as long as what you've uploaded meets their requirements. I've seen many people waiting in line in front of me be sent off to get a new photo taken as the one they uploaded wasn't good enough, but as long as you've followed their guidelines you shouldn't need a physical photo.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

i am trying to book an NEW E3 appointment but currently there is only Ottawa which has the availability. I am trying to see if I can go to mexico. now i read somewhere that Mexico US consualte only allows E3R but NOT NEW E3 application. is this true?
Old Mar 1st 2015, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kriggles33
Lastly , I obtained my new E-3 visa in Mexico City last Dec 8th 2014 (changed employers), I was able to
request priority /expedited processing (as always as I changed employers before
and applied through Tijuana US consulate twice) and was able to pick up my passport/visa
the day after my interview. They also treat you like royalty there- accommodating
and apologetic - which I didnt experience in Australia/Canada.
I am in process of changing my employer. I looked up mexico city us consulate website, but they states that only renew visa applicant can aoply at this consulate: Who Can Apply | United States Diplomatic Mission To Mexico City, Mexico

Last edited by Sevusal; Mar 1st 2015 at 11:34 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

close to 3 months. this was back in Oct'14 when i got my approval. my advise, don't do this. you will be better off going to Canada or Mexico and get visa faster.

I-129 renewal method is very very safe (as no administrative processing chance) because if in Canada or Mexico one gets Administrative Processing then he cannot re-enter into US.Lot of people had to go back to Australia or India.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by economy_1
I-129 renewal method is very very safe (as no administrative processing chance) because if in Canada or Mexico one gets Administrative Processing then he cannot re-enter into US.Lot of people had to go back to Australia or India.
I-129 may be safe, but it's slow, with no option for priority processing.

It also means that you end up without a visa, which means that if you ever need to leave the country you can't re-enter without going through the visa application process at that time. For anyone that travels much at all that's a non-starter. Even if you don't plan to travel, an emergency trip out of the US could easily turn into a multi-week delay while you try and obtain a new visa to re-enter.

Personally I don't recall hearing of a single person that was refused a renewal or change of employer, let alone "Lot of people had to go back to Australia or India" (And why India? You can not legally be an Indian Citizen and apply for an E3, so that makes no sense at all)
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by docnetau
I-129 may be safe, but it's slow, with no option for priority processing.

It also means that you end up without a visa, which means that if you ever need to leave the country you can't re-enter without going through the visa application process at that time. For anyone that travels much at all that's a non-starter. Even if you don't plan to travel, an emergency trip out of the US could easily turn into a multi-week delay while you try and obtain a new visa to re-enter.

Personally I don't recall hearing of a single person that was refused a renewal or change of employer, let alone "Lot of people had to go back to Australia or India" (And why India? You can not legally be an Indian Citizen and apply for an E3, so that makes no sense at all)
i agree. I-129 may be safe option but its painfully long. also, your new employer may not want to wait for 3-4 months for you to join. I have the same situation right now. I am in middle of a new job and my employer wants me to start ASAP. I dont have any other option but to go to Canada and get new E3.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

I am in process of changing my employer. I looked up mexico city us consulate website, but they states that only renew visa applicant can aoply at this consulate: Who Can Apply | United States Diplomatic Mission To Mexico City, Mexico
so I sent an email to Mexico City embassy to confirm if they will process NEW E3 visa and this is what they reply,
"
Please be informed that E3 visa holders can apply for a visa renewal only at the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City as long as they are renewing under the same visa class, applicants must bring all required documentation.

The visa renewal process can last approximately from 4 to 10 business days so your client should plan accordingly. As well please ensure that he schedules an appointment at the ASC for biometrics and the U.S. Embassy for a consular interview.

"

the email says that we can apply for renewal but they didn't confirm if they will process NEW E3 visa!

any comments/help!
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

on a separate note, how is people experience with getting passport in Ottawa? means, if I have an appointment on Tue, what is an average time people are getting their passport by, Thu, Fri?
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

the email says that we can apply for renewal but they didn't confirm if they will process NEW E3 visa!
They didn't have to. They specifically wrote, " ... apply for a visa renewal only..." That seems pretty clear to me!

Ian
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

"We apologize for the confusion. Yes, you can still renewal yur E3 visa here in Mexico City no matter if you are under different employer."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.