Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Feb 4th 2015, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by rouge_homme
I was wondering if my wife and I are able to attend the same consulate appointment...
I believe you can both attend the same appointment.

Also, will her current EAD become immediately invalid once the new visas have been issued?
No. Her EAD should still be valid, so long as she continues to have E-3D status. AFAIK, the EAD is linked to her status, not to her visa.

Ian
Old Feb 4th 2015, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

TopGun80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has done E-3 extension of status I-129 via USCIS in the last few months and what was the processing time? was it approved in 2-3 months or more?

Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2015, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

rouge_homme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I believe you can both attend the same appointment.

No. Her EAD should still be valid, so long as she continues to have E-3D status. AFAIK, the EAD is linked to her status, not to her visa.

Ian
Thanks Ian, that's good to hear.

You wouldn't happen to know at which point during the application process we can specify that we will be attending the same consulate appointment?
Old Feb 4th 2015, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Dpaks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
A quick update, I just got my passport back with the H1b visa stamped !! I went for my interview on Monday and got the passport back Thursday AM via toll priority. Yes, you can get the toll priority tracking # from the ustraveldocs website ... There is a feedback section that let's you ask for the tracking information.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

It's been a while since length of entry has been discussed (the good old "2 years" v's "visa expiry" v's etc), so...

Entered the US via Chicago a few days ago. My current E3R was issued in November 2014, and this was my 4th time entering the US using it.

After going through most of the formalities, the lady processing me walked out of her box and went over and talked to a colleague. When she came back, she started flicking through and looking at some of my previous visas and the relevant entry stamps.

I asked if there was a problem, and she said no, but that she was trying to work out the entry period. She said she thought it was supposed to be 2 years from the first entry under the visa, and her colleague had agreed. However the stamps for my current visa were :
Initial entry in November - 2 years from the day of entry.
Entry in December - No date! (although from the online I94 I know it was 2 years from entry)
Entry in January - Visa expiry date.

We discussed it for a few minutes and she said she was sure that it was supposed to be 2 years from initial entry, or possibly 2 years from initial entry plus 10 days (as far as I'm aware neither is right!), and I pointed out that I'd seen nearly every possibly variation over my 7 years and she agreed. I pointed out that I didn't really care what she gave me as I would be leaving the US again within the next month or two, and that I wouldn't outstay my LCA anyway regardless of the visa.

In the end, I think she basically just gave up, and gave me 2 years from that day (4 Feb 2017), although the I94 website shows one day less (2017 February 03).

Got to love the consistency...
Old Feb 9th 2015, 12:49 am
Just Joined

DCAussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, have been following this thread for around a year while trying to find work in the US to join my Australian partner (who is on an E3). Really great insights.

I have been offered two jobs: one which offered me the job at Christmas and has done the LCA which has been approved, and another which offered me the job a week ago but hasn't lodged the LCA yet. I want the second job (there is a big pay difference) but because of a previous experience with a potential employer not lodging an LCA after freaking out about the visa process, I don't want to formally decline the first job offer until the second employer has lodged the LCA.

So, after all that, I have two questions after just getting back to Melbourne:

If I book an interview with the US consulate using the LCA number for the first job, can I change that LCA number before the interview? And if I needed to push the date of that interview back, could I do so without having to pay another fee?

I have looked online and haven't seen an answer to these.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, you can chance the LCA number. This is a common trick used to book an appointment before the LCA has been approved.

I'm not sure about the current state of changing appointments. You used to be able to do it 3 times without paying - I'm not sure if that's still the case or not.

Is there a reason you didn't just go the E3D route, at least to start with? Surely that would have made finding a job a lot easier...
Old Feb 9th 2015, 1:52 am
Just Joined

DCAussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by docnetau
Is there a reason you didn't just go the E3D route, at least to start with? Surely that would have made finding a job a lot easier...
We don't want to get married. We would have as a last resort, but wanted to do this right without doing something we don't believe in and tying my visa to our relationship.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by melbboy
Thanks a lot. In my situation I still have the E3 visa with the current employee until 2016 august. Recently I got an offer from another employer and they want me to go to canada and stamp the visa. My immigration lawyer told me not to inform the current employer Until they stamp the new visa under new employer. We warned me if something goes wrong I should have the legal right to come back to this country. When they stamp the new visa. do they revoke the existing visa ?
I am also wondering about this. I have the offer of a new job and the new employer wants me to do the visa trip before I finish my existing contract. I am expecting the current visa will be cancelled at the interview.

Anyone have any experience of this?
Old Feb 12th 2015, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

maulajatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it okay to go for Contract Jobs on E3? The opportunity is very good but its a 1 year contract job initially. Will it be good enough to get E3 or one has to be on a Full time job?
Old Feb 13th 2015, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docnetau
It's been a while since length of entry has been discussed (the good old "2 years" v's "visa expiry" v's etc), so...

Entered the US via Chicago a few days ago. My current E3R was issued in November 2014, and this was my 4th time entering the US using it.

After going through most of the formalities, the lady processing me walked out of her box and went over and talked to a colleague. When she came back, she started flicking through and looking at some of my previous visas and the relevant entry stamps.

I asked if there was a problem, and she said no, but that she was trying to work out the entry period. She said she thought it was supposed to be 2 years from the first entry under the visa, and her colleague had agreed. However the stamps for my current visa were :
Initial entry in November - 2 years from the day of entry.
Entry in December - No date! (although from the online I94 I know it was 2 years from entry)
Entry in January - Visa expiry date.

We discussed it for a few minutes and she said she was sure that it was supposed to be 2 years from initial entry, or possibly 2 years from initial entry plus 10 days (as far as I'm aware neither is right!), and I pointed out that I'd seen nearly every possibly variation over my 7 years and she agreed. I pointed out that I didn't really care what she gave me as I would be leaving the US again within the next month or two, and that I wouldn't outstay my LCA anyway regardless of the visa.

In the end, I think she basically just gave up, and gave me 2 years from that day (4 Feb 2017), although the I94 website shows one day less (2017 February 03).

Got to love the consistency...
Some of my experience

1. Wife travelled out of the US alone in 2011 April (first E3D issued May 2010 & LCA valid until 2012 May). Entered back in 3 weeks and got 2 years fresh I 94 (i.e. May 2013)

2. We both travelled out of the US in 2015 Jan (second E3R and E3D issued May 2014 May & LCA valid until 2016 May). Entered back 2 days ago - go 2 years fresh I94 i.e. good until Feb 2017

So both of the times the I94 was issued passed the LCA date.

Of course I understand if I chose to travel overseas past the LCA date, I need to head to the Consulate (?)

Last edited by E3only; Feb 13th 2015 at 10:52 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manish1980
I am Australian citizen as of Aug 2014. Migrated to Australia from India in 2010 as PR. My LCA from a reputed consulting company was approved in Dec 2014. During interview the visa officer asked me to submit updated employment letter carrying details of client name and client location (under 221(g)). He did not went into details about my education as well my australian ties (as E3 is non-immigrant visa). I have sent updated employment letter along with details of client name and client name few days ago and today recieved a rejection mail saying

"This is to inform you that you have been found ineligible for a nonimmigrant visa under Section 214(b) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act. A denial under Section 214(b) means that you were not able to demonstrate that your intended activities in the United States would be consistent with the classification of the nonimmigrant visa for which you applied.

While nonimmigrant visa classifications each have their own unique requirements, one requirement shared by many of the nonimmigrant visa categories is for the applicant to demonstrate that he/she has a residence in a foreign country which he/she has no intention of abandoning. Applicants usually meet this requirement by demonstrating that they have strong ties overseas that indicate that they will return to a foreign country after a temporary visit to the United States. Such ties include professional, work, school, family, or social links to a foreign country. You have not demonstrated that you have the ties that will compel you to return to your home country after your travel to the United States.

Today’s decision cannot be appealed. However, you may reapply at any time. If you decide to reapply, you must submit a new application form and photo, pay the visa application fee again, and make a new appointment to be interviewed by a consular officer. If you choose to reapply, you should be prepared to provide information that was not presented in your original application, or to demonstrate that your circumstances have changed since that application. "

I have strong ties with australia

1. Property and Bank accounts
2. Elder brother and his family is Australian citizen and been in Australia for last 10 years
3. My E3 application did not included my spouse and kids so more ties till they are in Australia

My questions

1. Are above proofs sufficient ? What else can be provided?
2. Is is better to re-apply E3 immediately or should I wait for some time?
3. Is it better to re-apply using same company or apply through different company (meaning new LCA)

Regards
Manish
Sorry to hear. May be one of the factors in the decision making was how close your E-3 application was to your AU Citizenship approval?
Old Feb 18th 2015, 2:11 am
Just Joined

melbboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

I have my appointment at Ottawa on 3rd of March 15 and I have all the paperwork ready. I am traveling from SFO, California to Ottawa for my E3 transfer. I will arrive on 2nd of March in ottawa. The existing visa with current employee is still valid until 08/2016. I paid the MRV fee ( us$ 205 ) before schedule the appointment. Are there any other payments require to pay. Should I have some Canadian dollars with me ? Specially where you need to go to post office and obtain some money order. My appointment is at 7.30 am and the weather will be crazy. Also I have the DS 160 , offer letter from new employer, supporting letter from new employer, certified LCA ,My Aussie Degree and academic evaluation from US. Anything else I need for this trip. Not sure What should be the answer if they ask reason for leaving the current employer ?

BTW I have been living in the states since 2009 and in 2010I got my first E3 under current employer and I renewed twice within the US. This is the first time I am traveling outside the US for E3 transfer by my self. I won't include my wife in this trip. She has exams and busy. My lawyer told me, The current visa will be still valid till 08/2016.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

hnorris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
My apologies if this has been answered but I cannot find solution. I'm currently on an E3 visa and about to change employers so will be traveling to Mexico City to complete.

Could someone give me a rundown on how the ASC / Consular appointments are booked? I completed everything else and made the ASC app but there is no where on the website to let me make a consular appointment.

I've tried contacting all possible phone numbers and no-one can really give me any useful information.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

melbboy is an unknown quantity at this point

hnorris,

You need LCA in order to schedule appointment. Also need to fill the ds160. you can make an appointment here. you can also call the embassy directly and ask questions.

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/es-mx/niv

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.