Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Bad topic but how do I report someone who is in the U.S illegally?

Wikiposts

Bad topic but how do I report someone who is in the U.S illegally?

Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:34 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad topic but how do I report someone who is in the U.S illegally?

Oh FFS somebody shut him up!
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:42 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Banksy3063
Its clear this not the correct forum for this discussion a final point. He has had 2 student visas he worked on the first one would that mean he lied to get the second one technically speaking maybe yes after all the DS-156 question is have you ever violated the terms of a previous U.S Visa technically he did just because it wasnt reported doesnt mean it didnt happen. It wouldnt be my word he would be deported on ICE would go to the school and the school would tell them if ICE approached them they aint going to lie to the agents faces. It is all in his student file i imagine. I think I will post up in one of those anti illegal immigration forums get some different opnions. But thanks for the help.
Who cares? Depending on the school, American universities are filled with non-citizens doing far more worse things than your buddy. No one gives a rat's ass. . . he paid 300K for school which is a hell of a lot more than the school gets for an American I'm sure. I'm sure you're not the first person to 'tell on' someone, so the school may not even take you seriously. If you want to be a rat, then you better find a more devious way to go about it.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Its clear this not the correct forum for this discussion a final point. He has had 2 student visas he worked on the first one would that mean he lied to get the second one technically speaking maybe yes after all the DS-156 question is have you ever violated the terms of a previous U.S Visa technically he did just because it wasnt reported doesnt mean it didnt happen. It wouldnt be my word he would be deported on ICE would go to the school and the school would tell them if ICE approached them they aint going to lie to the agents faces. It is all in his student file i imagine. I think I will post up in one of those anti illegal immigration forums get some different opnions. But thanks for the help.

#1 - If every college student that did drugs got expelled from school by a dean, there would be very, very few students at uni. The only way, as far as I know, a student can get expelled is to break a law (& get nicked), have failing grades, or, at some schools, getting busted breaking the 'honor code'.

#2 - Two words for you: plausible deniability. You have no evidence that the school actually knew he was working. They can deny they knew, therefore they ain't on the hook. You don't even know if the tutor told the school about it. And if the tutor did tell someone, who did he/she tell? The tutor may not even know the guy wasn't suppossed to work. I know when I met foreign students at uni, I had no idea they couldn't work until several years later. Besides, the school, or an ICE official has to bust the guy breaking the terms of his visa - it cannot be by 2nd hand info from someone else.

#3 - I really don't understand what your 3rd one was. For an educated guy, you aren't coming across too coherent. Must be all that pent up rage at getting cheated on.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Dec 23rd 2008 at 6:45 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

bjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant future

Word of advice when you post on one of those "anti illegal immigration forums" - make sure you indicate your passion for anti illegal immigration and not revenge. No one likes a nasty person.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 6:48 am
US immigration lawyer.

JCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond reputeJCraigFong has a reputation beyond repute

Banksy:

I almost do not know where to start. I think with respect to the mechanical process for "reporting" an out-of-status alien, well, the information was posted in the thread.

Second, the issues you raise that, in your analysis, make the subject alien out-of-status are explainable in several quite legitimate ways that I can think of. You may be reporting someone who is quite legally in the USA. (Yes, even if he is NOT currently using his OPT for working.)

Third, I may be an officer of the court -- as all attorneys are considered to be -- but Mrs. Fong did not send her son to law school in order to purposely make someone's life miserable, and I decline to do so in this matter. There are plenty of prosecutors, border guards, and other immigration enforcement types out there who are overjoyed to undertake the work.

Finally, I recognize your anger and hurt feelings. THAT part of your various postings is very clear to me, and the humanity reflected in THOSE parts are the ones I relate to the most. Although I might phrase the matter differently, other posters here have suggested, in so many words, that you would be better off letting go of this, and moving on. I think I agree with them. Seeking to get some of your own back, as they say, only keeps the hurt alive longer, and I strongly suspect that it will not resurrect your relationship with your girlfriend. The Chinese have a saying: "When planning revenge, dig two graves."

I know this is NOT what you were hoping to hear, but I hope you can begin a healing process. Best wishes. Happy holidays.

--J Craig Fong
Los Angeles, CA
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:10 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCraigFong
Although I might phrase the matter differently, other posters here have suggested, in so many words, that you would be better off letting go of this, and moving on. I think I agree with them.
--J Craig Fong
Los Angeles, CA
Care to clarify? How could you phrase it any more simply or eloquently than I did? I said "let it go" twice. Are you referring to my use of "man"?

Why do lawyers often consider themselves intellectually superior to other "lesser" people?

Frye: [picking up the line] Gamin' fish, eh? Marlin? Stingray? Bit through this piano wire? Don't you tell me my business again! You get back on the bridge...
Fong: Frye, that doesn't prove a damn thing!
Frye: Well it proves one thing, Mr. Fong. It proves that you wealthy college boys don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong...

--O Quint Frye
Denver, CO
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

bjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant futurebjohn has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Care to clarify? How could you phrase it any more simply or eloquently than I did? I said "let it go" twice. Are you referring to my use of "man"?

Why do lawyers often consider themselves intellectually superior to other "lesser" people?

Frye: [picking up the line] Gamin' fish, eh? Marlin? Stingray? Bit through this piano wire? Don't you tell me my business again! You get back on the bridge...
Fong: Frye, that doesn't prove a damn thing!
Frye: Well it proves one thing, Mr. Fong. It proves that you wealthy college boys don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong...

--O Quint Frye
Denver, CO
Got to disagree with you there. When did Mr Fong over say he was intellectually superior? He put his thoughts down in one beautiful, eloquent, piece of writing and I wish I had half the ability to write like that.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:19 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bjohn
and I wish I had half the ability to write like that.
That would be....to write like what he does.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:21 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bjohn
Got to disagree with you there. When did Mr Fong over say he was intellectually superior? He put his thoughts down in one beautiful, eloquent, piece of writing and I wish I had half the ability to write like that.
I agree....he said it PC. We're just bored and need a new victim.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 7:27 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I'm closing this thread. OP is a previously banned member who is wasting our time. Bah Humbug.

Sue