Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

Old Nov 18th 2013, 3:52 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

Originally Posted by catdogcali
Denied on 214b.
Sorry to hear that... but it was always a possibility.

Im re applying trying other VO if possible!
With respect, this is a complete waste of time and money. Unless your circumstances have changed significantly, you will get the same result. The specific VO is irrelevant... you must overcome the presumption that you intend to immigrate. You did not do this today... what will be different tomorrow that could possibly result in a different outcome?

Ian
Old Nov 18th 2013, 4:24 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

"other VO" will see that their fellow officer has denied you a visa, and why. You will not get a different result unless you submit a significantly different - significantly improved - applicaton.

Regards, JEff
Im re applying trying other VO if possible!
Old Nov 18th 2013, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

catdogcali is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what the interview was like:

VO: Why do you want to go to the US?
ME: Tourism
VO: For how long, sir?
ME: 7 days
VO: Do you have any relatives/friends in the US?
ME: no, no one
VO: OK, tell me about your job?
ME: I work as a System Administrator for the GOV, been in this position for almost 8 years now.
VO: may I see a work document letter and pay stubs?
ME: sure (Handle em to the VO)
VO: Looks at them and types...
VO: You told me you visiting friends?
ME: NO, I'm going to a hotel
VO: You told me you were going to visit some friends
ME: NO, YOU DID NOT HEAR WELL, I KNOW NO ONE IN THE US
VO: DO YOU OWN A HOUSE?
ME: YES
VO: WHO DO YOU LIVE WITH?
ME: with my GF
VO: YOU PURCHASED THIS HOUSE?
ME: YES
VO: WHEN?
ME: SORRY I DID NOT PURCHASE IT, I GOT IT FROM MY DAD WHO PASSED AWAY ON CHRISTMAS 2009, I GOT HIS DECESASE PAPERS AND STUFF IF YOU WANT TO SEE ALSO THE PROPERTY PAPERS
VO: TYPES FOR LIKE A MINUTE OR SO AND FINALLY SAYS
VO: YOU BEEN OUT OF THE COUNTRY?
ME: LASTLY NOT
VO: YOU BEEN TO US AND CANADA
ME: THAT WAS in 2001 12 YEARS AGO!
VO: YOU STAYED 5 MONTHS
ME: YES I WAS YOUNG I WAS GOING TO CONCERTS AND SNOWBOARDINGS
VO: I DID NOT HEAR U WELL?
ME: SNOWBOARDING, THE SPORT AND CONCERTS I WAS YOUNG I STAYED UNTIL I STARTED COLLEGE AT HOME!
VO: TYPES A LOT...
"I'm not going to grant you a visa, try next time"

I said "OK, is there anything I can do like a waiver?

VO: No, no waiver is needed for your situation, bring more evidence.

ME: OK THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

She did not ask me anything about my charges dropped/dismissed...

30 folks got their visa with only a question or two, while others depending on the VO were going through a hell of a time, I guess it also has to do with the VO, definately.

I'm bringing all the papers I did not have when I do re-apply.

BTW: I will be getting married in MARCH, I got an appointment for my marriage, is it OK to bring it up to the interview?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You've given 4 excuses here... which one is the truth? You say a lot... but I still have no idea what the truth is. Consider this: if I can't figure out what the truth is, then a trained immigration officer who knows what to look for when someone is being evasive, is going to verbally cut you into ribbons and toss the pieces away!

No one can tell you what to say... you're going to have to figure that out for yourself. Whatever you say, make sure it's the truth.

Ian
Old Nov 18th 2013, 11:41 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

ME: NO, YOU DID NOT HEAR WELL, I KNOW NO ONE IN THE US
That may not be the best way to build rapport....
Old Nov 18th 2013, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crg
That may not be the best way to build rapport....
I know I was just nervous

does it help I got a date for our marriage? its a gov letter they issue here when it says when you are getting married and when are you doing all the medical exams for it, as I'm traveling by myself, my GF (been together for 10 years) not married tho will stay here cause she has tons of work...
Old Nov 18th 2013, 12:32 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I know I was just nervous

does it help I got a date for our marriage? its a gov letter they issue here when it says when you are getting married and when are you doing all the medical exams for it, as I'm traveling by myself, my GF (been together for 10 years) not married tho will stay here cause she has tons of work...
It's tough to know how an application will be received. There is a fine line between preparation and desperation in their eyes. You may have a better chance if you waited a year before the next attempt, or you may get lucky. It's impossible to tell with any certainty.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 1:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm bringing all the papers I did not have when I do re-apply.
So after all the time you spent on here asking what documents you need to bring to the interview, there are still some you did not bring? Why did you not bring everything THIS time?

I will be getting married in MARCH, I got an appointment for my marriage, is it OK to bring it up to the interview?
You can bring up anything you want to at the interview.

does it help I got a date for our marriage?
In your current situation, I'm going to guess that no, it won't help.

I'm curious, why are you so desperate to get to the USA at this particular time? Evidently the VO thinks you have some kind of immigrant intent, and this VO's notes will be in your record at your next interview.

I will ask two questions again: 1) When do you plan on re-applying for a B-2 visa; and 2) What will have changed in your circumstances by that time?

Rene
Old Nov 18th 2013, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Might be time to save for the Honeymoon.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Lol! I will be getting married soon. I will keep you posted regarding my b2, I just read 97% of the applicants here get their B2 and we are about to get back the VWP benefit we lost back in 2001. I will try one more time before marrying bringinng all the documents, if that does not work, marriage then honeymoon.

I will keep on trying my best.

Could it be the key answers were wrong?

2005 - I was allegedly charged for carring a firearm, charges were dropped and case was dismissed.

The VO did not sat anything about it tho.

What he asked on her last question was about the VWP overstay, that was a no no but then again I read cases of people reapplying and getting it so we well see.

Salute
Old Nov 18th 2013, 3:59 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Lol! I will be getting married soon. I will keep you posted regarding my b2, I just read 97% of the applicants here get their B2 and we are about to get back the VWP benefit we lost back in 2001. I will try one more time before marrying bringinng all the documents, if that does not work, marriage then honeymoon.
You do my head in if I'm quite honest. You do realise you can't use the VWP because of your prior overstay?

Personally I'd just give up for a few years, you come across so scatty on here, I'd not wish to imagine how you came across to the CO.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I'd not wish to imagine how you came across to the CO.
Noorah said desperate, which seems fair to me.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 1:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it also has to do with the VO, definately.
You guess incorrectly.

I will be getting married in MARCH, I got an appointment for my marriage, is it OK to bring it up to the interview?
How will marriage change your past history? Marriage may be a tie to a specific person, but that's not the same thing as a tie to a home country!

... we are about to get back the VWP benefit we lost back in 2001.
No, you aren't. Once you overstay on the VWP you can never use the VWP again... ever!

Ian
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:30 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

That's it about your plans for the trip? That's all you said in response to the question?

Didn't you read 9 FAM 9 FAM 41.31 Notes, N3.1 and N3.2 (as well as the other sections) that you were referred to? Nothing about the itinerary that was discussed at length in this thread?

Regards, JEff
This is what the interview was like:

ME: Tourism
VO: For how long, sir?
ME: 7 days
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
That's it about your plans for the trip? That's all you said in response to the question?

Didn't you read 9 FAM 9 FAM 41.31 Notes, N3.1 and N3.2 (as well as the other sections) that you were referred to? Nothing about the itinerary that was discussed at length in this thread?

Regards, JEff
I said 7 days thats it, what else could I answer to that?
Old Nov 19th 2013, 4:14 am

You were asked an open-ended question
you could have said a lot more than the one word
Tourism.
Regards, JEff
I said 7 days thats it, what else could I answer to that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.