Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

Originally Posted by catdogcali
VO: Why do you want to go to the US?
ME: Tourism
Did you give him your prepared itinerary when you said you wanted to be a tourist?

Ian
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

catdogcali is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got my Canadian Visitor visa approbed...

I will be going for an interview again next week, I do realize my answer was short but I was adviced to give short answers the yes or no types if you read the thread I was advice not to give any details unless asked and she asked why I was going to the US to which I have replied tourism purposses.

I put two weeks instead of one week in the new DS-160 my friend got his visa denied last week re applied and got it approved with other VO who asked him if hed come back.

I assume they grant it or not by interviewing as they got no time to go through the whole form while interviewing/asking plus because I was nervous I changed my answer twice and explained the VO I answered incorrectly cause I was nervous.

she saw my pay stubs too, but when the VWP overstay was brought I guess my answer was wrong too, she asked what I was doing in the states and i told her i went to many concerts and snowboarding there and canada while on VWP reason I understayed.

What would have you answered if you overstayed for beig a teenager irresponsible just wanted to go to concerts and do extreme sports.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Did you give him your prepared itinerary when you said you wanted to be a tourist?

Ian
I did not
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:16 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

I will be going for an interview again next week, I do realize my answer was short but I was adviced to give short answers the yes or no types
I thought that advice was giving out speaking to a CBP officer at the border? Personally, I would have simply answered 'I wish to spend 7 days touring California; I have a detailed itinerary of my plans if you wish to see it?'.

Like others have said, don't bother to waste your money (ie, apply again). You don't appear to be able to present yourself well, which will just re-enforce the CO thinking you have immigrant intent.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

I will be going for an interview again next week, I do realize my answer was short but I was adviced to give short answers the yes or no types if you read the thread I was advice not to give any details unless asked and she asked why I was going to the US to which I have replied tourism purposses.

I put two weeks instead of one week in the new DS-160 my friend got his visa denied last week re applied and got it approved with other VO who asked him if hed come back.

I assume they grant it or not by interviewing as they got no time to go through the whole form while interviewing/asking plus because I was nervous I changed my answer twice and explained the VO I answered incorrectly cause I was nervous.

she saw my pay stubs too, but when the VWP overstay was brought I guess my answer was wrong too, she asked what I was doing in the states and i told her i went to many concerts and snowboarding there and canada while on VWP reason I understayed.

What would have you answered if you overstayed for beig a teenager irresponsible just wanted to go to concerts and do extreme sports.
I'm not usually as blunt as this, but I don't think you have a clue what you really want to do and, despite the best efforts of some of the most knowledgeable and helpful contributors to this forum, you certainly don't seem to fully understand the US visa process or appreciate the subtle nuances that can make the difference between success and failure.

Go right ahead and waste your money on another visa application fee if you wish. If you do, I'd put your chances of getting the visa on your next try at less than 20%.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:46 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ishe saw my pay stubs too, but when the VWP overstay was brought I guess my answer was wrong too, she asked what I was doing in the states and i told her i went to many concerts and snowboarding there and canada while on VWP reason I understayed.

Your answer was not wrong, it was honest. That makes it correct.

I would have answered honestly, as you did.

You keep saying you overstayed because you were an irresponsible teenager. How about just because you were irresponsible, period? Were you 13 at the time, or 19? Those are both teenage ages, and usually a 19 year old will be a little more responsible than a 13 year old...but not always. I know several 14 - 16 year old teenagers who are extremely responsible. It just comes down to the character of the individual, age aside.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Nov 19th 2013 at 5:48 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:48 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You were asked an open ended question, not a 'yes-or-no' question. You were invited to provide whatever information you wished, and you limited youself to one word.

Regards, JEff
I do realize my answer was short but I was adviced to give short answers the yes or no types if you read the thread I was advice not to give any details unless asked and she asked why I was going to the US to which I have replied tourism purposses.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Great! Then you can visit Canada instead of the USA.

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I'm not usually as blunt as this, but I don't think you have a clue what you really want to do and, despite the best efforts of some of the most knowledgeable and helpful contributors to this forum, you certainly don't seem to fully understand the US visa process or appreciate the subtle nuances that can make the difference between success and failure.

Go right ahead and waste your money on another visa application fee if you wish. If you do, I'd put your chances of getting the visa on your next try at less than 20%.
With all due respect, the reason I have been asking so much is because of my previous VWP overstay, if that didnt happen I wouldnt be asking and I would have been granted a visa, thats probably a fact as It is a fact also I plan on going for tourism purposses, if it was that easy I wouldnt be asking aometime being honest is not enough neither, i have mot lied and declared the 2 month overstay tha took place in 2001, the arrest altho there are no records and probably i could probably got away not declarig it neither, the VO asked so maany questions to the point I got tired and was rude yo her with one of the answers.

Thanks for the help
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Your answer was not wrong, it was honest. That makes it correct.

I would have answered honestly, as you did.

You keep saying you overstayed because you were an irresponsible teenager. How about just because you were irresponsible, period? Were you 13 at the time, or 19? Those are both teenage ages, and usually a 19 year old will be a little more responsible than a 13 year old...but not always. I know several 14 - 16 year old teenagers who are extremely responsible. It just comes down to the character of the individual, age aside.

Rene
I was 17 back then Rene
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:54 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

That advice applies to closed-end questions, whether asked by CBP, USCIS, or as in this case BCA.

However, we are talking here about an open-ended question. We often are told by posters who were refused visas "the consular officer didn't look at my papers", or "the consular officer didn't ask me for anything". Here the consular officer asked, and the applicant did not take the opportunity.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by hungryhorace
I thought that advice was giving out speaking to a CBP officer at the border?
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:55 pm

the VO asked so maany questions to the point I got tired and was rude yo her with one of the answers.
You were rude to the VO? I'm sure that contributed to some of the reason you were denied.

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
You were rude to the VO? I'm sure that contributed to some of the reason you were denied.

Rene
Yup I was a bit tired of the massive question, she asked a tricky question and I told her she had listening problems cause I did not say that... she was asian on her 20s
Old Nov 19th 2013, 6:00 pm

Yup I was a bit tired of the massive question, she asked a tricky question and I told her she had listening problems cause I did not say that...
Wow. Bad move for you, I'm afraid.

she was asian on her 20s
This is completely irrelevant.

Rene
Old Nov 19th 2013, 6:03 pm

Yes, I noticed that in your transcript of the interview. It's a commonly used interview tactic.

Regards, JEff
... she asked a tricky question ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.