Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

Old Nov 16th 2013, 3:28 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

Originally Posted by catdogcali
I was underage and wasnt aware of the impact it could have? or too young and spent 5 months going to concerts and sleeping in cheap motels to make the money my parents gave me last until i would return for college I wasnt aware of the immigration laws?
You've given 4 excuses here... which one is the truth? You say a lot... but I still have no idea what the truth is. Consider this: if I can't figure out what the truth is, then a trained immigration officer who knows what to look for when someone is being evasive, is going to verbally cut you into ribbons and toss the pieces away!

I might be too wordy indees ian thats why I wonde what a good answer would be, a simple and short one of course!
No one can tell you what to say... you're going to have to figure that out for yourself. Whatever you say, make sure it's the truth.

Ian
Old Nov 16th 2013, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

catdogcali is an unknown quantity at this point

I understand, but I was a bit young and unaware of the immigration laws i was vacationing until college startes in my home country, not 4 excuses but rather exlaining you what lead into the overstay!

Thank u a a lot ian!! You guys helped me a lot
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You've given 4 excuses here... which one is the truth? You say a lot... but I still have no idea what the truth is. Consider this: if I can't figure out what the truth is, then a trained immigration officer who knows what to look for when someone is being evasive, is going to verbally cut you into ribbons and toss the pieces away!

No one can tell you what to say... you're going to have to figure that out for yourself. Whatever you say, make sure it's the truth.

Ian
Old Nov 16th 2013, 4:35 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Only you know what a simple, concise, answer would be - you are the one who did it, we were not there to see it.

Some things a person has to figure out on their own.

Regards, JEff
in case asked then A simple and exact answer would be ...
Old Nov 17th 2013, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Only you know what a simple, concise, answer would be - you are the one who did it, we were not there to see it.

Some things a person has to figure out on their own.

Regards, JEff
Thank you.

Lastly, interview monday in the AM trying tomgather as much info as possible.

Do i handle all the supporting papers along with my passport when called by the VO or the VO might just say "only the passport please" because i keep on reading VOs never or almost never check the supporting documents.

From what I learned in this forum I assume just short answers are the best, avoidimg using "I think" "probably" and "maybe" also not too give additional info unless asked. Right?
Old Nov 17th 2013, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Yup thank you tons Ian
Old Nov 17th 2013, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

ihaveavisa is an unknown quantity at this point

catdogcali...

Have you obtained the ACPO certificate ? , how is the arrest listed on there?

and you say you were charged? and went to court? , that is very unlikely to have happened if no gun was found , arrested on suspicion yes , but being charged would mean that they had evidence that the CPS agreed was strong enough to send you to court ,IE they must have had a weapon or something thought to been a weapon at least otherwise you would have never been charged , check you have the facts correct first
Old Nov 17th 2013, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ihaveavisa
catdogcali...

Have you obtained the ACPO certificate ? , how is the arrest listed on there?

and you say you were charged? and went to court? , that is very unlikely to have happened if no gun was found , arrested on suspicion yes , but being charged would mean that they had evidence that the CPS agreed was strong enough to send you to court ,IE they must have had a weapon or something thought to been a weapon at least otherwise you would have never been charged , check you have the facts correct first
OP is in Argentina, so ACPO isn't relevant.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ihaveavisa
... check you have the facts correct first?
I have to ask... did you actually read the entire thread before you posted?

Ian
Old Nov 17th 2013, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

ihaveavisa is an unknown quantity at this point

OP is in Argentina, so ACPO isn't relevant.
Oh , missed that part , would still expect there to been evidenced to have been charged

anyhow good luck OP
Old Nov 17th 2013, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there,

The law might work a bit different here than in the UK, and as far as I know VOs probably know the way things go over there.

The first thing that happened when my neighbor called 911, the pólice arrived, took notes of who was around, check what happened, and looked for witness, my dad had his nose broken and the neighbor who punched him had blood all over his shirt, I was there along with my GF.

The pólice took the 4 of us to the station, booked us in, my dad reported him for assault and battery or something like that, while the dude who punched him as a mere excuse said that my dad and I had a gun, which was obviously a big lie but he said he punched my dad to save his life (my dad had cáncer back then, was mad skinny and couldnt move a bone... so no go!), the DA took the case, witness said there was NO gun and that was it, the charges that were originally in there were dropped and the case was latter dismissed alto my dad kept on prosecuting him until dad passed away so he GOT away with it as well. Basically, thats what happened, more or less, the history might be a bit long in case the VO ask.

I put on the DS-160 form "2005 - Charged for allegedly carrying a firearm, case dismissed, charges dropped", regarding this, I dont know if the VO will ask about it or not, I will bring the court documents in case the VO asks, if he also wants an explanation of what happened I will of course explain so.

H1B denied in 2002/2003 (dont remember the exact date) I dont even know why was it denied, it was probably due to my age and lack of college, alto by that age, if VO asks I will simply said "I dont remember why was it denied"

Last thing, and the one I fear, the VWP overstay back in 2001 (Entered the US last week of FEB, departed second week of AUG) thats like 5 months, 2 months overstay when understage (17), this happened almost 13 years ago now, I was just too Young and my parents were paying for everything, I wanted to do as much snowboarding and extreme sports and go to as many concerts as I could, so I stayed in many motels traveling around the country going to see my favourite bands back then until I departed on my own to start college on my country.

The pros, I have a job with the GOV with a high salary (at least, a high salary here...), been working for the gov for 8 years, stayed out of troble, matter of fact I have NO records so I really never get into trouble... traveling for a week to California, bringing LOADS os documents to the interview tomorrow morning!

I have read in many fórums that some people just handle all the documents along with the Passport ands DS-160 form to the officer when called, is this OK or will the VO be like "stop, I did only ask you for your passport"?

Thats pretty much it, I have learned a lot from this fórum and I hope everything goes well.

Thanks people like Ian, Rene, materialcont... J.... everyone for your replies and help! Hope tomorrow I can come back and say Hey I got it!
Old Nov 17th 2013, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The only thing I can be certain about is the interview will be a lot shorter than the time it would take to read this thread.
Old Nov 17th 2013, 11:35 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. This thread represents billions of times more brainpower than the VO will expend considering the application. The H1B denial at 19 (don't even know how that was even considered a viable option) and the VWP overstay that occurred right about the time the whole of Argentina was booted off of the VWP (half of Mendoza moved to Florida as the Argentinian economy tanked so bad that people were bartering instead of using currency) may tend to give the impression that you want to move in by any means necessary. The question will be whether enough time has passed since the last attempts, how established you are now and that decision will be made in the blink of an eye.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crg
I agree. This thread represents billions of times more brainpower than the VO will expend considering the application. The H1B denial at 19 (don't even know how that was even considered a viable option) and the VWP overstay that occurred right about the time the whole of Argentina was booted off of the VWP (half of Mendoza moved to Florida as the Argentinian economy tanked so bad that people were bartering instead of using currency) may tend to give the impression that you want to move in by any means necessary. The question will be whether enough time has passed since the last attempts, how established you are now and that decision will be made in the blink of an eye.
Yup, that was like 12 years ago, nothing was ever tried ever since, i have been working for 8 years and havent applied for a visa after the H1B.

How can I give that impression if I never tried again, left on my own, when a job opportunity was there applied the right immigrant visa even if it was denied, and then never ever bothered again?

I have seen worse scenarios with good outcomes.... the VOs live here and know what our economy is like by looking at my salary I have no i tentions to immigrate, dont know anyone in the us dont got no relatives in the us either... I guess it will depend on the vo
Old Nov 18th 2013, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Denied on 214b

The interview was smooth, VO asked for employee letter and pay stubs, lastly she asked me why I did overstay my VWP for two months, types tons and gave me a white paper 214b on it.

Im re applying trying other VO if possible!

Yup, that was like 12 years ago, nothing was ever tried ever since, i have been working for 8 years and havent applied for a visa after the H1B.

How can I give that impression if I never tried again, left on my own, when a job opportunity was there applied the right immigrant visa even if it was denied, and then never ever bothered again?

I have seen worse scenarios with good outcomes.... the VOs live here and know what our economy is like by looking at my salary I have no i tentions to immigrate, dont know anyone in the us dont got no relatives in the us either... I guess it will depend on the vo
Old Nov 18th 2013, 12:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Denied on 214b

The interview was smooth, VO asked for employee letter and pay stubs, lastly she asked me why I did overstay my VWP for two months, types tons and gave me a white paper 214b on it.

Im re applying trying other VO if possible!
Follow this link: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/de...ials_1361.html. Scroll down to the "214(b)" section. It seems you are presumed to have immigrant intent and did not demonstrate strong ties to your home country.

Here is a quote from that site: "If you feel there is additional information that should be considered related to the visa decision, or there are significant changes in your circumstances since your last application, you may reapply for a visa."

You say you are re-applying, but when? Whenever there have been significant changes in your circumstances since your last application?

And you can hope for a different VO, but you could also get the same one again. You cannot predict.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.