Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:56 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Interview next week, arrest included need help!

So you are over a week, more like 9-10 days, according to this outline. That's what I meant by inconsistent. Make yourself an itinerary as others have suggested. Not hour-by-hour, but day-by-day, to figure out for yourself how long you'll need to stay to accomplish what you want to accomplish.
Originally Posted by catdogcali
What does look inconsistent? I plan on shopping, renting a car to check the Orange County beaches while around LA, and vist San Francisco which I never been before but always heard and seen its a beautifull place?
Probably 4 days in Los Angeles and with a rented car I've seen and remember cause I've been there Orange County is close by and so is San Diego, so maybe during the day I can drive around LA and places around, an for 3 days I might just drive up north to SFO which is like a ten hour driving stay there for two days and then come back to LA for departure...

I see a common thread developing. You don't have a plan, you don't pay attention to what you're doing, you just take it as it comes. While it's unlikely that you'll manage to overstay a 6-month B-2 visit as you did the 90-day VWP visit, you do seem like a potential candidate to decide to stay, period. Again, a well planned itinerary will demostrate a degree of responsibility to the consular officer, hopefully cancelling out your past lack of responsibility.
As for the VWP overstay, I was 16 or 17 years ago, that was like 12 years ago I don't even remember the dates quite well, I finished High School and my dads sponsored the whole trip so I was going to concerts, I even traveled from Los ANgeles to Canada for skying purposes, been to New York, Miami, lots of fun places but did not realice the impact of overstaying or paying attention to the departure date.
Regards, JEff
Old Nov 12th 2013, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

catdogcali is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
So you are over a week, more like 9-10 days, according to this outline. That's what I meant by inconsistent. Make yourself an itinerary as others have suggested. Not hour-by-hour, but day-by-day, to figure out for yourself how long you'll need to stay to accomplish what you want to accomplish.

I see a common thread developing. You don't have a plan, you don't pay attention to what you're doing, you just take it as it comes. While it's unlikely that you'll manage to overstay a 6-month B-2 visit as you did the 90-day VWP visit, you do seem like a potential candidate to decide to stay, period. Again, a well planned itinerary will demostrate a degree of responsibility to the consular officer, hopefully cancelling out your past lack of responsibility.

Regards, JEff
I made an itinerary already, thanks Jeff.

I put the places I plan to go on Los Angeles, San Diego and if the time helps with a 6 hours driving a day in San Francisco as well.

I put the three hotels I could stay in LA and in San Francisco as well and all the rent a car info, none reserved until visa is issued.

I will post the itinerary when I get back home!
Old Nov 13th 2013, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

as far as the waiver overstay, it actually happened in 2001 i just found a picture (glad inhad it) of the day I departed the US, I arrived the US the third week of February 2001 and left on my own August 18 thats 5 months and few days, Input in the DS160 in prior trips to the US these dates, however, on march 20 2001 I flew from LAX to Vancouver for some skying and I dont know wether when I came back to the us they gave me a new date on the i94w i was too yodng but the total is 5 months so i assume i overstayed by 2 months and 18 days when I was underage.

Does the fact that i left on my own will help? This happened like 12 years ago almost 13 will this be a big problem?

Interview next mon im totally nervous and scared!
Old Nov 13th 2013, 12:35 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

as far as the waiver overstay, it actually happened in 2001 i just found a picture (glad inhad it) of the day I departed the US, I arrived the US the third week of February 2001 and left on my own August 18 thats 5 months and few days, Input in the DS160 in prior trips to the US these dates, however, on march 20 2001 I flew from LAX to Vancouver for some skying and I dont know wether when I came back to the us they gave me a new date on the i94w i was too yodng but the total is 5 months so i assume i overstayed by 2 months and 18 days when I was underage.

Does the fact that i left on my own will help? This happened like 12 years ago almost 13 will this be a big problem?

Interview next mon im totally nervous and scared!
No. Stop worrying. For gods sake!
Old Nov 13th 2013, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
MOm just told me the same lol thanks a lot, this forum is of great help and advice
Old Nov 13th 2013, 1:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just curious, what is "skying"? You've mentioned it several times.

Rene
Old Nov 13th 2013, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I'm just curious, what is "skying"? You've mentioned it several times.

Rene
Snowboarding, the winter sport, not skying sorry was not using the right wording!
Old Nov 13th 2013, 2:47 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that what happened way back when is not what you should be worrying about. What you do need to be concerned with is presenting a sufficient demonstration that you do not today, and for your currently planned visit, pose a risk of either deciding to try to immigrate or needing to work while in the USA.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Old Nov 13th 2013, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks,

I just received a document from my current employer (Government) with some GOV stamps on it, where it states what my salary is and that I have been working for the GOV since 2006 (7 years).

Regarding the trip, I have printed also a draft of my itinerary so the VO can see if he/she wants to, 3 places where I could possible rent a car near the Airport, 3 hotels I could probably make reservations if the visa goes well, and also a sheddule saying the places I will be visiting in LA, San Diego and San Francisco, 7 days is enough I have been google maping some I plan on staying in LA for 3 days, 4 day I might hit San Diego which is near by, and the 5th and 6th day I might drive up to SFO which is a 6/7 hours driving depending on the traffic, in case I need more days like a day or two I will decide when at the POE they give me 7 or more days to stay in, if they allow me to stay for like 15 days I might just stay 8 or 9 but NO more than that because I have to come back for my job.

I hope this looks allright, I definately and BY NO MEANS will disrespect any law no more.

Interview on MON so Ima let you know how it goes.

P.S: Im going to the ASC on FRI to have my fingerprints and photo taken, on MON interview at the US Embassy, do I bring all THESE supporting documents to the embassy and no to the ASC right? Also, at the embassy when and how do you give the VO all these supporting documents because I heard they might not ask so instead I wanna handle them to the VO in case he wanna dig a bit deeper, do you handle the VO your passport right?

I agree that what happened way back when is not what you should be worrying about. What you do need to be concerned with is presenting a sufficient demonstration that you do not today, and for your currently planned visit, pose a risk of either deciding to try to immigrate or needing to work while in the USA.

Regards, JEff
Old Nov 13th 2013, 4:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I just received a document from my current employer (Government) with some GOV stamps on it, where it states what my salary is and that I have been working for the GOV since 2006 (7 years).
It would be helpful for the letter from the employer to give a specific date you are due back at work.

... in case I need more days like a day or two I will decide when at the POE they give me 7 or more days to stay in, if they allow me to stay for like 15 days I might just stay 8 or 9 but NO more than that because I have to come back for my job.
Don't you have to tell your job ahead of time what date you'll be back? Can you just call them up after a few days and say "hey I'm staying another few days in the USA"?

As for driving to San Fran, it sounds like you're driving from San Diego to San Fran (not from LA). So make that an even longer drive. So a very long day of driving to San Fran, staying overnight, and then driving back to LA the next day to catch your flight out the day after that? I suppose it can be done, but it just sounds too rushed and hectic to me. If you were flying to San Fran, that would be different....but driving all that way up and back just for 1 night doesn't sound like fun to me!

I hope this looks allright,
In my opinion, it still looks like you don't have a firm plan. It would be better if your employer puts a definite date you need to be back at work in the letter, and also that your return airline ticket and planned itinerary matches that date.

Im going to the ASC on FRI to have my fingerprints and photo taken, on MON interview at the US Embassy, do I bring all THESE supporting documents to the embassy and no to the ASC right?
I'm just curious, is this something new? I read a lot of posts on here about people going for B-2 interviews, and I've never seen anyone else mention having to go to an ASC for fingerprints and photo before the actual visa interview date.

Rene
Old Nov 13th 2013, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I have printed also a draft of my itinerary so the VO can see if he/she wants to...
No - don't leave it to the officer to choose whether or not he wants to see it. Hand it over with everything else, without being asked for it.

... 3 places where I could possible rent a car near the Airport, 3 hotels I could probably make reservations if the visa goes well, and also a sheddule saying the places I will be visiting in LA, San Diego and San Francisco, 7 days is enough I have been google maping some I plan on staying in LA for 3 days, 4 day I might hit San Diego which is near by, and the 5th and 6th day I might drive up to SFO which is a 6/7 hours driving depending on the traffic, in case I need more days like a day or two I will decide when at the POE they give me 7 or more days to stay in, if they allow me to stay for like 15 days I might just stay 8 or 9 but NO more than that because I have to come back for my job.
Do you not realize how completely wishy-washy this is? It's full of "possible" and "probably" and "might" and "depending". It is totally useless. You want to give the officer something definite.

Whether or not you actually follow the intinerary once you're in the US doesn't really matter... but you must present an itinerary that makes it absolutely clear what you are doing each day. As it stands right now, you have not done that.

Your job is to make it as easy as possible for the officer to approve your visa. If you don't make things clear... then it's likely not going to happen. Your choice!

Ian
Old Nov 13th 2013, 6:06 pm

The point of this being what?
What Ian wrote. This demonstrates that you don't really know what you're going to do. As to the length of stay that CBP is going to give you - if you get the visa - 6 months.
Regarding the trip, I have printed also a draft of my itinerary so the VO can see if he/she wants to, 3 places where I could possible rent a car near the Airport, 3 hotels I could probably make reservations if the visa goes well, and also a sheddule saying the places I will be visiting in LA, San Diego and San Francisco, 7 days is enough I have been google maping some I plan on staying in LA for 3 days, 4 day I might hit San Diego which is near by, and the 5th and 6th day I might drive up to SFO which is a 6/7 hours driving depending on the traffic, in case I need more days like a day or two I will decide when at the POE they give me 7 or more days to stay in, if they allow me to stay for like 15 days I might just stay 8 or 9 but NO more than that because I have to come back for my job.
Regards, JEff
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

The point of this being what?

What Ian wrote. This demonstrates that you don't really know what you're going to do. As to the length of stay that CBP is going to give you - if you get the visa - 6 months.

Regards, JEff
The letter from my employer, the Government, says its to be presented on the US embassy, it states for how long I have been working for them, and what my salary is, however and as far as vacations dates they cannot put any dates on it, I'm able to take vacations anytime during the year for 21 days. They don't care if I do take a week, or 3 weeks, as the law in this country allows us to take up to 3 weeks off vacations. (Excuse me for my poor English)
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It would be helpful for the letter from the employer to give a specific date you are due back at work.

Don't you have to tell your job ahead of time what date you'll be back? Can you just call them up after a few days and say "hey I'm staying another few days in the USA"?

As for driving to San Fran, it sounds like you're driving from San Diego to San Fran (not from LA). So make that an even longer drive. So a very long day of driving to San Fran, staying overnight, and then driving back to LA the next day to catch your flight out the day after that? I suppose it can be done, but it just sounds too rushed and hectic to me. If you were flying to San Fran, that would be different....but driving all that way up and back just for 1 night doesn't sound like fun to me!

In my opinion, it still looks like you don't have a firm plan. It would be better if your employer puts a definite date you need to be back at work in the letter, and also that your return airline ticket and planned itinerary matches that date.

I'm just curious, is this something new? I read a lot of posts on here about people going for B-2 interviews, and I've never seen anyone else mention having to go to an ASC for fingerprints and photo before the actual visa interview date.

Rene
keep in mind I'm applying outside London, as fas as the ASC its probably something new I don't know.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Ian (or others as well...)

I'm fixing my Itinerary... I know where I want to go, however I might need to make it look better without that many "probably" and "migh"

Could you please give me an example of an itinerary I could show? I want to see what the "Format" would look like because mine looks like a personal draft and that might not be what the VO wants to see.

Thanks for the massive help on this forum, is there anywhere to contribute/donate?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No - don't leave it to the officer to choose whether or not he wants to see it. Hand it over with everything else, without being asked for it.

Do you not realize how completely wishy-washy this is? It's full of "possible" and "probably" and "might" and "depending". It is totally useless. You want to give the officer something definite.

Whether or not you actually follow the intinerary once you're in the US doesn't really matter... but you must present an itinerary that makes it absolutely clear what you are doing each day. As it stands right now, you have not done that.

Your job is to make it as easy as possible for the officer to approve your visa. If you don't make things clear... then it's likely not going to happen. Your choice!

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.