Another way of getting a job?

Old Nov 2nd 2016, 1:43 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another way of getting a job?

Originally Posted by Limey187
is there any particluar Trans-Atlantic companies that have a good reputation for transferring UK staff to America, in terms of volume and how willing they are to do it?
There's more to it than just finding thr right employer, you have to be in the right sort of job AND be senior enough - visas for employer-sponsored transfers are for managers and employees with specific/ irreplaceable experience in that business.

I worked for four different employers in the UK and three showed not the slightest interest in relocating me to the US - I tried my own negotiations with the fourth, but I believe that that deal was scuppered by HR in the US based on a lack of knowledge of my need for a visa, but the deal was dead before I got a chance to provide a rebuttal.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another way of getting a job?

Originally Posted by Pulaski
.. but I believe that that deal was scuppered by HR in the US based on a lack of knowledge of my need for a visa, but the deal was dead before I got a chance to provide a rebuttal.
I had a similar experience. I was offered a job having fully explained that I would be coming on a spousal visa. HR then consulted a lawyer who advised them that it would take three years to get the visa! I could not persuade them otherwise. "We cannot go against the advice of our lawyer" was all they would say so that job offer went away.