Vash's Update Thread

Old Nov 6th 2009, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vash's Update Thread

I love how light it is

Don't love that awful fireplace though
Old Nov 6th 2009, 5:21 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Vash's Update Thread

Thanks guys.

The fireplace will be getting a facelift some time in the new year. We'll rip out the old (dead) oil heater, paint the bricks and install a new heater; probably a fake log electric fire, like this:

Old Nov 6th 2009, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

I think its looking great, all the hard work is really showing now, well done. Adelaide is a lovely place to live & bring up kids, lots of space & everything you need in life really!

Cant wait to get back over there.

Bluekipper
Old Nov 6th 2009, 7:22 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

Had to fix this one because a link had died...

Before:

During:

After:

Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:10 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Our bogans are pretty good really. The front of their house is neat and well kept, with no dead cars on the lawn and no dogs at all.

The cops told me it was a "very busy night" (Saturday night; understandable) and they would try to get there asap "but it could take one and a half hours." It took actually them about an hour to arrive, during which time the bogans voluntarily turned the volume down to an acceptable level. But the cops did not know how loud it had originally been, and told them to turn it down even further! So in the end it was practically silent.

Comes with the territory, were you live unfortunatly............mm
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:46 pm
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Vash's Update Thread

Originally Posted by mr mover
Comes with the territory, were you live unfortunatly............mm
Yep, we expected nothing less.

Still, our particular part of the suburb is smart and remarkably quiet. The lady who was renting our house liked the area so much that she bought a place round the corner from us when she moved out.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Nov 7th 2009 at 12:06 am.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 3:06 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Yep, we expected nothing less.

Still, our particular part of the suburb is smart and remarkably quiet. The lady who was renting our house liked the area so much that she bought a place round the corner from us when she moved out.
yes you do live in a good part of Playford. even my area of playford has its ups and downs , i have a member of the Finks motor cycle gang for a neighbor, he keeps to him self and is fairly quiet, we dont get any riff raff around because of him ...........mm
Old Nov 7th 2009, 4:11 am
Fighting my corner

Talking Re: Vash's Update Thread

Originally Posted by mr mover
yes you do live in a good part of Playford. even my area of playford has its ups and downs , i have a member of the Finks motor cycle gang for a neighbor, he keeps to him self and is fairly quiet, we dont get any riff raff around because of him ...........mm
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:09 am
Fighting my corner

Part 11: the black lagoon.
One of the more appealing features of our house in South Australia is a large outdoor spa. It was sealed shut while our tenants rented the property, to stop wandering elephants falling in and drowning. Today I decided to explore the horrors within.

Having never owned an outdoor spa before, I felt that I would bring to the job the exact type of honest objectivity that would doubtless enable me to approach it in the right frame of mind, for best results.

Or, to put it another way, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing.

First few planks removed:

A quick peek at the corners:

Now I'm no expert, but my first thought was "This doesn't look good."

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Nov 10th 2009 at 9:14 am.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:10 am
Fighting my corner

The abyss!

I grabbed a bucket and started bailing.

Some time later...

Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:12 am
Fighting my corner

Signs of progress:

There's no plug at the bottom. Is this normal for spas? I don't know. There is some sort of filter tucked away down there (you can't see it from this angle) but I have no idea how it drains, if at all.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Nov 10th 2009 at 9:15 am.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:20 am
Fighting my corner

Earlier today I switched it on and it began to dribble clean hot water into the tub, which I assume is a good thing. As far as I can tell, it definitely works. But I still have a huge amount of work to do. The spa needs to be thoroughly cleaned by hand and rinsed with a hose, which will take me a couple of hours. And then... er...

Well that's just it: I don't know what's supposed to happen next. I don't know the make of my spa, I don't know the model and I can't find any controls (apart from the on/off switch with a thermostat, mounted on the kitchen wall). I have some chemicals in the shed which were left by a previous owner, but I don't know how to use them.

So if there is anyone in the northern Adelaide suburbs who knows something about spas and feels like a good laugh over a free beer or two, you are welcome to visit me and tell me what the hell's going on with this damn contraption. That's a genuine offer!

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Nov 10th 2009 at 9:23 am.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:26 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Jeez, the smell must have been terrible. You have done a good job getting that all cleaned up.
Never owned a spa. I was put off when i saw what was in my neighbours filter (gip)...

But enjoy it nevertheless
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm impressed at how clean you've got it. I wouldn't have been anywhere close when you took that lid off Know nothing about them, sorry but you someone will be along full of advice and then someone will say something completely contrary to that
Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:43 am
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Jeez, the smell must have been terrible. You have done a good job getting that all cleaned up.
Never owned a spa. I was put off when i saw what was in my neighbours filter (gip)...

But enjoy it nevertheless
Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm impressed at how clean you've got it. I wouldn't have been anywhere close when you took that lid off Know nothing about them, sorry but you someone will be along full of advice and then someone will say something completely contrary to that
Thanks guys. Fortunately the open air and the fact that I had opened it progressively meant that I wasn't hit with the smell in the way that I'd expected to be. But I did have to stand in a large pool of filthy water for a while, with the occasional spider crawling up my leg and mosquitoes trying to inject me with malaria.

It looks reasonably good at the moment but I still have a lot of scrubbing ahead of me tomorrow. There's still some dirt at the bottom, not to mention the grime and mould around the rim, seats and water jets. I am hoping that an overnight airing and a good hot day will help to expel some germs, dry out the last bits of water and make the remaining job a bit easier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.