Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

We told our son yesterday about the move

Didn't go that well, all we got was 'I'm not going, I'm going to live with nan'. He didn't cry, rant, go into a sulk, he was very calm about it.

Anyway we went to the cinema last night and when we came back I came on BE to get my fix. It was late about 11pm and my son had already gone to bed. Anyhow, next minute he comes in crying his eyes out saying he cannot get it out of his head

I felt so bad, he doesn't want to leave his mates or his family and asked all sorts of questions. I was so proud of him because he understood alot of our reasons for wanting to go but was scared.

Anyhow, by midnight, we were talking about where we should live (he had this thing about perth and we had to look it up on the internet). He doesn't want to go back to Cairns.

We got him signed up on the youth forum and he seemed quite happy about that cause we read a few of the posts together.

Anyhow, it's early days and he said he will talk to his big sis and her boyfriend about it today. Fingers crossed!

Mandy
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

RooksieJ forgot to say I was half way through answering your pm when he came in last night so had to abandon it.

I will answer again in a bit as we have someone coming round about doing a few job on the house ready to put it on the market.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 9:31 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
RooksieJ forgot to say I was half way through answering your pm when he came in last night so had to abandon it.

I will answer again in a bit as we have someone coming round about doing a few job on the house ready to put it on the market.
so you are going for it then!!!! i am so happy for you - you got to give it another go mate or else you will never know and that will totally do your head in!

YAY you x
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:33 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
Bix looks like we heading your way..jed.
Jed, I think you will like it here, not a little but a lot

Nice small city but with plenty going on and loads to do and see.
Lovely place to raise kids.

I would have thought work for you will be no problem with all the house building and development going on. Plumbers jobs are advertised every week.

Aircon is also very big if you ever fancied doing a retraining thing.

PS
Sorry I missed your post.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
Jed, I think you will like it here, not a little but a lot

Nice small city but with plenty going on and loads to do and see.
Lovely place to raise kids.

I would have thought work for you will be no problem with all the house building and development going on. Plumbers jobs are advertised every week.

Aircon is also very big if you ever fancied doing a retraining thing.

PS
Sorry I missed your post.
he is all happy again now mate!! we are on google earth so go and moon us in your garden mate!!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:45 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Google Earth is about 2 years out of date so you'll have to check the fields as that's all my house was back then
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
Google Earth is about 2 years out of date so you'll have to check the fields as that's all my house was back then
oh poop!!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Scrawni and her life Oz-UK

its a funny old world isn't it but nice to know we all feel the same, we felt really isolated in Oz when we couldn't settle and i really wanted to be like the other brits we met who were just getting on with it but then coming back to UK was worse because we really didn't fit in here either.i still keep in touch with my family but its not the same as before and we just can't wait to go back but feel it will be for the right reason this time. there's so much we miss and sometimes you have to go back to get it straight in your head.just wish it didn't cost so much!!!!Anyway, here's to success for us all whether its first, second, third or eighth ping pongs!!! One thing, i bet none of us take as much furniture back the second time as we did the first? i've cleared loads out since coming back and still keep finding things wondering why on earth i took it in the first place?Babs.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 3:22 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Babsw
its a funny old world isn't it but nice to know we all feel the same, we felt really isolated in Oz when we couldn't settle and i really wanted to be like the other brits we met who were just getting on with it but then coming back to UK was worse because we really didn't fit in here either.i still keep in touch with my family but its not the same as before and we just can't wait to go back but feel it will be for the right reason this time. there's so much we miss and sometimes you have to go back to get it straight in your head.just wish it didn't cost so much!!!!Anyway, here's to success for us all whether its first, second, third or eighth ping pongs!!! One thing, i bet none of us take as much furniture back the second time as we did the first? i've cleared loads out since coming back and still keep finding things wondering why on earth i took it in the first place?Babs.

with you on all these points, still, at least we haven't been bored for the last couple of years. and hey, who needs money with this excitement we have
Old Mar 4th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.standrewscc.qld.edu.au/

what do you know about this place???
Absolutely first class school, very difficult to get into (especially in the younger year levels) these days due to its popularity. Fees are a quarter of those for TAS (puportedly Cairns 'Best' school) and yet St A's facillities are ten times better than TAS (The only thing TAS has that St A's does not is a pool and that will be built within the next 5 years anyway...). Teaching staff are excellent, academically sound program for all year levels and a nice 'holistic' approach incorporating the Catholic faith. Can't sing the schools praises highly enough.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Absolutely first class school, very difficult to get into (especially in the younger year levels) these days due to its popularity. Fees are a quarter of those for TAS (puportedly Cairns 'Best' school) and yet St A's facillities are ten times better than TAS (The only thing TAS has that St A's does not is a pool and that will be built within the next 5 years anyway...). Teaching staff are excellent, academically sound program for all year levels and a nice 'holistic' approach incorporating the Catholic faith. Can't sing the schools praises highly enough.
Hi you!! i have emailed them but no reply so will give them a ring tonight *yawn*!!! all baptised catholics but if there aint a place available, there aint a place available suck it and see i guess
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi you!! i have emailed them but no reply so will give them a ring tonight *yawn*!!! all baptised catholics but if there aint a place available, there aint a place available suck it and see i guess
Hello!

actually being a practising Catholic will put you towards the top of any waiting lists they may have and I believe they prioritise with Catholic families first...but they are very good at accomodating non-Catholics, if you support the 'ethos' of the school (that'll be us).

Which year levels are you needing?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 7:13 am

Hello!

actually being a practising Catholic will put you towards the top of any waiting lists they may have and I believe they prioritise with Catholic families first...but they are very good at accomodating non-Catholics, if you support the 'ethos' of the school (that'll be us).

come Jan 2008, Grace will be Year 8 and Daisy will be Year 3. we also have a new addition, Eve, but she's got a few years to go yet!!

so do yours attend the school mate - that would be pretty cool!!!
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:21 pm
guitar maniac

snakemanjake is a jewel in the roughsnakemanjake is a jewel in the roughsnakemanjake is a jewel in the roughsnakemanjake is a jewel in the rough

Hello!

Steandleigh,

How's tricks? Last time we spoke you were just moving/just moved into your new house. As you will have read we are thinking about making the move again!! It's a bugger cause the house prices have gone up a bit but hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing eh?

Hope you and yours are doing well.

Mandy
Old Mar 5th 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

ahhhhhh! Sorry but my son was logged on and the previous post was not from Snakemanjake but Scrawni 2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.