First weeks in Cairns

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First weeks in Cairns

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Hi Sally Claire,
I have had CO's e mail for ages as got it when my employer sponsorship part was approved..she e mailed both of us...so I have hassled her ever since!!!!
have you not had any contact from your CO at all?
Liz
NO! Not sure if that is a good or bad thing really just hoping it is good

I am sitting here with cold hands, I so want to be somewhere tropical! Got blue sky again now, even though it is starting to go dark & it was pouring with rain 15 minutes ago
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Kernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
(QUOTE) HI Please can you advise am too moving to Cairns any advise? good or bad and how do I get hold of Bix need info on areas too thanks in advance
Hi Kernow - Mrs Bix again

Firstly, welcome to the forum - once bitten theres no looking back

How are you? So, you are heading for beautiful Cairns too Its the rainy season at the mo but still good temps, need the rain this time of the year as so dry other times.

Bix has not long put up a thread regarding areas in Cairns, so if you put 'Cairns' in search, you shld find a lot of info there ok?

Where in Kernow are you from then? We are originally from St. Austell and St. Dennis.

We absolutely (as I've said many times b4) love Cairns It was def the right move for all of us (me, Bix and two sons now 21 and 19) Our lives have changed so much for the better. Work is the same wherever you are, but other aspects of our lifes makes up for that. The back drop of the beautiful lush green rain forest alone is breath taking and we never tire of seeing it everyday! Life has been really good since being here although its had its ups and downs as normal.

For me, but not the men in my life, missing my family and friends in the UK has probably been the hardest thing to comes to terms with since emigrating 3+ yrs ago, we were so close and there for each other no matter what, that is something I have not got here.

But, life is short and needs to be grabbed with both hands , so no regrets in this camp matey

PM us if you need any advice, we will help as best we can.

Take care and good luck
Gill[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Kernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the roughKernow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kernow
Hi Kernow - Mrs Bix again

Firstly, welcome to the forum - once bitten theres no looking back

How are you? So, you are heading for beautiful Cairns too Its the rainy season at the mo but still good temps, need the rain this time of the year as so dry other times.

Bix has not long put up a thread regarding areas in Cairns, so if you put 'Cairns' in search, you shld find a lot of info there ok?

Where in Kernow are you from then? We are originally from St. Austell and St. Dennis.

We absolutely (as I've said many times b4) love Cairns It was def the right move for all of us (me, Bix and two sons now 21 and 19) Our lives have changed so much for the better. Work is the same wherever you are, but other aspects of our lifes makes up for that. The back drop of the beautiful lush green rain forest alone is breath taking and we never tire of seeing it everyday! Life has been really good since being here although its had its ups and downs as normal.

For me, but not the men in my life, missing my family and friends in the UK has probably been the hardest thing to comes to terms with since emigrating 3+ yrs ago, we were so close and there for each other no matter what, that is something I have not got here.

But, life is short and needs to be grabbed with both hands , so no regrets in this camp matey

PM us if you need any advice, we will help as best we can.

Take care and good luck
Gill
[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

[/QUOTE] WeLL THANKS for that I will look for bix thread if I can suss this all out:

Falmouth is our hometown though now on Gold coast coming up .. defo keep in contact
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

brucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nice

We are considering Cairns or Brisbane.

Dont want to be caught up in a faster pace of life of Brisbane and the traffic jams every day. But by the same token dont want to move to Cairns and find the pace of life is too quiet and is too isolated.

We come from Dundee with a similar sized population as Cairns. Just not sutre if its too isolated from the rest of OZ. Would like a reasonably laid back life, but with enough things to do for everyone at the weekend. Leaning toward Cairns, but something says Brisbane...........:curse:
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

WeLL THANKS for that I will look for bix thread if I can suss this all out:

Falmouth is our hometown though now on Gold coast coming up .. defo keep in contact[/QUOTE]

No worris

Falmouth, nice part of the county Have fun in GC - might cya soon then eh

Take care
G
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
People of Cairns be afraid be very afraid.....I have my visa Have just been told this morning.

Get ready the geordies are coming

Kaye x

Congrats Kaye, so exciting! Thats a relief eh, big weight off your shoulders!

How long till you head this way?

G
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by snappy
My neighbour had a nice 5 metre one at the back of her place the other week The latest at ours is a couple of baby feral pigs (never spotted these here before now), several bandicoots, various cassowaries, wallabies galore, the odd curlew including our Christmas day chicks, lorikeets, and other exotic birds and the list goes on it's like living at our own personal zoo.

Hi Snappy - good to see you on here again

Well, you do live right on the edge of a forest girl Bix told me hse is moving along nicely now and has changed a lot since we last saw it - I bet it has! Cant wait to see Mission Beach again - love it there, ideal place for a chill out holiday lol!

Take care Sasha
Gill
x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill,
Keep meaning to ask where in Cornwall you lived? My parents lived down there in Looe for ages and I was gutted when they moved to Dorset! I absolutely loved the area...weather mad here in Manchester..snowing one minute then sun out the next..wierd!
Lizx[/QUOTE]

Hi Liz
I was born and lived in St Austell all my life, Bix born and lived in St Dennis till he met his lovely wife Then we lived in St Austell till emigrating to Cairns. We did not travel out of Cornwall very much, did not drive then so very limited. Only ever flown once b4 heading to Australia, and that was to Jersey for our Honeymoon back in 1980

Fancy that Liz, your parents living in Looe, nice part of Cornwall, different from where we lived, an over conjested broken down town in dire need of a massive face lift!!

Take care
CYA soon
Gill
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:39 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
Hi Snappy - good to see you on here again

Well, you do live right on the edge of a forest girl Bix told me hse is moving along nicely now and has changed a lot since we last saw it - I bet it has! Cant wait to see Mission Beach again - love it there, ideal place for a chill out holiday lol!

Take care Sasha
Gill
x
I so have to give you a call to catch up with you both, just haven't had a chance. I don't know what Bix is on about as very little has been done since you came here last we're too busy paying the bills owing before we can carry on for a minute...plus Roy has started out on a new business venture - nothing like pushing ourselves to the limit!

It is very very wet here at the moment but still the temp is really nice and the girls have loved playing around in the rain. Our pool is quite full after only two solid nights of rain so it is nice to see what it will eventually look like

Speak to you soon Gill
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

sophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant futuresophjam has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wardy2
People of Cairns be afraid be very afraid.....I have my visa Have just been told this morning.

Get ready the geordies are coming

Kaye x
Well done Kaye with the visa looking forward to meeting you when you arrive if I ever get away from work that is. I feel like I live there at the moment.
xx Trudi
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Somethings wrong.

The rain has stopped.

The frogs are so quiet I can hear the children arguing...

WW
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:47 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sophjam
Well done Kaye with the visa looking forward to meeting you when you arrive if I ever get away from work that is. I feel like I live there at the moment.
xx Trudi
Hi Trudi, how do you like the job? hospital? Cairns etc?
We need an update!
x
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:51 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Somethings wrong.

The rain has stopped.

The frogs are so quiet I can hear the children arguing...

WW
Still chucking it down in Redlynch and if the roads get blocked I get paid a 'flood day!' if I can't get to work

Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:59 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngy73
you really should consider cairns. no better place on earth and thats why we call it home.
well my recent dabble with the uppers is over and i am now facing the cold sober realities of life. with recent interest rate rises and the rain and several large developers in cairns pulling the plug these are uncertain times. Hedley group has put a stop to a couple of major projects and cec group is suspending its housing operation. 10 houses a week to zero. overnight. how this will will all unfold is anyones guess. but the fact that we get 90% of our work from these two groups cannot be good. i think i need another script.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.