Wikiposts

7 weeks in Mandurah

Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice
Default Re: 7 weeks in Mandurah

Originally Posted by kazozz
hi
was just wondering what is it you had been told about halls head high school?? could you elabarate. My boys are 12 so may be going there. we move to Halls Head in 4 weeks!!
karen
Hello

Why is it when you want to do something beter with your life, the world and his wife try to put you off it! most of the comments that have been fired at us for wanting to do this I have managed to knock down (due to doing proper research before I even told anyone) but one thing I cant.

Some people are saying that we wont be able to BUY a house out there for at least 2yrs! Is this right?? Are we going to have to stay in rented? I was sure we didnt but thought I'd better check with you god people first before I retaliate to the masses that seem intent on ruining our dream.

I'd love to keep in contact with all of you in the mandurah, Meadow Springs, lakelands, Halls Head and Secret harbour areas (if any other round there that I've missed out pls forgive me, you are includued too,lol) so pls add me to MSN. PM me for my addy.

Sunshine here we come!

Jo x
Old Sep 13th 2008, 9:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy a house as soon as you like if you're a PR. If you're on a Temp visa there are different regulations but none of them include waiting two years as far as I'm aware.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:53 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the_nanny_uk2
Hello

Why is it when you want to do something beter with your life, the world and his wife try to put you off it! most of the comments that have been fired at us for wanting to do this I have managed to knock down (due to doing proper research before I even told anyone) but one thing I cant.

Some people are saying that we wont be able to BUY a house out there for at least 2yrs! Is this right?? Are we going to have to stay in rented? I was sure we didnt but thought I'd better check with you god people first before I retaliate to the masses that seem intent on ruining our dream.

I'd love to keep in contact with all of you in the mandurah, Meadow Springs, lakelands, Halls Head and Secret harbour areas (if any other round there that I've missed out pls forgive me, you are includued too,lol) so pls add me to MSN. PM me for my addy.

Sunshine here we come!

Jo x
We bought a house within 10 days of landing here on PR so there's no 2-year wait.
Old Sep 14th 2008, 12:31 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by the_nanny_uk2
Hello

Sunshine here we come!

Jo x
Hi Jo,

We're on PR visa and we're in the middle of buying a land/house package on Lakelands now, and we've only been here for 6 and a half months, so don't know where the 2 year thing came from. Like you, we did our research before we came out. We are buying through Keystart, which means the gov buy into 40% of the property until such a time when you can afford to buy it back, providing you're 1st time buyers in Oz, and obviously, you will be. You also have to have a combined income of less than $80,000. Hope this helps.

Michelle
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chelle66
Hi Jo,

We're on PR visa and we're in the middle of buying a land/house package on Lakelands now, and we've only been here for 6 and a half months, so don't know where the 2 year thing came from. Like you, we did our research before we came out. We are buying through Keystart, which means the gov buy into 40% of the property until such a time when you can afford to buy it back, providing you're 1st time buyers in Oz, and obviously, you will be. You also have to have a combined income of less than $80,000. Hope this helps.

Michelle

hello michelle my name is michelle as well , we arrived in warnbro 5 days ago, we are looking at renting for 6 months or so on halls head, to be honest i am struggling at the moment, the wrench from my parents and brother was alot worse than i had imagined, had a bad flight couldnt rest had jumpy legs the whole way so it has taken me a few days to get over the jetlag,
but hopefully things will be alot better from now.
my eldest daughter is 16 next month and she is going to mandurah senior my youngest is 11 and she is going to start halls head south in 2 weeks time , it is a lovely new school not to many children there yet, anyway must go when we move to mandurah it would be lovely to speak to you, we have no family out here so all the help yoiu could give us would be much appreciated
thanks
michelle
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:04 am
kazozz

kazozz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shellynelly
hello michelle my name is michelle as well , we arrived in warnbro 5 days ago, we are looking at renting for 6 months or so on halls head, to be honest i am struggling at the moment, the wrench from my parents and brother was alot worse than i had imagined, had a bad flight couldnt rest had jumpy legs the whole way so it has taken me a few days to get over the jetlag,
my eldest daughter is 16 next month and she is going to mandurah senior my youngest is 11 and she is going to start halls head south in 2 weeks time , it is a lovely new school not to many children there yet, anyway must go when we move to mandurah it would be lovely to speak to you, we have no family out here so all the help yoiu could give us would be much appreciated
thanks
michelle
hi shellynelly sorry to hear you are finding it a struggle. try to stay positive,
we arrive in halls head 17 oct not long now. we have no family support either so will be looking for lots of new friends. we have 2 boys age 12 noticed you had one on similar age. we have been looking at glencoe school. keep your pecker up!!
take care
karen
Old Sep 17th 2008, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kazozz
hi shellynelly sorry to hear you are finding it a struggle. try to stay positive,
we arrive in halls head 17 oct not long now. we have no family support either so will be looking for lots of new friends. we have 2 boys age 12 noticed you had one on similar age. we have been looking at glencoe school. keep your pecker up!!
take care
karen
hello karen we are just trying to secure a longer rental in halls head, my daughter is 11 and she is going to halls head south its new, you have to be in the right catchment area we were told we had to go to that school because off where the house we want to rent is but it is a lovely school
hopefully see you soon then
take care
michelle
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:45 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by shellynelly
thanks
michelle
Hi Michelle,

I have sent you a PM.

Michelle
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:36 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jo,

Michelle
Talking of Keystart, did you see on the news yesterday about Keystart, the government are stopping it as they say there is no more money to fund it.

I don't know how it affects existing clients or new clients but they reckon alot of people are going to be affected.

I dont know when it will take effect from either, have you heard anything about it?

Old Sep 18th 2008, 12:23 pm
Chelle66

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Talking of Keystart, did you see on the news yesterday about Keystart, the government are stopping it as they say there is no more money to fund it.

I don't know how it affects existing clients or new clients but they reckon alot of people are going to be affected.

I dont know when it will take effect from either, have you heard anything about it?

I have just been on the website www.keystart.com.au/key/home.htm and it just says it's been suspended due to the budget being fully subscribed and that their in talks with the new gov to see if it will continue. Ours is due to be finalised any day now.

Last edited by Chelle66; Sep 18th 2008 at 12:38 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:32 pm
Chelle66

I have just been on the website www.keystart.com.au/key/home.htm and it just says it's been suspended due to the budget being fully subscribed and that their in talks with the new gov to see if it will continue. Ours is due to be finalised any day now.
Yeh!! It seems coz w already have pre-approval, we are ok. Have to admit I was a bit worried there for a moment.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:02 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh!! It seems coz w already have pre-approval, we are ok. Have to admit I was a bit worried there for a moment.
Alot of people are going to have their plans scuppered and it is a real shame as well.

We talked about Keystart but didnt go with them in the end, they only wanted a 2% deposit.

I wonder if it is just the shared equity scheme that is affected or if it is the low deposit mortgages as well, they didnt say yesterday.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:16 pm
Chelle66

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Alot of people are going to have their plans scuppered and it is a real shame as well.

We talked about Keystart but didnt go with them in the end, they only wanted a 2% deposit.

I wonder if it is just the shared equity scheme that is affected or if it is the low deposit mortgages as well, they didnt say yesterday.
It is a shame for those people. I would've been gutted if it had affected our plans in any way. We have shared equity and a low deposit, so not sure what's happening. I just know that hubby phoned up and was told we're ok 'cause we already have pre approval. From what I understand from the website, I think they've blown the budget.