7 weeks in Mandurah

Old Apr 18th 2008, 5:45 am
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice
Red face 7 weeks in Mandurah

Hi to anybody reading this. As the title suggests, we have been in Mandurah, WA for 7 weeks now, and we still have no furniture. Not too happy about it, but what can you do? Perth customs are obviously in no hurry, however, our backs are starting to feel it. We had to buy new beds so we could at least have a modicum of comfort, especially as hubby is working and 13 year old at school. We were told by our moving agent in the UK that it would be 5 to 6 weeks for container to arrive. They didn't bother to tell us that it could be another 4 weeks plus before we actually got it.
Apart from that, we love Mandurah, but our son seems to be having trouble making friends. He also seems 'afraid' to go out and explore by himself. Any suggestions? I myself, am a little fed up. Like other ex pats, we have no family or friends out here, and it is getting a little lonely. I also need a part time job in sewing. Well that's my 'whinging pom' session off my chest.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 6:40 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: 7 weeks in Mandurah

Originally Posted by Chelle66
Hi to anybody reading this. As the title suggests, we have been in Mandurah, WA for 7 weeks now, and we still have no furniture. Not too happy about it, but what can you do? Perth customs are obviously in no hurry, however, our backs are starting to feel it. We had to buy new beds so we could at least have a modicum of comfort, especially as hubby is working and 13 year old at school. We were told by our moving agent in the UK that it would be 5 to 6 weeks for container to arrive. They didn't bother to tell us that it could be another 4 weeks plus before we actually got it.
Apart from that, we love Mandurah, but our son seems to be having trouble making friends. He also seems 'afraid' to go out and explore by himself. Any suggestions? I myself, am a little fed up. Like other ex pats, we have no family or friends out here, and it is getting a little lonely. I also need a part time job in sewing. Well that's my 'whinging pom' session off my chest.
I would put a thread up in the Barbie forum too, as not everyone reads the update forum. Many will be in the same position as you.
I'm NOR so too far for me to meet up.
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

Hi sorry to hear that you have no container yet but hope that you get it soon as Nu-shooztry posting on the barbie bit and you will get someone ther the same as you there are a lot of us coming over the same and ot will take a bit to get used to as it is a different place to what we are all used to and your son will soon adjust to it and before long you will all have a good circle of friends Ot will be worth it in the end Kate
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:42 am
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice
Talking Re: 7 weeks in Mandurah

Thanks to Noo-Shooz and jimandkate for replying to my thread. It's ood to know that there are others out there in the same boat, so to speak. If there are any families out there, who want to meet up, give us a shout. We've all got to start somewhere, haven't we?
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all

Thanks to Noo-Shooz and jimandkate for replying to my thread. It's ood to know that there are others out there in the same boat, so to speak. If there are any families out there, who want to meet up, give us a shout. We've all got to start somewhere, haven't we?
we will be in mandurah as soon as our house sells here in the uk,we are hoping to be there around september.fingers crossed,c u there !x
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all

we have three sons 17,14 and 10,the 14 year old will find it hard to make friends too as he is a little shy,so we will have to meet up when we get there xxx
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:35 pm
Chelle66

Originally Posted by mrs i
we have three sons 17,14 and 10,the 14 year old will find it hard to make friends too as he is a little shy,so we will have to meet up when we get there xxx
Hi Mrs i. Please keep n touch. It would be great to meet up you when you arrive in Sept. If there's anything you need to know, just ask, and if we can help, we will. Look forward to hearing from you.

Nige, Michelle and Sam.X
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

HI isnt this a great place one big happy family everyone helps each other
Old Apr 18th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

it is isnt it!
that would be great michelle as we all need friends,especially as we are all in in the same boat leaving our friends and family behind in the uk,will keep in touch,x
hazel
Old Apr 19th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Condor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant futureCondor of Bermuda has a brilliant future

Hullo Michelle,

we are Aussies. Lived in Mandurah for 10 years now (ex Perth). We know what you are going thru because we helped our British relatives come out from Birmingham two years ago and settle here in Mandurah. They have a 13 yo son and 9 yo daughter.

What school does your son go to?

Things will get better, happier, more comfortable.

If there's any help I can offer thru this Forum pls ask.

cheers
Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be a meet every Wednesday (during school term) at the Dome cafe on the foreshore. Ohippy organised it but I'm not sure if they still have it as we are back in the UK.
I went to a few meets and I have to say I made some good friends by going to them. Its not something I would normal have done but its a familiar voice that keeps you going.
Keep your chin up, your container will arrive shortly and things will seem so much better.
Lynne
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:36 am
Chelle66

Originally Posted by Condor of Bermuda
Hullo Michelle,

we are Aussies. Lived in Mandurah for 10 years now (ex Perth). We know what you are going thru because we helped our British relatives come out from Birmingham two years ago and settle here in Mandurah. They have a 13 yo son and 9 yo daughter.

What school does your son go to?

Things will get better, happier, more comfortable.

If there's any help I can offer thru this Forum pls ask.

cheers
Hi Condor,

My son goes to Mandurah High. Everyone here is so nice and so helpful. What a great community.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 9:46 am
Chelle66

Originally Posted by mrs i
it is isnt it!
that would be great michelle as we all need friends,especially as we are all in in the same boat leaving our friends and family behind in the uk,will keep in touch,x
hazel
Hi Hazel,

We love Mandurah. We were originally going to live in Bunbury but decided on Mandurah instead. We are currently living in a rental on Meadow Springs and are trying to buy a new house on Lakelands. The countryside, people, beaches and, well, everything around here is brilliant. Hope you sell your house soon and your move over goes smoothly. Mchelle. X
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

thanks michelle,
i cant wait to come to perth,it sounds a lovely place,the gold coast was just as lovely but hubby found it hard to find work that was nearer than 2 hours drive away!and i found it hard because there was hardly any migrants from the uk living near us,yes its nice getting to know the aussies too but personally i find that because migrants from the uk have gone through or are going through the same experiences as i have, i have more in common with them.
People will rip this post because ive said it just about migrants from the uk,so il explain what i mean__i would like to chat to people about remembering saturday swop shop etc.(having the same memories to ponder over in our old age)!!!!!!!!
you know what i mean?
lots of love and take care.
im sure your son will make friends soon.xx
hazel x
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Cumbria-Mandurah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hazel,

We love Mandurah. We were originally going to live in Bunbury but decided on Mandurah instead. We are currently living in a rental on Meadow Springs and are trying to buy a new house on Lakelands. The countryside, people, beaches and, well, everything around here is brilliant. Hope you sell your house soon and your move over goes smoothly. Mchelle. X
Hi Michelle,theres a welcome to Mandurah group meet in the Mandurah bowling club every wednesday at 10am. Its a couple of hundred yards down from train station. We,ve made some good friends there in fact having a girls night out on Sat, all ages.We live in Lakelands been here since last July.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.