Wikiposts

7 weeks in Mandurah

Old May 25th 2008, 2:48 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice
Default Re: 7 weeks in Mandurah

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Great news on your furniture finally arriving.

We too are looking to move to Mandurah (looking at Halls Head, Dawesville or Meadow Springs). We just sent off our 176 visa and have had our meds and police checks done. We were originally looking at Perth, but missed out on 5 points for the 175 visa (OH turned 40 one month before I got around to applying online). So I turned to the WA State Sponsorship and we got approved for their skilled sponsored visa (PR), however, they picked three areas for us one of them being Peel Region. Of course I had not researched this area as we had been intent on going to Perth.

After looking on REIWA and checking out the different websites on Peel, I think it is a blessing in disguise. It looks absolutley lovely. Can't wait to move.

We are going to be moving with our twin daughters who are 14, they are a little apprehensive about the move, but I told them that they would had to make new friends this September as they are about to go into High School anyways.

We don't have to worry about any containers, as we are just taking suitecases with us. It was going to cost over $10,000.00 to ship our furniture and we can't take any electronics with us from Canada. So I figured it would be cheaper to buy new (I like to shop anyways). The only things I am shipping over are personal effects (pictures etc) and I don't really care if they don't come for a few months.

I will have a job waiting for me once I get there, so working full time should keep me busy. OH should hopefully find employment once we get down to Mandurah.

Well I am glad that things are going well. It is a big adjustment for sure. We have no family or friends in Australia and have not even been there for a vist. So it will be a real eyeopening experience for us.

Take care

Karen
Hi Karen, We too have no family here so it is a big move, but well worth it. I think it's quite normal for teenagers to be a little unsure about such a big move. My son is 13 and although we have been here 3 months now, I still think he feels like he's out of his comfort zone. I'm sure he'll get there in the end. We travelled around Qld, NT and NSW 3 years ago, but had never been to WA. Anyway, I think you'll all love it. I hope your move goes well.

Michelle
Old May 25th 2008, 2:52 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Paula in Perth
Hi Chelle
Moved to Perth 6 months ago, been in Mandurah (Halls Head) since March. I'm married with a 10 year old boy. Like you I'm finding it hard to make new friends. Husband working, son at school all day and despite trying to make new friends with mum's at school etc not making much progress!!!! I'm used to having a large group of friends in UK and was always out and about. I think cos I'm not working that's making things more difficult too. Despite, this I am enjoying our new live, especially Mandurah, but like most people I do find it hard missing family and friends in UK. Luckily my son has settled in really well at his new school and has made lots of friends - pity the same thing can't be said about his mum :-)
Anyway, if you feel like meeting up, having a coffee I'd be more than happy to. Its pointless us both being lonely eh??
Paula
Hi Paula, Yeah we could meet up whenever you like. I too, am still not working so do get a little fed up at times. I'll PM you with my numbers so you can get in touch.

Michelle
Old May 25th 2008, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Paula in Perth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chelle66
Hi Paula, Yeah we could meet up whenever you like. I too, am still not working so do get a little fed up at times. I'll PM you with my numbers so you can get in touch.

Michelle
Hi Michelle

That would be great! I'll go and read my PM now and will be in touch soon :-)

Paula
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

Hello, May I sneak in??

We are looking to move out to Meadow Springs or Lakelands area and I was just searching for some friendly people to get to know. If you can pass on any info about the surrounding areas I would be very greatfull to you.

We (me, hubby, Ben 10 & Daniel 4) have been trying to research best areas to live but I dont think Google maps has been updated for ages so very difficult to judge wheres best.

Also been looking at schools in the area and places where I can meet people so I dont feel like an alien on my tod when we get there! lol

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jo x
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:59 pm
Chelle66

Originally Posted by the_nanny_uk2
Hello, May I sneak in??

We are looking to move out to Meadow Springs or Lakelands area and I was just searching for some friendly people to get to know. If you can pass on any info about the surrounding areas I would be very greatfull to you.

We (me, hubby, Ben 10 & Daniel 4) have been trying to research best areas to live but I dont think Google maps has been updated for ages so very difficult to judge wheres best.

Also been looking at schools in the area and places where I can meet people so I dont feel like an alien on my tod when we get there! lol

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jo x
Hi Jo,

We moved over from Accrington in Lancs, so only about half an hour from you. Anyway, Meadow Springs is lovely. We are renting here at the minute, but are having a house built on Lakelands, which is also lovely. There are kangaroos on Lakelands too. It's also very new at the moment whereas Meadow Springs is well and truly established now. There are loads of schools around. My son goes to Mandurah High. It doesn't have a good reputation, but he seems to be doing ok there. I don't know much about the primary schools, but I do believe the private one's are very good. You have to pay for those, but not anywhere near as much as you would in England. We have been here for 6 months now and are loving it. No regrets whatsoever. So, if there's anything else you want to know, just give me a shout. Will be happy to help, if i can.

Michelle
Old Sep 7th 2008, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

Oh coolllllll people from Lancashire!!!

I live just outside Blackpool in Poulton. Blackpool is a dump,lol.

It would be really good to make new friends on here prior to arriving in Mandurah. I looked at the Lakelands area but the google map isnt updated so it's more of a sandpit at the mo,lol. If you have any pics at all Michelle of your area would you mind emailing them to me. PT me and I'll send you my addy. Hope you dont mind. Someone has also said theres a school on the Lakelands estate - whats that like??

Paula - Theres a Gym at Secret Harbour that I intend joining for Pilates. It'll also help to make friends there too. As you say cos your kids arent toddler age anymore it makes it more difficult to meet other mums as we cant go to Toddler groups.

Love to hear form you all.

Jo x
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Jo x[/QUOTE]

You will like Mandurah..
Old Sep 8th 2008, 7:55 pm
kazozz

kazozz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paula in Perth
Hi Chelle
Moved to Perth 6 months ago, been in Mandurah (Halls Head) since March. I'm married with a 10 year old boy. Like you I'm finding it hard to make new friends. Husband working, son at school all day and despite trying to make new friends with mum's at school etc not making much progress!!!! I'm used to having a large group of friends in UK and was always out and about. I think cos I'm not working that's making things more difficult too. Despite, this I am enjoying our new live, especially Mandurah, but like most people I do find it hard missing family and friends in UK. Luckily my son has settled in really well at his new school and has made lots of friends - pity the same thing can't be said about his mum :-)
Anyway, if you feel like meeting up, having a coffee I'd be more than happy to. Its pointless us both being lonely eh??
Paula
hi Paula

Was just reading your post an noticed you are in Halls Head, Can I ask how you finding it there?? We move there (halls head ) Oct 17th i have twin boys age 12, we donot have freinds or familly in Perth either, so would love to make some matees.
karen
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:00 pm
kazozz

Michelle
hi michele

we will be in Mandurah 17 Oct, will defo need to make som new friends, I have twin boys age 12. I have concerns how they will settle, one of them is all excited, the other dosnt want to give up his mates!! personally i think its probably easier for the kids to addapt than the adults!! we cant wait to be there. We nearly went for bunbury too, Australind!! hopefully see you all soon.

karen
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:21 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

I've only skimmed read this as i don't live in Mandurah

BUt PM OHippy...she lives down there and loves it...She is a very friendly person always willing to help if she can

If your looking for new friends i'm sure she'll point you in the right direction (if you know what i mean)
Old Sep 9th 2008, 12:24 pm
Chelle66

Originally Posted by kazozz
hi michele

we will be in Mandurah 17 Oct, will defo need to make som new friends, I have twin boys age 12. I have concerns how they will settle, one of them is all excited, the other dosnt want to give up his mates!! personally i think its probably easier for the kids to addapt than the adults!! we cant wait to be there. We nearly went for bunbury too, Australind!! hopefully see you all soon.

karen
Hi Karen,

We've been here 6 months now and love it. We've made some friends in Safety Bay. Keep in touch and give us a shout when you arrive. Hope all goes well with the move.

Michelle
Old Sep 9th 2008, 7:04 pm
kazozz

Hi Karen,

We've been here 6 months now and love it. We've made some friends in Safety Bay. Keep in touch and give us a shout when you arrive. Hope all goes well with the move.

Michelle
hi michelle

thanks for that will shout up soon! 34 days 2 go!!
see u,
karen
Old Sep 12th 2008, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam
I've only skimmed read this as i don't live in Mandurah

BUt PM OHippy...she lives down there and loves it...She is a very friendly person always willing to help if she can

If your looking for new friends i'm sure she'll point you in the right direction (if you know what i mean)

Ah, thanks Sam

Always available for any help or info on Mandurah. Been here two years now. Feel free to PM as I don't read much these days.

Last edited by ohippy; Sep 12th 2008 at 2:16 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Hi everyone we have been living here in WA in Shoalwater which is near Rockingham since the beginning of May this year, we were looking to move to Mandurah around the Halls Head area but have heard a lot of bad things about the HH High school we have two boys 13, & 15, and are now thinking about Secret Harbour, if anyone wants to meet up feel free to PM me. Im also working in Secret Harbour which my OH works in Mandurah.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:15 pm
kazozz

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
Hi everyone we have been living here in WA in Shoalwater which is near Rockingham since the beginning of May this year, we were looking to move to Mandurah around the Halls Head area but have heard a lot of bad things about the HH High school we have two boys 13, & 15, and are now thinking about Secret Harbour, if anyone wants to meet up feel free to PM me. Im also working in Secret Harbour which my OH works in Mandurah.
hi
was just wondering what is it you had been told about halls head high school?? could you elabarate. My boys are 12 so may be going there. we move to Halls Head in 4 weeks!!
karen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.