Wikiposts

7 weeks in Mandurah

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:32 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice
Default Re: 7 weeks in Mandurah

Originally Posted by Cumbria-Mandurah
Hi Michelle,theres a welcome to Mandurah group meet in the Mandurah bowling club every wednesday at 10am. Its a couple of hundred yards down from train station. We,ve made some good friends there in fact having a girls night out on Sat, all ages.We live in Lakelands been here since last July.
Thanks for that. Will look into it. We are hoping to buy a house in Lakelands. Looks really nice there.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Cumbria-Mandurah is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh, there,s some real bargains going at the moment, prices have dropped so much lately. It,ll be great when the train stop finally gets sorted, and the shops are here! My daughter and son-in-law and 2 year old grandaughter also live here. Are you working yet?
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:49 pm
Chelle66

Chelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really niceChelle66 is just really nice

Yeh, there,s some real bargains going at the moment, prices have dropped so much lately. It,ll be great when the train stop finally gets sorted, and the shops are here! My daughter and son-in-law and 2 year old grandaughter also live here. Are you working yet?
No not yet. Hubby is. He's working in Henderson. We have also been told that the train station might not happen in Lakelands now.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

God i hope it does, thats one of the reasons we bought here! All the real estate company,s have been selling houses here with that as one of the biggest selling points!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:08 pm
Chelle66

God i hope it does, thats one of the reasons we bought here! All the real estate company,s have been selling houses here with that as one of the biggest selling points!
We were told by the guy at the land sales office near the show homes that it may not happen due to the government not wanting to finance the extra train carriages. It probably will happen, just not for a long while yet.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

There was a sewing machinist job advertised in Spotlight on Gordon Road, they make curtains ect. There was also one in the forum at the little sewing place near the under cover parking area.
Which part of England did you come from?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:41 pm
Chelle66

There was a sewing machinist job advertised in Spotlight on Gordon Road, they make curtains ect. There was also one in the forum at the little sewing place near the under cover parking area.
Which part of England did you come from?
Sorry about the late response. Mate called from England and that was that. On the phone over an hour. Anyway, thanks for that about the jobs. We moved over here from Accrington in Lancashire. Used to live close to Accrington Stanley FC, but I was born in Yorkshire and hubby an Essex boy. We moved to Lancashire from Margate in Kent, so we've moved about a bit.
Old Apr 27th 2008, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

mdsl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chelle66
Hi Hazel,

We love Mandurah. We were originally going to live in Bunbury but decided on Mandurah instead. We are currently living in a rental on Meadow Springs and are trying to buy a new house on Lakelands. The countryside, people, beaches and, well, everything around here is brilliant. Hope you sell your house soon and your move over goes smoothly. Mchelle. X
Hi I am new to the forum and have lived in Mandurah for years. I guess I just wanted to say hello and that I hope the furniture get sorted out and your son finds some friends and settles soon.

we are excited to be actually leaving to live in Spain but Mandurah is a very beautiful place
Old Apr 27th 2008, 9:04 pm
Chelle66

Originally Posted by mdsl
Hi I am new to the forum and have lived in Mandurah for years. I guess I just wanted to say hello and that I hope the furniture get sorted out and your son finds some friends and settles soon.

we are excited to be actually leaving to live in Spain but Mandurah is a very beautiful place
Hi and thanks. I hope furniture gets sorted soon, too. Fed up with living out of a suitcase now and having a cardboard box and garden chairs for living room furniture. Good luck with Spain.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:01 pm
Chelle66

Finy, at last! Our gear being delivered on Tuesday and better still, no fumigation, so no extra charges Was so expecting to have to hand over loads of yellow backs
Happy days are here again.........!!!!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:02 pm
Chelle66

Finy, at last! Our gear being delivered on Tuesday and better still, no fumigation, so no extra charges Was so expecting to have to hand over loads of yellow backs
Happy days are here again.........!!!!
That should read 'finally', not finy. And I checked it before I posted it. Der! I think the excitement has gone to me 'ead.
Old May 24th 2008, 1:55 am
Just Joined

lynnmarsh52 has a spectacular aura aboutlynnmarsh52 has a spectacular aura aboutlynnmarsh52 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Chelle66!

We will be moving to Mandurah once we have our house sorted out here in the UK, so hopefully can stay in touch and meet up with you and all the others that you are going to end up making friends with!

I'm glad lot's of you are saying how nice Mandurah is - we have researched quite a few different areas and we always keep deciding on Mandurah.

Glad all your bits and bobs are arriving on Tuesday, you can finally get back to some sort of normality!

Take care - Lynn (38), Marsh (34) and Tate (9) xxx
Old May 25th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

That should read 'finally', not finy. And I checked it before I posted it. Der! I think the excitement has gone to me 'ead.

Great news on your furniture finally arriving.

We too are looking to move to Mandurah (looking at Halls Head, Dawesville or Meadow Springs). We just sent off our 176 visa and have had our meds and police checks done. We were originally looking at Perth, but missed out on 5 points for the 175 visa (OH turned 40 one month before I got around to applying online). So I turned to the WA State Sponsorship and we got approved for their skilled sponsored visa (PR), however, they picked three areas for us one of them being Peel Region. Of course I had not researched this area as we had been intent on going to Perth.

After looking on REIWA and checking out the different websites on Peel, I think it is a blessing in disguise. It looks absolutley lovely. Can't wait to move.

We are going to be moving with our twin daughters who are 14, they are a little apprehensive about the move, but I told them that they would had to make new friends this September as they are about to go into High School anyways.

We don't have to worry about any containers, as we are just taking suitecases with us. It was going to cost over $10,000.00 to ship our furniture and we can't take any electronics with us from Canada. So I figured it would be cheaper to buy new (I like to shop anyways). The only things I am shipping over are personal effects (pictures etc) and I don't really care if they don't come for a few months.

I will have a job waiting for me once I get there, so working full time should keep me busy. OH should hopefully find employment once we get down to Mandurah.

Well I am glad that things are going well. It is a big adjustment for sure. We have no family or friends in Australia and have not even been there for a vist. So it will be a real eyeopening experience for us.

Take care

Karen
Old May 25th 2008, 2:37 pm
Chelle66

Originally Posted by lynnmarsh52
Hi Chelle66!

We will be moving to Mandurah once we have our house sorted out here in the UK, so hopefully can stay in touch and meet up with you and all the others that you are going to end up making friends with!

I'm glad lot's of you are saying how nice Mandurah is - we have researched quite a few different areas and we always keep deciding on Mandurah.

Glad all your bits and bobs are arriving on Tuesday, you can finally get back to some sort of normality!

Take care - Lynn (38), Marsh (34) and Tate (9) xxx
Hi Lynn, We were originally going to go to Bunbury, but ended up in Mandurah. We do love it here. We live on an estate called Meadow Springs and are hoping to buy a house on the Lakelands estate, just up the road. We are about 10 mins from the beach and at night, when it's quiet, we can hear the crashing of the waves. The weather isn't too bad at the moment, although we have been getting a lot of much needed rain lately, but the day temps are still quite warm. Nothing like an English Autumn/Winter. We have made a few ex pat friends in the Safety Bay/ Port Kennedy areas and we get together most weekends. There are regular ex pat meets around here, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding new friends. Give us a shout when you arrive and we'll get together for a coffee or something. Hope all goes well for you with your move.

Michelle
Old May 25th 2008, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Paula in Perth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to anybody reading this. As the title suggests, we have been in Mandurah, WA for 7 weeks now, and we still have no furniture. Not too happy about it, but what can you do? Perth customs are obviously in no hurry, however, our backs are starting to feel it. We had to buy new beds so we could at least have a modicum of comfort, especially as hubby is working and 13 year old at school. We were told by our moving agent in the UK that it would be 5 to 6 weeks for container to arrive. They didn't bother to tell us that it could be another 4 weeks plus before we actually got it.
Apart from that, we love Mandurah, but our son seems to be having trouble making friends. He also seems 'afraid' to go out and explore by himself. Any suggestions? I myself, am a little fed up. Like other ex pats, we have no family or friends out here, and it is getting a little lonely. I also need a part time job in sewing. Well that's my 'whinging pom' session off my chest.
Hi Chelle
Moved to Perth 6 months ago, been in Mandurah (Halls Head) since March. I'm married with a 10 year old boy. Like you I'm finding it hard to make new friends. Husband working, son at school all day and despite trying to make new friends with mum's at school etc not making much progress!!!! I'm used to having a large group of friends in UK and was always out and about. I think cos I'm not working that's making things more difficult too. Despite, this I am enjoying our new live, especially Mandurah, but like most people I do find it hard missing family and friends in UK. Luckily my son has settled in really well at his new school and has made lots of friends - pity the same thing can't be said about his mum :-)
Anyway, if you feel like meeting up, having a coffee I'd be more than happy to. Its pointless us both being lonely eh??
Paula

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.