Wages for Truckers

Old Aug 20th 2011, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

i have a friend who was a driver trainer (incab) with Yanke and the tails he told me about the quality ukrainian, and other eastern european drivers ,,,
He stopped the training side of things and went back onto single driving after he chucked one of them out of the cab at n battleford after he went round the corner ,east bound onto the bridge at full chat on 5 wheels,claimed he didnt see the speed signs .duh
That was mild compaired to things he told me ,,,,i wont repeat anymore in case bigbrother is reading and he gets into trouble..

anyway would you report a driver(different company)to his dispatch? after having a row on the cb about something stupid......well a win-mar driver did this to another friend last wk....,the outcome ...my good friend ,who drives for wpegs largest hauler was pulled in and warned about his atitude to others !!!!,....he took the cb out and left it in the shop...bloody canadians Eh...lol..
Old Aug 21st 2011, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Had the "pleasure" of working with a few Ukraine drivers myself,if ever I picked a loaded trailer from them,the first thing I'd do was break the seal to check the load,and more often than not that's as far as I took the trailer.
Only met half a dozen or so ,but the damage they caused was incredible,anybody employing them needs a fat wallet !!!
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by areksm7
they recruit in Ireland and UK because they know about problem with languages. so people like me are hired because i speak and writing in English
If You hire some stupid man thats Your problem, and contract for me is the same like for other, Canadian or UK drivers
they dont want people like You because You are lazy, that is problem with UK drivers, but not evry UK driver because i know Uk people which are very hard workers and good people,
You are just moran
I live in Canada now for almost 4 years and run the trucking company, at least get 1 fact right...
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesmc
i have a friend who was a driver trainer (incab) with Yanke and the tails he told me about the quality ukrainian, and other eastern european drivers ,,,
He stopped the training side of things and went back onto single driving after he chucked one of them out of the cab at n battleford after he went round the corner ,east bound onto the bridge at full chat on 5 wheels,claimed he didnt see the speed signs .duh
That was mild compaired to things he told me ,,,,i wont repeat anymore in case bigbrother is reading and he gets into trouble..

anyway would you report a driver(different company)to his dispatch? after having a row on the cb about something stupid......well a win-mar driver did this to another friend last wk....,the outcome ...my good friend ,who drives for wpegs largest hauler was pulled in and warned about his atitude to others !!!!,....he took the cb out and left it in the shop...bloody canadians Eh...lol..

Depends on what was said or done, I reported a driver once for his crazy driving antics, almost whipped me and others of the road. He deserved to be reported.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 11:54 am
Just Joined

gearjammer01 is an unknown quantity at this point

[this is only an effort to reach Karla03 been reading her posts and would like to know where she and her family are now. I am thinking of returning to Canada now, and looking for info on the maritime provinces fancy nova scotia, any advic eanyone.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

hey is that simon, its wee henry,hows things mate been on here all day, looking at going out to NS or NB maybe, doesnt seem to be much in SK at the moment. hating it over here at the moment, for those reading, I read something today that everyone who is thinking of going to Canada should think about before they get there, why do you want to leave the UK, from my personal experience and I cant keep my mouth shut if something has to be said then I will say it(not always a good thing to do,I got put on a PIP because of it.) just remember why you want a change. If I can I will return to Canada and never return to the UK again,other than a visit to family,but guys please try not to keep making comparisons on everything,it really doesnt help at all. I would like to say for the record,I met a lot of really great people both Canadian and other nationalities as well, and the odd ------
but in all mostly good people. I will return.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gearjammer01
[this is only an effort to reach Karla03 been reading her posts and would like to know where she and her family are now. I am thinking of returning to Canada now, and looking for info on the maritime provinces fancy nova scotia, any advic eanyone.
As far as I know Karla and family never left the UK, lot of talk back in the day but no action as far as I can remember.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

hey is that simon, its wee henry,hows things mate been on here all day, looking at going out to NS or NB maybe, doesnt seem to be much in SK at the moment. hating it over here at the moment, for those reading, I read something today that everyone who is thinking of going to Canada should think about before they get there, why do you want to leave the UK, from my personal experience and I cant keep my mouth shut if something has to be said then I will say it(not always a good thing to do,I got put on a PIP because of it.) just remember why you want a change. If I can I will return to Canada and never return to the UK again,other than a visit to family,but guys please try not to keep making comparisons on everything,it really doesnt help at all. I would like to say for the record,I met a lot of really great people both Canadian and other nationalities as well, and the odd ------
but in all mostly good people. I will return.
Simon
So what was that life changing thing you read
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Hi gremmie, sorry I was trying to reply to flat to the mat I thought it was simon discombe, sorry if I am wrong. I have been reading these all day as I said, and there seems to be a lot of doom and gloom, but we all have one thing in common and that as far as I am concerned is to find a better way of life,lets face it if you are an experienced class one driver here in the uk then at some point you have had at least half decent wages, but for a lot of us me especially there is something missing. I worked with Prudhomme trucks out of Regina 2006-2007 but had to return to the UK, I had many problems in the begining but finally got through them.I personally earned good money in fact was the top earner a few times, but I lived almost entirley in the truck and covered toronto to vancouver Island,regularly and everywhere in between. iy is a pity they are not there anymore,but like somone said earlier they were a stepping stone. but to anyone thinking about the move dont give in easy.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi gremmie, sorry I was trying to reply to flat to the mat I thought it was simon discombe, sorry if I am wrong. I have been reading these all day as I said, and there seems to be a lot of doom and gloom, but we all have one thing in common and that as far as I am concerned is to find a better way of life,lets face it if you are an experienced class one driver here in the uk then at some point you have had at least half decent wages, but for a lot of us me especially there is something missing. I worked with Prudhomme trucks out of Regina 2006-2007 but had to return to the UK, I had many problems in the begining but finally got through them.I personally earned good money in fact was the top earner a few times, but I lived almost entirley in the truck and covered toronto to vancouver Island,regularly and everywhere in between. iy is a pity they are not there anymore,but like somone said earlier they were a stepping stone. but to anyone thinking about the move dont give in easy.
Yes Flat to the mat is an ex Prude driver
Old Aug 24th 2011, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

but I lived almost entirley in the truck
Please explain how the above statement equates with having a better life?!!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2011, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Please explain how the above statement equates with having a better life?!!!!!
Miss quoting again BT, he said that all of us that come on here reading about coming to Canada are looking for a way to having a beter way of life. Except of course you who will do his damdest to put people off with his miss information and 3rd hand gossip from twisted facts.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 8:06 am
Just Joined

it is quite simple guys, we all looked at Canada as been a change of what we have over here,for whatever reason,do you agree, but we still made the move I think there should be more info available on all aspects,we each meet new challenges differently, and I am sure you will all agree that hind sight is twenty twenty vision, I know I suffered from the cultural differences quite badly and I had to adjust to the way things are in Canada, when I accepted the changes without trying to change them, I got on quite well until I had to return to the UK, despite the difficulties I am now looking at returning. basically what I mean is if someone is going to go then after collecting as much info as possible,they still have to be flexible in their approach and try hard to make it work. it seems to me that gremmie and BT just like to sit on here and pick out fault with evryone elses posts. instead of trying to help. come on guys people are looking for your advice not criticism,from experienced guys.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

shelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to beholdshelly1 is a splendid one to behold

Gosh when did this thread start again? good morning to everyone on here
it must be 3 years or more since i last posted or read any posts, got the day off work and just fell onto the site so to speak, hope all is well with you all nice to see people are still in discussion about the same things, it just shows life and the same worries will never change. Take care everybody
shells xx
Old Aug 25th 2011, 10:12 am
Just Joined

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.