Wages for Truckers

Old May 31st 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

Hi all.
My interview went well and wife behaved admirably under the circumstances.
Got a positive feedback from Chris the UK driver and from Jenni Webb in the interview and said she would be recommending me for a position with Yanke fingers crossed.
Met Pete and Andrea there and had a chin wag and a fag but didnt think much to his ears thou.
Have to say i was impressed with it all and the wages they quote were realistic and this was backed up by Chris the driver who has worked for them for 2 and half years and that put my mind at rest. They give a good realistic goals to reach your destinations on time and have other bonuses which are attainable. All expenses paid by them while training, all in all a good day for us.

Many thanks LOAFY and FLOSS.
Old May 31st 2007, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

glp17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi loafy,

Glad all went well with the interveiw, i have to agree with you, i thought the presentation from chris was extremely informative and seemed to be genuine.
In fact, i couldnt beleive what i was hearing some of the time, I can't imagine any company i've ever worked for telling me to have dinner on them ( not with their knowledge anyway ) on my birthday.

What timescale did jenn give you for starting training?
Old May 31st 2007, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Sorry to post twice in a row everyone, but i had to tell everyone, Just had a phonecall from jennifer webb ref the interveiw yesterday and oooooooohhhhh
yessss,
I got the job offer so we are off to canada. As the song says "things can only get better"

The Land of The Moose here we come.
Old May 31st 2007, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by glp17
Sorry to post twice in a row everyone, but i had to tell everyone, Just had a phonecall from jennifer webb ref the interveiw yesterday and oooooooohhhhh
yessss,
I got the job offer so we are off to canada. As the song says "things can only get better"

The Land of The Moose here we come.
Ah kewl well done mate,
If all goes well i should be out in July find out soon enough i guess, when you going out as there is three lots of time scale to go over there.
Yeah it does make you wonder about things here with what there saying with the recognition that they get for long service and birthdays and so on.
Well done and all the best.

LOAFY...
Old Jun 1st 2007, 4:45 am
Just Joined

Hi loafy'

We're aimimg for july, but obviousley that all depends on the wp, when i spoke to jenn last night she said that they're looking at the second week in july. Looks like we could be going out the same time.
Is jenny going to ring you and let you know, ( although if she's recomending you , you've got it anyway) if she is it will prob be late as well, she rang me around 10.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

I am so happy for you guys. I really hope it works out well, July is just around the corner so not long too go! March seems along time off for us but at least it gives me time to sort shipping, selling the house etc etc.

All The Best and Please Keep In Touch

Karla x x x x x x
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:50 am
Just Joined

mark24v is an unknown quantity at this point

HI just found this site read all the threads and i have to there has been a lot of bull written. Yes the move to Canada is not for everyone there is pros and cons for every company over here ,I work for Kindersley and find them really good i have been here for 16 months yes you may get a older truck when you first get here but you go and ask is there any newer trucks on the truck list, i had a 8 year old when for 10 mths i ask for a change and got a newer one then in march i was given a new truck its great. I must stress i asked not gone in shouting and balling my head off like some have done. I have found the staff at Kindersley very helpful and my wife and 2 children and i are enjoying life here in Martenville Saskatoon. On the truck front you get given the old truck in England at most firms so no change there then. On Westcan i have only been told bad things from drivers who have left and started at Seimens group,Last year 15 drivers in month left due to poor wages.Maybe they have or trying to make things better now only time tell. Anyway bye for now Mark
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mark24v
HI just found this site read all the threads and i have to there has been a lot of bull written. Yes the move to Canada is not for everyone there is pros and cons for every company over here ,I work for Kindersley and find them really good i have been here for 16 months yes you may get a older truck when you first get here but you go and ask is there any newer trucks on the truck list, i had a 8 year old when for 10 mths i ask for a change and got a newer one then in march i was given a new truck its great. I must stress i asked not gone in shouting and balling my head off like some have done. I have found the staff at Kindersley very helpful and my wife and 2 children and i are enjoying life here in Martenville Saskatoon. On the truck front you get given the old truck in England at most firms so no change there then. On Westcan i have only been told bad things from drivers who have left and started at Seimens group,Last year 15 drivers in month left due to poor wages.Maybe they have or trying to make things better now only time tell. Anyway bye for now Mark
so would wescan be one to avoid then. i seemed to think acccording to what people on hear have said siemens and yanke are ones to avoid. not many good reviews from them. even though a couple of guys got job offers yesterday. congratulations on that we cant afford like most cant. to move all the family there only to find out my hubby dosent get the miles. got to agree about the trucks, my husband sometimes get some right pieces of crap to drive. any advice very much appreciated
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=ejbsom;4859204]so would wescan be one to avoid then. i seemed to think acccording to what people on hear have said siemens and yanke are ones to avoid. not many good reviews from them. even though a couple of guys got job offers yesterday. congratulations on that we cant afford like most cant. to move all the family there only to find out my hubby dosent get the miles. got to agree about the trucks, my husband sometimes get some right pieces of crap to drive. any advice very much appreciated[/QUOTE

Everyone is different and what might be right for you might not be right for someone else. My advice is to try all the companies you are interested in and see what the outcome is. We found that going to Canada and meeting all the companies and staff really helpful.

Like I have said before, I have 3 very young children and I would not move half way around the world without doing my homework. If it was just me and my husband then I'd be there asap but we are taking it slow as we have too much to lose.

Good Luck to all and PLEASE do not let this website put you off!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

On Westcan i have only been told bad things from drivers who have left and started at Seimens group Last year 15 drivers in month left due to poor wages
Was talking to a Westcan driver a few weeks ago and he was earning $2000 a fortnight which is a about £470 a week .

Don't know about anybody else but I could live on that quite easily
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Was talking to a Westcan driver a few weeks ago and he was earning $2000 a fortnight which is a about £470 a week .

Don't know about anybody else but I could live on that quite easily

$1,000/week, $700 after tax, is an amount a single person could live on quite easily, especially on the prairies. However, it's not a great wage for a family.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
$1,000/week, $700 after tax, is an amount a single person could live on quite easily, especially on the prairies. However, it's not a great wage for a family.
Pretty sure that was after tax
Old Jun 1st 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ejbsom
so would wescan be one to avoid then. i seemed to think acccording to what people on hear have said siemens and yanke are ones to avoid. not many good reviews from them. even though a couple of guys got job offers yesterday. congratulations on that we cant afford like most cant. to move all the family there only to find out my hubby dosent get the miles. got to agree about the trucks, my husband sometimes get some right pieces of crap to drive. any advice very much appreciated
Hi ejb,
I think may be you should read all these threads again on here as no one actually slagged any firm off to an extent that they shouldnt go there. What everyone is saying and repeating is that it might not be good for everyone at such and such a firm. I for one have spoken to three Yanke drivers who have been there for more than three years and one bloke via email for kindersleys and they cant get enough of the job and there families have all settled well.
Like karla has said and in the past posts i wouldnt rely on this web site totally its only here for help and guidance and you can never be sure of the content that is written.
Its not going to be a bed of roses and there will be the days were you say what the hell am i doing here and what for, but you can only make it what you want it to be unless of course you do fall unlucky which has happened in the past This could happen to any of us its a big risk but if your thinking of doing it anyway you have to think how it will be if you have to come back and can you get your life back to how it was when you left, im sure most people will say yes they could given time and thats what you need to give Canada and the firm that your hubby is going out for.
Keep an open mind, im sure you know what your doing and i dont mean to preach but do your research it will pay dividends in the long run, i have met some great people thru this site and other info given which has put me in touch with others, keep at it you have to for a better life for all of you cuz this place is going to the dogs and will be taxed to hell in the future, and with all the EU gates opening up it can only get worse.
Many thanks and best of luck job hunting.
LOAFY...
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glp17
Hi loafy'

We're aimimg for july, but obviousley that all depends on the wp, when i spoke to jenn last night she said that they're looking at the second week in july. Looks like we could be going out the same time.
Is jenny going to ring you and let you know, ( although if she's recomending you , you've got it anyway) if she is it will prob be late as well, she rang me around 10.
Hi glp17,
Yeah im aiming for July but that depends on the WP coming back sharp like you said , Jenni said they were quick to return them mostly. She did say that she would ring and let me know before they went back by mail and on the phone so will be on edge tonight and off my head if she dosent ring. I have to admit that this is the second interview i have been to, but with another firm and didnt go out because i had second thoughts about them when they changed the goal posts just two weeks before we were due to go out, in the end i told them to basically F off and guess what they sent me an email not so long back asking if i was still interested, yeah right.
That said i can honestly say i have no doubt in what i have been told by Yanke and the way they conducted themselves on the day, they gave my wife Clair more of an interview than me which was good i think as their thinking of there welfare as well as ours (happy wife = happy PTO).
Not sure how Pete got on have not heard from him thou he was going to his sisters in Harrogate so he would of got there late will ring him in a bit to find out.
Brilliant stuff and all and maybe see you out there.
LOAFY...
Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karla03
I am so happy for you guys. I really hope it works out well, July is just around the corner so not long too go! March seems along time off for us but at least it gives me time to sort shipping, selling the house etc etc.

All The Best and Please Keep In Touch

Karla x x x x x x
Hi Karla,
Yeah sure is close but i am ready and have been for along time for this to happen.
You got to do alot between now and March and it will be here before you know it and guess what you still wont be ready there is always something you forgot,mmmm wheres the cat love OMG LOL.
I will be taking my laptop dancer er i mean puter with me so will be on here and will try to post reguarly on here to let the undecided among us to get on with it and stop moaning HE HE.
Anyway thanks and all the best to you and yours.
LOAFY...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.