Wages for Truckers

Old Jun 1st 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

Christ i got RSI from all this posting
LOAFY...
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

silentwispers is an unknown quantity at this point

hi loafy and all
i am at my sisters in harrogate and n
fly back to germany sunday, so thing is i carnt recive no tell call till then
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

chris12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Wages for Truckers

Hi Karla.
A big thank you for my stuff from Yanke. It will help alot. Can't wait till sunday now but i'm shitting myself . will let you all know what happens. xxx
thanks again.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:30 am
Just Joined

exyanke is an unknown quantity at this point

For all you UK drivers coming over to work for Yanke, Let me tell you that they are not all they seem to be, as I have worked for Yanke for two years.
They will take anybody that can walk, then when you get into Canada they treat you like shit I know I have been there, I have been in Canada for 4 years now I am landed and free of Yanke but let me tell you it was very hard 2 years. When the guys are on the road driving Yanke want's nothing to do with their familys that are waiting at home even in the winter when it drops down to -30 the familys get no help from Yanke The Yanke staff that went to the UK I know them all Chris is a good guy and has done the walk like myself but remember he is being paid to tell you what you want to hear, plus they won't take a brit that is not happy back to the UK to sell their company. Ask yourselves why Yanke are back in the UK hiring again, well it is because over half of the brits that came over with me have left due to being treated like shit. The other to memebers of the Yanke hiring staff don't know their head from there ass's. And trust me running team for 12 month's is not fun in the winter over here drivers have been put into hospital, plus should a driver have a crash and is hurt they will not contact the drivers family untill they know that there load is safe, so it could be 12 hours before the family knows anything, I have been there also with Yanke, they really are a bunch of shitbags. And I will tell you all that not even half of you drivers coming over will be here in a year from now. Out of my group I am the only one left in Canada there was 25 in my group. All I am saying is before you all sell up and come over here make sure you know what you are doing. I was lucky as I came over on my own I had no family to care for just myself which made it easy for me. They also pay shit wages which you will find out when you get here it will be diffrent from what they have told you. Also if they had wage slips to show you just how much you can earn as a driver with Yanke, I am telling now they would have been printed up to look that way as when I was there I saw them doing this but was told to keep my mouth shut or I would lose my job. Just be careful guys thats all. Also do you know that you don't get payed for 8 weeks from when you start working with them, you will get about $1100 at the end of your training and that is it for about 8 weeks.

Last edited by exyanke; Jun 2nd 2007 at 4:46 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by exyanke
For all you UK drivers coming over to work for Yanke, Let me tell you that they are not all they seem to be, as I have worked for Yanke for two years.
They will take anybody that can walk, then when you get into Canada they treat you like shit I know I have been there, I have been in Canada for 4 years now I am landed and free of Yanke but let me tell you it was very hard 2 years. When the guys are on the road driving Yanke want's nothing to do with their familys that are waiting at home even in the winter when it drops down to -30 the familys get no help from Yanke The Yanke staff that went to the UK I know them all Chris is a good guy and has done the walk like myself but remember he is being paid to tell you what you want to hear, plus they won't take a brit that is not happy back to the UK to sell their company. Ask yourselves why Yanke are back in the UK hiring again, well it is because over half of the brits that came over with me have left due to being treated like shit. The other to memebers of the Yanke hiring staff don't know their head from there ass's. And trust me running team for 12 month's is not fun in the winter over here drivers have been put into hospital, plus should a driver have a crash and is hurt they will not contact the drivers family untill they know that there load is safe, so it could be 12 hours before the family knows anything, I have been there also with Yanke, they really are a bunch of shitbags. And I will tell you all that not even half of you drivers coming over will be here in a year from now. Out of my group I am the only one left in Canada there was 25 in my group. All I am saying is before you all sell up and come over here make sure you know what you are doing. I was lucky as I came over on my own I had no family to care for just myself which made it easy for me. They also pay shit wages which you will find out when you get here it will be diffrent from what they have told you. Also if they had wage slips to show you just how much you can earn as a driver with Yanke, I am telling now they would have been printed up to look that way as when I was there I saw them doing this but was told to keep my mouth shut or I would lose my job. Just be careful guys thats all. Also do you know that you don't get payed for 8 weeks from when you start working with them, you will get about $1100 at the end of your training and that is it for about 8 weeks.
So tell me then what company should we go for.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:40 am
Just Joined

scaniamad is an unknown quantity at this point

just had a very informative email from h and r trans anybodywants to no more just go to there website and fill in the form
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chris12
So tell me then what company should we go for.
There seems to be a lot of bullshit on this sight at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!
I origanally found this sight by typing in a search for "wages for truck drivers who work at Yanke in Canada" It bought me straight to this Page.
So can anyone tell me how they got to this page other than that? I can only sumise that those looking to work in canada would be looking for it. But all of a sudden we have threads on here from people who work for yanke who have worked for yanke. Why would people like that be on that sight anyway. I'm very sceptical at the moment about all this. If i get this job tomorrow to persue a better way of life (not living). I will be giving up a house i have worked on for the last ten years and subjecting my wife and children to a life of uncertanty and the unknown and giving up a £600 per week job. I honestly don't know what to believe at the moment. Even at the interview i will be thinking is this jenny web good at her job as a sales rep or is what she is saying the truth. I would like to persue the dream of a better way of life but not at the detriment of my marriage and family. Is there any body on this sight that has first hand experience of yanke. Some body who i can call on the phone here or Canada (at my expence) and talk to about Yanke and this interview tomorrow. I know not everyone on here is shallow and believes everything they are told. Conflict conflict conflict. Some one talk to me.:curse:. I don't do BULLSHIT. I will be on line through out today.....

Last edited by chris12; Jun 2nd 2007 at 9:16 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chris12
There seems to be a lot of bullshit on this sight at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!
I origanally found this sight by typing in a search for "wages for truck drivers who work at Yanke in Canada" It bought me straight to this Page.
So can anyone tell me how they got to this page other than that? I can only sumise that those looking to work in canada would be looking for it. But all of a sudden we have threads on here from people who work for yanke who have worked for yanke. Why would people like that be on that sight anyway. I'm very sceptical at the moment about all this. If i get this job tomorrow to persue a better way of life (not living). I will be giving up a house i have worked on for the last ten years and subjecting my wife and children to a life of uncertanty and the unknown and giving up a £600 per week job. I honestly don't know what to believe at the moment. Even at the interview i will be thinking is this jenny web good at her job as a sales rep or is what she is saying the truth. I would like to persue the dream of a better way of life but not at the detriment of my marriage and family. Is there any body on this sight that has first hand experience of yanke. Some body who i can call on the phone here or Canada (at my expence) and talk to about Yanke and this interview tomorrow. I know not everyone on here is shallow and believes everything they are told. Conflict conflict conflict. Some one talk to me.:curse:. I don't do BULLSHIT.
Chris

try this site for a truer picture, not as much whinging and moaning and people trying to put you off.
http://www.onlinetruckers.co.uk/
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Look guys life in Canada is very good the only bad thing is the winter but you learn to deal with it. But Yanke is the better company for a new truck and trailer but that is it. I worked there for TWO YEARS so I know what I am talking about before you come over and sell everything and give up your job make sure you have asked all the right questions: Like will Yanke help your family when you are on the road will there be support. Make sure you come with alot of money as I said after your training you won't get paid for about 8 weeks. When I ran team the most that I ever took home as a wage was around $1600 less 23% tax, some guys would earn more but they would have to run and run hard, and when these guy came back they looked dead on there feet. For some people it works and it seems to be the ones that come with alot of money, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. As for Jen web she has only worked at yanke for about a year she has never driven a truck and never lived on the road and she is told what to say by Scott Johnson. Also you guys need to ask at your interview what their success rate is with UK drivers staying. I know it is about 30% If they tell you more they are not telling you the truth. I KNOW. There was one guy in my group that gave up his home and a good job in the UK to come and work for yanke within 6 months he had used all of his saving, was not making the money he was told he would, and he went back to the UK and had to live with his inlaws as he had no money. so he had to start all over again. So it is up to you all if you want to believe me, But I did work for Yanke. So good luck to you all.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Look guys life in Canada is very good the only bad thing is the winter but you learn to deal with it. But Yanke is the better company for a new truck and trailer but that is it. I worked there for TWO YEARS so I know what I am talking about before you come over and sell everything and give up your job make sure you have asked all the right questions: Like will Yanke help your family when you are on the road will there be support. Make sure you come with alot of money as I said after your training you won't get paid for about 8 weeks. When I ran team the most that I ever took home as a wage was around $1600 less 23% tax, some guys would earn more but they would have to run and run hard, and when these guy came back they looked dead on there feet. For some people it works and it seems to be the ones that come with alot of money, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. As for Jen web she has only worked at yanke for about a year she has never driven a truck and never lived on the road and she is told what to say by Scott Johnson. Also you guys need to ask at your interview what their success rate is with UK drivers staying. I know it is about 30% If they tell you more they are not telling you the truth. I KNOW. There was one guy in my group that gave up his home and a good job in the UK to come and work for yanke within 6 months he had used all of his saving, was not making the money he was told he would, and he went back to the UK and had to live with his inlaws as he had no money. so he had to start all over again. So it is up to you all if you want to believe me, But I did work for Yanke. So good luck to you all.

I fear there is ALOT of "rose tinted specs" being worn by some of the guy's going for the interviews with Yanke.
Have any of you guy's heard of John "Philo" Oxley?
He used to be a UK "freelance" recruiter for Yanke and also had an unofficial letter page in "Truckstop News", you can read all about his "exploits" over on the Canadian drivers forum at onlinetruckers.co.uk
Exyanke,
I would be interested to know who you are working for now in Canada and is it still long haul truck driving?
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

hi I am chris12's wife, I have bn reading all the threads re canada and yanke, I have always bn open minded as this is a huge step for my husband and me, but not forgetting our daughters as well, they are 16 and 18, the eldest is now qualified as a nursery nurse the 16 yr will have to go to college and this is around $5,000 for the first year plus all her equipment to do hair and beauty, we have tried to get as much info as possible on canada and trucking companies and of course each person has an opinion but we still have to consider a move from the uk to canada is a huge step and a big financial one aswell, we have read people have gone to canada with $1,700 how did they live if again stories are true and the wages are not what we have bn told ??? like my husband has said if anyone would like to talk over the phone please leave details and we will call you. I have not heard aswell about any of the wives and what they are doing in canada, I have always worked and will find it hard not to work for 6months if we do come over, so please tell me what do the wives do (except shop). I cannot and will not move to canada and take my family on the other side of the world if I dont think it is right, we the people in the uk can only rely on the companies who we have applied for jobs and the people who have already made the move to be honest with us and not to bulls--t.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Big Truck
I fear there is ALOT of "rose tinted specs" being worn by some of the guy's going for the interviews with Yanke.
Have any of you guy's heard of John "Philo" Oxley?
He used to be a UK "freelance" recruiter for Yanke and also had an unofficial letter page in "Truckstop News", you can read all about his "exploits" over on the Canadian drivers forum at onlinetruckers.co.uk
Exyanke,
I would be interested to know who you are working for now in Canada and is it still long haul truck driving?
big truck; please tell me what you know. My interview is tomorrow. ta
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

I new John Oxley when I was at Yanke but he was very pro-yanke he thought Yanke was the best, so ask yourself,why he left if it was such a good place to work
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

If you leave your phone number I will ring anybody who want's the truth.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

glp17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just when i think that all is well in the world , some bastard puts the doubts back in my mind.:curse:
I've just been offered a job with Yanke and although i don't beleive everything i hear whether it be by this forum or by a driver that is brought over by a company to promote that company, however, there has to be certain aspects of the truth being told somewhere, but where, who, and why is there all of a sudden so much negativity being written by people about Yanke.

I have been driving now for some 25 years and am not some green eyed newspaper delivery boy, who is only interested in 'what motor i drive', i am a a driver and always will be, but i ( like most others ) strive for that illusive ' good company to work for,' yanke might be that company , it might not to be that company, there's only one wat to find out! i realise that you Have to work for your money, put the miles down, Isn't that what working is about? isn't that why there are so many people in uk happy to be scrounging on the dole, because work is hard? but people keep going on about, shit money, not being paid enough miles , not getting enough miles, not being a family orientated company.
All in all I haven't worked for a good company yet! But Hey! hang on a minute, aren't all companies that you've left shit companies and the worst company in the world.
Are these just people who were wearing rose coloured glasses when they went to work for yanke and couldn't hack the long haul or whose family weren't prepared for the time that their partner was away for, or , is yanke the worst company in the world? with 700-800 employees, that have been given the ' one of canadas 50 best managed companies awards again)
I for one don't know. i'm sure that some people will agree and some won't.

I know that Life deals out some bad cards sometimes but, 'if you don't play the game you've no chance of winning'
I for one don't wear 'glasses' rose tinted or not but i know that now again you take a gamble, sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't, but the choice is always YOURS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.