Wages for Truckers

Old May 3rd 2007, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

[QUOTE=Big Truck;4720076]
Originally Posted by karla03
Right, she says her husbands monthly wage was $2700 for last month.

QUOTE]
Surely that is a typo $2700 for a months work, $675/week about £311 !!!!!!!!!
SORRY, it was a typo
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by crazy2005
Ok Guys I've been keeping up with this thread for a while now and have decided to jump in and have my say. I Know the $2700 was a typing error this is for 2 weeks. Big Truck mentioned he hasn't heard anything positive about Yanke so hears my story for anyone who is interested: We immigrated to Saskatchewan 3 years ago with 2 young children, we came over with Yanke when the PNP program was just being tested and everything was new so you can imagine there was some obsticles to over come. At the interview in England we were all told what would be required of the drivers and everyone new that Yanke was only interested in team drivers, this is a decision you have to make and stick with there is no point in saying yes I will work team then come over hear and whine about it then go running back to the UK and say how bad everything was, people who were at the interview with myself and my husband did this and i'm sorry but they were told what to expect did they hear something I didn't???? My husband has been with his same driving partner since he started 3 yrs ago but they have been very lucky as they get on so well together this is most definately not always the case. Big Truck is right in saying that you have got to completely trust the other driver when you are asleep and the winters can be awful so please think about this, saying that it works well for my husband. With Yanke we are making enough money to have a brilliant life out hear and when my husband comes home we have quality time together as a family and get this we have money to go and enjoy ourselves. Our T4 was over $65,000 last year with Yanke so please all of you who like to do maths tell me that I can't survive on that!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't mean to be rude it's just that i'm fed up with Yanke being slamed all the time when it's not all bad so please if you are wanting to follow your dream out here don't take the word of people who have gone back do you research and make up your own mind, I hope this will perhaps change some peoples views on my husbands company after all it was them that gave my family a chance for a better life and we have embraced it with open arms..............................

Hey fantastic post. Sorry but the $2700 a month was a typo .
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by crazy2005
Ok Guys I've been keeping up with this thread for a while now and have decided to jump in and have my say. I Know the $2700 was a typing error this is for 2 weeks. Big Truck mentioned he hasn't heard anything positive about Yanke so hears my story for anyone who is interested: We immigrated to Saskatchewan 3 years ago with 2 young children, we came over with Yanke when the PNP program was just being tested and everything was new so you can imagine there was some obsticles to over come. At the interview in England we were all told what would be required of the drivers and everyone new that Yanke was only interested in team drivers, this is a decision you have to make and stick with there is no point in saying yes I will work team then come over hear and whine about it then go running back to the UK and say how bad everything was, people who were at the interview with myself and my husband did this and i'm sorry but they were told what to expect did they hear something I didn't???? My husband has been with his same driving partner since he started 3 yrs ago but they have been very lucky as they get on so well together this is most definately not always the case. Big Truck is right in saying that you have got to completely trust the other driver when you are asleep and the winters can be awful so please think about this, saying that it works well for my husband. With Yanke we are making enough money to have a brilliant life out hear and when my husband comes home we have quality time together as a family and get this we have money to go and enjoy ourselves. Our T4 was over $65,000 last year with Yanke so please all of you who like to do maths tell me that I can't survive on that!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't mean to be rude it's just that i'm fed up with Yanke being slamed all the time when it's not all bad so please if you are wanting to follow your dream out here don't take the word of people who have gone back do you research and make up your own mind, I hope this will perhaps change some peoples views on my husbands company after all it was them that gave my family a chance for a better life and we have embraced it with open arms..............................
Crazy2005,
thanks very much for your post it enlightened me somewhat!!!!!
It seems to me that Yanke didn't really stress the "team" driving thing enough to potential UK drivers and combined with the fact that very few of us have ever " double manned",this concept would of been quite alien to alot of immigrant drivers in Canada.
Old May 3rd 2007, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Hurray for sanity,
I myself will be going out there for Yanke if everything goes well and look forward to the challenge and the new way of life for me and my family. You have to keep an open mind about this sort of thing and remeber that life is what you make it.
As for the team driving i will have to wait and see as my best friend who i trust with my life is not able to come out until next year so hope to find someone with like minded attitude to me.
Thanks Crazy for your info but i suspected it was for two weeks from the info pack Yanke gave to me.
Anyway i have got my second interview on the 31st of may and hope to god it goes good.
Many thanks to you all

LOAFY
Old May 3rd 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by loafy
Hurray for sanity,
I myself will be going out there for Yanke if everything goes well and look forward to the challenge and the new way of life for me and my family. You have to keep an open mind about this sort of thing and remeber that life is what you make it.
As for the team driving i will have to wait and see as my best friend who i trust with my life is not able to come out until next year so hope to find someone with like minded attitude to me.
Thanks Crazy for your info but i suspected it was for two weeks from the info pack Yanke gave to me.
Anyway i have got my second interview on the 31st of may and hope to god it goes good.
Many thanks to you all

LOAFY
Good Luck on the 31st Loafy. Me and Simon are really looking forward to meeting the Yanke team in Regina. Our interview is in Saskatoon with Sara Snow (who is a right laugh) but we will be taking a visit to Regina to meet Simons home terminal.

Well I'll let you know how the interview goes.

Karla x x x x
Old May 3rd 2007, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

jaydog68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Wages for Truckers

Just wanted to pass on good luck messages to Loafy and Simon/Karla for upcoming interviews ... hope all goes well

We had our research trip in Feb this year to moose jaw and loved it, so it's just selling the house here and we are all off for good!!

P.S. anyone wanna buy a nice house in Cheshire ................. give you a good price ???????????

Good luck all - Jayne
Old May 3rd 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck on the 31st Loafy. Me and Simon are really looking forward to meeting the Yanke team in Regina. Our interview is in Saskatoon with Sara Snow (who is a right laugh) but we will be taking a visit to Regina to meet Simons home terminal.

Karla x x x x
Hi Karla,
Kudos to you Karla for the hard work you put in .
My best wishes to you,Simon and Loafy on the upcoming
interviews in SK. All will be well for you all and come home with job
offers
Yoong
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Karla x x x x
Thanks Karla and Simon and best of luck for your trip there.
I spoke mainly with Jenni Webb but have talked to Sara and she seems a right giggle britches always laughing at something.
I took a look on Google earth at Regina and surrounding area and it looks nice there (clean and tidy ) .
Anyway all the best to you and yours and thanks to everyone for there comments and luck.
Will let you know how how i go in the interview too.
LOAFY
Old May 4th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Yippeeee Sunday is nearly here. The cases are all packed, the passports, tickets and Canadian dollars are in my bag, the kids have plenty of sticker books, mp3 players and pens to keep them busy and what goes and happens - the BLOODY engine on our car goes and DIES. I really hate renault at the minute, so we have a 2002 Renault Scenic sat outside doing diddley squat. It is now worth nothing unless we sell it as parts. AARRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Oh well never mind, I am off to enjoy myself for a week in what is soon to be my new home (I am thinking really positive LOL).

Well I'll let you in on all the gossip when I get back.

Take Care all, Karla and Family x x x x

p.s - Please can I have some Karma

Last edited by karla03; May 4th 2007 at 10:07 am. Reason: unfinished
Old May 4th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yippeeee Sunday is nearly here. The cases are all packed, the passports, tickets and Canadian dollars are in my bag, the kids have plenty of sticker books, mp3 players and pens to keep them busy and what goes and happens - the BLOODY engine on our car goes and DIES. I really hate renault at the minute, so we have a 2002 Renault Scenic sat outside doing diddley squat. It is now worth nothing unless we sell it as parts. AARRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Oh well never mind, I am off to enjoy myself for a week in what is soon to be my new home (I am thinking really positive LOL).

Well I'll let you in on all the gossip when I get back.

Take Care all, Karla and Family x x x x

p.s - Please can I have some Karma
All the best for your trip. I'm sure it will work out very well. You have the right attitude. Good luck with the interviews - keep us all informed!

Joanne

PS Karma sent!
Old May 4th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank You Joanne x x x
Old May 5th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Have a great time and best of luck out there.
All the best.
LOAFY
Old May 5th 2007, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I only just noticed this post (someone put a link on 'onlinetruckers.co.uk') I drive a truck in the USA where the pay system is basically the same, although we get more when you think of a US dollar being woth more than the Canadian dollar. In order to survive you can say goodbye to your hubby for about 28 days out of every 30.
I drove as a company driver for a US company for 4 years and the pay was dismal while working up to 80 hours a week. I then tried being self employed, the conditions were much worse, I never got home.
I am now very lucky, I just started a great job with probably the best company in the USA where my minimum basic wage is over $60k (US)

Jobs like this are few and far between. It's a very big risk you are taking. I know a few drivers who moved to SK for Yanke and other campanies, but later returned to the UK pennyless. .............. Be sure of the facts.
Old May 5th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I only just noticed this post (someone put a link on 'onlinetruckers.co.uk') I drive a truck in the USA where the pay system is basically the same, although we get more when you think of a US dollar being woth more than the Canadian dollar. In order to survive you can say goodbye to your hubby for about 28 days out of every 30.
I drove as a company driver for a US company for 4 years and the pay was dismal while working up to 80 hours a week. I then tried being self employed, the conditions were much worse, I never got home.
I am now very lucky, I just started a great job with probably the best company in the USA where my minimum basic wage is over $60k (US)

Jobs like this are few and far between. It's a very big risk you are taking. I know a few drivers who moved to SK for Yanke and other campanies, but later returned to the UK pennyless. .............. Be sure of the facts.

Thanks very much for your input, I love hearing personal experiences. I will be making sure that I know the facts as I don't think anyone would want to move their family half way around the world and change their life as they know it just on a whim - I know I certainly don't.

My husband and children are the most important thing in my life and I love them dearly, but if we don't try this we will never know. Simon is use to being away, as a six month tour in Bosnia or Kosovo is very comman in the Army.
Old May 6th 2007, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

silentwispers is an unknown quantity at this point

hi it was so good to hear what you were saying about yanke , thinking about going to yanke,to i have a wife and two kids.What i would like to ask is, that your husband is on ca 65,000 a year good wages. but you did not say i many days he takes off between runs or how many days in a month he works, also how does yanke treat you as the family when your husband is on the road, when you get problems and you need help (small or big ). Sara snow from Yanke said we will based in Regina, how is it there, i must think about my wife and kids i must convince them, it would be great to hear from you
email me if you like to . [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.