Temporary Work Permit

Old Mar 5th 2012, 4:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary Work Permit

Not sure why your employers seem to have such an issue with applying for TWP at POE, when that's how 99% of forum members do it without any problems at all. But if they're happy to wait the 10 weeks for you to get it via London, then just do that to keep them quiet - it'll give you more time to get sorted anyway I guess. You might just point out to them that even if you apply via London you don't get your TWP until you get to Canada, you just get a 'pre-approval' type letter and an immigration officer can still refuse you entry, so there's no guarantee of getting in!

Re: proof of funds, it shouldn't be required if you have a job offer, where have you seen that? Here is the info from the CIC website on proof of funds - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...lled/funds.asp

Just for the sake of anybody else reading, you cannot use equity in a property if you do need proof of funds when you come to land in Canada, it can only be used at the initial application stage (and worth noting that the London visa office is the only one in the world to allow equity to be used).

HTH.

Old Mar 5th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

man240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really nice

Oh nice one Chris, thanks for that mate.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

man240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really nice

On the CIC website page "Application to Work in Canada: Work Permits" it shows a document checklist & at the bottom it says "Proof of Funding".

Old Mar 6th 2012, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

My prospective employer is adamant that Sask immigration strongly oppose trying to acquire a work permit at POE. They won't tell me why?

When you get the Letter of Approval from London do you also have to take a copy of the LMO & employment contract to get your work permit or is it just the Letter of Approval?
Old Mar 6th 2012, 10:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man240utd
On the CIC website page "Application to Work in Canada: Work Permits" it shows a document checklist & at the bottom it says "Proof of Funding".

Not applicable in your situation though - that is for things like Working Holiday Visas, where POF is required as they are an open work permit so have no job lined up before going.

I gave you the link above to the CIC website info about POF, which clearly states that they're not required if you have arranged employment, but if you want to read more in depth info about what is required when you apply then have a look at this - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...w/fw01-eng.pdf

If you're in any doubt then just send/take POF, all you'd need is a bank statement, but it shouldn't be required as per the links given to you.

And re: your other question, yes you still need to take your job offer letter and LMO to POE when you arrive in Canada.

HTH.

Old Mar 6th 2012, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Nice one Chris, I didn't see that bit on the first link you sent me but have seen it now. That puts my mind at rest. Also so if my application is returned for any reason I can still get my TWP @ POE if necessary.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Chris,

do you know if i need to send copies of documents such as Criminal Record Check, & if so copies or originals?
Old Mar 6th 2012, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

If I am going out to Canada on my own & my wife and family are folling in a few months, does my wife have to go through CIC in London or is there another way for her and the kids to get in to Canada?