Temporary Work Permit

Old Feb 27th 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

man240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really nice
Default Temporary Work Permit

If I have a copy of my employment contract & LMO, do I need to apply to the Canadian consulate for my TWP?

Thanks.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 4:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary Work Permit

Originally Posted by man240utd
If I have a copy of my employment contract & LMO, do I need to apply to the Canadian consulate for my TWP?

Thanks.
Nope. Assuming you are a UK citizen and don't need a medical, you can apply at the airport when you arrive.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_:_...o_apply-Canada

HTH.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

man240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really nice

Thanks Chris,

Is that under some kind of exemption for being a UK resident?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 12:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Chris,

Is that under some kind of exemption for being a UK resident?
No, anybody that is from a country that doesn't require a TRV can do so.

Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

When did they stop doing it where you had to send an application to the Canadian Embassy in the UK and started doing it this way?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

we picked ours up at Pearson airport when we arrived 4yrs past
jimmy
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Oh right, and you didn't have to send an application to the canadian embassy in london?
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

When did they stop doing it where you had to send an application to the Canadian Embassy in the UK and started doing it this way?
You can do it that way, takes around 10 weeks, but certainly for the past 5 years (may be longer, but that's how long I've been aware of it) another option is to just get it the airport when you arrive.

HTH.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

O.K., I have just been offered a job in SK, but my employer wasn't aware you could do that. They have given me all the forms to send to London.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 4:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

O.K., I have just been offered a job in SK, but my employer wasn't aware you could do that. They have given me all the forms to send to London.
If they're happy to wait the 10 weeks for you to get it via London, then you could just do that, your choice really. Although do be aware that you still don't get the actual TWP until you arrive in Canada! You'll just get a 'pre-approval' type letter to swap for a TWP.

Alternatively, if you don't need a medical and are a UKC, then you can apply at the airport tomorrow if you want.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Old Mar 3rd 2012, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

They weren't aware?

Sounds a bit slack to me.

Take employment contract and LMO to immigration desk when you get to Canada, and say "I would like a temporary work permit please, here's $150".
They should give you one.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

I have just had an e-mail from my prospective company and they said they had a meeting with Sask government & were told it is not advised to try & get my Temporary Work Permit at port of entry. I don't know the reasoning for this. Has anyone had any problems getting a TWP @ POE for truck driving in Saskatchewan with just their LMO & employment contract?
Also because they want me to go through London, it states that you need to send proof of funding. Does anyone know what proof I need to send & how much? Thanks.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

9 times out of 10 for SK&MB the port of entry would be PEARSON ontario.
Have your employers ever brought anyone over before because ive no heard of any probs getting a twp at pointof entry for a long time.
Proof o founds can be (if you own your own house ) a valuation of the property.
jimmy.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

thanks Jimmy, unfortunately I don't own my home.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

I don't think they have brought anyone out there so far.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.