Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Show us YOUR Canadian Rig....

Show us YOUR Canadian Rig....

Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:35 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Show us YOUR Canadian Rig....

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Thats who i ment
I don't know a lot about them but they are 15 minutes from me and i know Dave Millar who does the hiring, he's a good guy. Eassons are supposed to be a good Co. to work for, company trucks are automatic shitliner columbias, they pay hub miles which is 5% more than pc miler miles and they have quite a few O/O's. other than that, i don't know anything but have you seen the website?
http://www.eassons.com/
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I know there web,just wonderd if they are as good as they sound and look on there web page
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Gremmie,

I was wondering how you moved to BC, when there is no PNP for truckers - is it a trial to see how the truckers do?

Sorry to be nosey.

Karla x x x
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

And NO, I don't want to move to BC - well not yet anyway

Karla x x x
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karla03
Gremmie,

I was wondering how you moved to BC, when there is no PNP for truckers - is it a trial to see how the truckers do?

Sorry to be nosey.

Karla x x x
Well i took the plane from Zürich to Vancouver then from Van to Kamloops
My furniture came in a container
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well i took the plane from Zürich to Vancouver then from Van to Kamloops
My furniture came in a container
Your a Funny Man Gremmie
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK i'll try to be sensible BC has as of yet NO PNP for truckers,,,per se....!!!!
Thats why i was given a 2year WP as against the standard 1 year WP....Yes it's sought of a trial run at this time. Time will tell
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK i'll try to be sensible BC has as of yet NO PNP for truckers,,,per se....!!!!
Thats why i was given a 2year WP as against the standard 1 year WP....Yes it's sought of a trial run at this time. Time will tell
Well good Luck with it.

Karla x x x
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:19 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

I know there web,just wonderd if they are as good as they sound and look on there web page
As far as i know they are good to work for, i haven't spoken to any of there drivers but other local drivers speak well of them.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
As far as i know they are good to work for, i haven't spoken to any of there drivers but other local drivers speak well of them.
Hi Andy,

It's quite spooky that actually coz I just emailed Eassons this morning asking if they would be interested in me as we are looking at settling around NS / PEI.

Are there any other firms around that sort of area you might be able to reccommend I have come accross the following and wondered what you thought:

King Freight
Armour
Midland
GTL

Any help would be appreciated as usual.

Dave

OH PS What is the area like around where you are - Kentville & Berwick where eassons are.....Only I noticed a Military camp down the road and you know what a pain in the ass military are like to live around.

LOL

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Sep 10th 2007 at 3:30 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 3:54 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Hi Andy,

It's quite spooky that actually coz I just emailed Eassons this morning asking if they would be interested in me as we are looking at settling around NS / PEI.

Are there any other firms around that sort of area you might be able to reccommend I have come accross the following and wondered what you thought:

King Freight
Armour
Midland
GTL

Any help would be appreciated as usual.

Dave

OH PS What is the area like around where you are - Kentville & Berwick where eassons are.....Only I noticed a Military camp down the road and you know what a pain in the ass military are like to live around.

LOL
Hi Dave
As you can tell from my pics, i work for GTL and i would very highly recommend them, except that they don't have any spare company trucks atm.
Kingfreight are also very good, i did my internship with them.
Midland are also good to work for although bigger and more strict on many things.
Armour are good to work for as well, out of your list, armour are the only one that does "local" work where you could be home everyday. I have a friend who works for them and i could find out precise details if you are serious.

2 others worth a mention are Ayr motor services and Brookville, both are based in Woodstock, NB but you could still live anywhere in the maritimes to work there.

Midland is owned by the Irving group (truck stops and gas stations) they also own Sunbury and another truck firm i can't think of now.

Brookville is part of the Laidlaw group who also own Clarke transport who are based in Halifax.
There are loads of other companies, i will pm you my phone number so that you can call me when you come over.

As for the military, there is a base in Greenwood but you wouldn't really know it. Even in Greenwood itself you don't see many military personnel and when you do they are inconspicuous and well behaved. We went to the airshow in Halifax last year and climbed all over the planes, the guys were great and answered all our questions.

When it comes to living in NS and the Annapolis valley in particular, we love it, we can get anything we need, lots to do, weather is hot in summer and although we have a bit of snow, it hasn't got too cold in the winter. My only crtiicism would be the slow pace and it can be a tad quiet if you have come from a big city/town (not a bad thing to everyone)

Anything i have missed, or if there is anything else you would like to know, just ask.

Have a great trip and hope to see you soon

Andy
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

Ian and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karla03
Don't you just love the Army

I wanted to join the Royal Signals, but I failed my maths exam, so AGC it was for me.

Karla x x x
And they say that standards in the Army are not slipping

Back in my day when the AGC(Special Pay Service) were known as the Rape And Pilage Corps (RAPC), they would not have taken you if you had failed your maths exam

Otherwise you wern't qualified to cook the books

Ian.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
F*****G JPA now it's a load of old mad dogs P**S

Been trying to claim back £3.50 for car park fees for a week (I know tight Ass)

HA HA Karla a shiney Ass made my day chick.
I can sympathise with you there Davie_Mac. I have just spent the last 2.5 years working in the Army computer centre @ Worthy Down, as a civilian IT Contractor. I was employed as part of a team taken on to back fill on the old system having worked there before in my SPS days. Many of the permy staff including the military programmers were being taken to work on the new JPA system. Not one of them had a good word to say about it. Luckily my contract ended before the Army went live on JPA so I was not there to see the Sh*t hit the fan so to speak.

However I was there when the RAF and Navy went live and none of us could believe that without fixing the problems from those implementations, they still went ahead with the Army

I assume from your comments that it still does not work properly ?

Ian.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ian and Deb
I can sympathise with you there Davie_Mac. I have just spent the last 2.5 years working in the Army computer centre @ Worthy Down, as a civilian IT Contractor. I was employed as part of a team taken on to back fill on the old system having worked there before in my SPS days. Many of the permy staff including the military programmers were being taken to work on the new JPA system. Not one of them had a good word to say about it. Luckily my contract ended before the Army went live on JPA so I was not there to see the Sh*t hit the fan so to speak.

However I was there when the RAF and Navy went live and none of us could believe that without fixing the problems from those implementations, they still went ahead with the Army

I assume from your comments that it still does not work properly ?

Ian.
Jesus wept !!!!!!!!!! this was supposed to be a picture thread of Canadian truck's,not a frigging army re-union or all our yesterdays.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

Jesus wept !!!!!!!!!! this was supposed to be a picture thread of Canadian truck's,not a frigging army re-union or all our yesterdays.
I'm quickly starting to think that this is not the friendliest of forums to join.

Firstly my Hello post in the newbies section as only had 2 replies since I posted at 3.43 this afternoon and now I get shot down in flames for commenting on someone else previous quote

God help me when I actually get around to asking a question on moving to Canada

Ian.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.