Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Show us YOUR Canadian Rig....

Show us YOUR Canadian Rig....

Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future
Default Re: Show us YOUR Canadian Rig....

Originally Posted by Ian and Deb

God help me when I actually get around to asking a question on moving to Canada

Ian.
That's when all hell breaks loose - some people on the main forum will argue that black is white ect......... and try to convince you how intelligent they are.

Good luck, I'm past the caring stage
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quickly starting to think that this is not the friendliest of forums to join.

Firstly my Hello post in the newbies section as only had 2 replies since I posted at 3.43 this afternoon and now I get shot down in flames for commenting on someone else previous quote

God help me when I actually get around to asking a question on moving to Canada

Ian.
sorry you 2 i didn't mean to shoot you down i'm really mostly,well some times,now and again,hardly ever nice ask what ever you wish, i shall endevour to asist.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Jesus wept !!!!!!!!!! this was supposed to be a picture thread of Canadian truck's,not a frigging army re-union or all our yesterdays.
I'm starting to think that your not capable of playing nice with others Gremmie........................No go stand in the corner and you can forget your chocolatesYou naughty boy!!!!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

And they say that standards in the Army are not slipping

Back in my day when the AGC(Special Pay Service) were known as the Rape And Pilage Corps (RAPC), they would not have taken you if you had failed your maths exam

Otherwise you wern't qualified to cook the books

Ian.
They slipped when I left............................I was the best damn Clerk in the AGC!!!

Well anyway I don't want to Spoil Gremmies thread. Welcome to BE, what part of Canada are you looking at moving to?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Ian and Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karla03
I was the best damn Clerk in the AGC!!!
Is that because I had already left

Not sure what area to go to yet. I have only had my class 1 for 2 months so area will probably depend on which companies are willing to take me without the dreaded 2 years experience.

Did you get my PM last night asking for info ?

Ian.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Is that because I had already left

Not sure what area to go to yet. I have only had my class 1 for 2 months so area will probably depend on which companies are willing to take me without the dreaded 2 years experience.

Did you get my PM last night asking for info ?

Ian.
That could be a stumbling block,your experience or lack of. but i think you should continue just the same,as the whole immigration process is time consuming,in the mean time you're gaining experience.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Wouldent mind that Volvo D16 the Western aint bad either
Attached Thumbnails Show us YOUR Canadian Rig....-trucks003.jpg   Show us YOUR Canadian Rig....-trucks002.jpg  
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

Wouldent mind that Volvo D16 the Western aint bad either
There is a guy around here pulling containers out of Felixstowe docks with a Volvo VN 660! - apparently he had to change the front axle to get type approval, but is now U.K. registered.

A friend of mine has just ordered a new FH16 660 bhp XL Globetrotter with I shift - I bet you could use that on those hills you got there..........
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES
There is a guy around here pulling containers out of Felixstowe docks with a Volvo VN 660! - apparently he had to change the front axle to get type approval, but is now U.K. registered.

A friend of mine has just ordered a new FH16 660 bhp XL Globetrotter with I shift - I bet you could use that on those hills you got there..........
I used to own a F12 380bhp Globetrotter that wer'nt bad. I was never really a fan of bonneted trucks,but i'm leaning to like em,a much smoother ride than a cab over. I just want more torque on the mountains,pulling 63,500kgs up a 17km drag in 3rd high,well i nearly fell asleep
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

I used to own a F12 380bhp Globetrotter that wer'nt bad. I was never really a fan of bonneted trucks,but i'm leaning to like em,a much smoother ride than a cab over. I just want more torque on the mountains,pulling 63,500kgs up a 17km drag in 3rd high,well i nearly fell asleep
Have you driven a Volvo with I-Shift? - I don't like auto's, but it's like a manual box with some clever gremlins changing gear for you, it evens blips the throttle on down shift's!

What power is your truck? everyone overhere is going horse power mad, but seem to be forgetting about torque, and more importantly fuel!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES
Have you driven a Volvo with I-Shift? - I don't like auto's, but it's like a manual box with some clever gremlins changing gear for you, it evens blips the throttle on down shift's!

What power is your truck? everyone overhere is going horse power mad, but seem to be forgetting about torque, and more importantly fuel!
480bhp Cummins motor,with a fuller 16 speed non synchro box. On the flat its good,but shy's away from the mountains. The BC drivers even took the big boss for a drive,he's from the praries, to explain that more bhp doesnt meen faster driving,to no avail:curse:
Old Sep 29th 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

A few more pretty pics
Attached Thumbnails Show us YOUR Canadian Rig....-101_0041.jpg   Show us YOUR Canadian Rig....-101_0054.jpg   Show us YOUR Canadian Rig....-101_0053.jpg  
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Here's mine ... but it's American, not Canadian ..
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/d...ust_washed.jpg
Old Sep 30th 2007, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Bloody Yanks get everywhere send a couple more m8,we're not fussy
Old Oct 1st 2007, 5:31 am
Kev and Lisa

Rodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the rough

Hiya Gremmie,

Do you really check all them slack adjusters

Or do you check em the UK way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.