Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Wikiposts

SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future
Default Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Hi all,

Happy new year,

Thanks for the chrimbo card Davie mac. Never seen a merry Christmas to Canada card before, very nice and will be kept as an "ahhh" card.

Loafy...Looks like we maybe making another slide down the hill soon, more snow forecast.

It is very annoying when we get ploughed in but it soon fades when you see how pretty PEI is in the winter....
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo
Hi all,

Happy new year,

Thanks for the chrimbo card Davie mac. Never seen a merry Christmas to Canada card before, very nice and will be kept as an "ahhh" card.

Loafy...Looks like we maybe making another slide down the hill soon, more snow forecast.

It is very annoying when we get ploughed in but it soon fades when you see how pretty PEI is in the winter....
You are very welcome thought they were a nice gesture even just to say thanks for all the help you & Bob have given us. New your street but not your house number hence the reason of posting to Postman Robin so I'll have to thanks him for doing the delivery.

Next year we will deliver by hand. Very jealous of all te snow as I love the snow and skiing. We saw a house the other week that backs onto the confederation trail which would have been great for skiing and walking the dogs.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loafy
Hello,
Ah it's just terrible here dont come LOL. The company we used was FOX Removals or Chapmans but i think Chapman are a local firm but part of the Fox group. They were pretty good only one vase and a few glasses broken in all.

Yeah i got a new Pete and they are ok not as refined as European ones, mind you, you will be fine after driving them Scammels and Leylands LOL. Actually i think it depends on how tall you are i'm only 5'9" and find the driving position not to my taste but i have just about got it now. They are great on the open highway but not so cool in town or tight spots, limited steering lock and heavy too. No air pack on the clutch too so can be hard work on your left leg after a while if you have to shunt to get into tight places which is most of the time.

Chris is fine and his family are all over here now. We have all spent some time round his and Bob and Kerrys over Xmas and had fun in the snow trying to sledge down his hill at the side of his house. Lots of laughs and so on.
Had a big load of snow yesterday and even a weather warning on the TV on CBC. Bloody plough blocked my drive again so more damn digging, im glad it's not heavy stuff or my back would be in half. Some piccies to look at.

All the best for the New Year.

LOAFY... & Family...
Hi Mate.

Yeh anything has to be better then a Commander or OSH KOSH which have the turning circles of super tankers

Semi auto gear boxes on them so I will have to get to the gym and do some weights on me left leg. Was practicing the other day on a works car changing gear without the clutch....was fun and went very well LOL noe done that for years...on the old Antars or Scammels and Fodens Boy am I old.

Thanks for the info on the removal company going to start seriously now crimbo is over to get our S**T together and all the planning we need to do. Will be handing in my notice on Monday to the boss can't wait.

Hope you all have a great and prosperous 2008.

Cheers Dave

PS anyone wanna buy a Megane Scenic which failed it's F*****G MOT today AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH Vehicles.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Hi Mate.

Yeh anything has to be better then a Commander or OSH KOSH which have the turning circles of super tankers

Semi auto gear boxes on them so I will have to get to the gym and do some weights on me left leg. Was practicing the other day on a works car changing gear without the clutch....was fun and went very well LOL noe done that for years...on the old Antars or Scammels and Fodens Boy am I old.

Thanks for the info on the removal company going to start seriously now crimbo is over to get our S**T together and all the planning we need to do. Will be handing in my notice on Monday to the boss can't wait.

Hope you all have a great and prosperous 2008.

Cheers Dave

PS anyone wanna buy a Megane Scenic which failed it's F*****G MOT today AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH Vehicles.
I drove some of those too.....and i aint old,just well rippend
Dont bother training that left leg,no need. Double de clutching on these trucks is not how we remmeber it, just very lightly dip the clutch approx 2 inches and change,they have clutch brakes if you push too far
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I drove some of those too.....and i aint old,just well rippend
Dont bother training that left leg,no need. Double de clutching on these trucks is not how we remmeber it, just very lightly dip the clutch approx 2 inches and change,they have clutch brakes if you push too far
Hi Gremmie,
What i meant was when your doing the reversing thingy type of shunt and you just cant get it, takes it out of the leg then.
Dont use it much now to be honest, only from 8th high to 7th low just dont like it for some reason, goes in fine 75% of the time then just wants to rattle your teeth the rest.

Happy New Year mate.

LOAFY...
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gremmie,
What i meant was when your doing the reversing thingy type of shunt and you just cant get it, takes it out of the leg then.
Dont use it much now to be honest, only from 8th high to 7th low just dont like it for some reason, goes in fine 75% of the time then just wants to rattle your teeth the rest.

Happy New Year mate.

LOAFY...
Holy cow speak of the devil..... was just chatting with Lyndon wondering what you are up to... nice to hear from ya.. With out bragging i dont have any probs with the boxes,forwards or reverse,maybe kenworths are easier?????????
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

This is what I learned on all those years ago.

A 12" adjustable was the best thing to help you learn how not to crunch the gears....your No1 Opo used to belt you with it everytime you crunched them....you learn quick.

Just look at the luxury in that cab Pete's & Ken's just don't come close....as in the state of the art heating / ventilation system you can see the Y vents pointing towards the windows....bloody luxury.

Thats not me by the way in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.-pict0025.jpg   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.-pict0037.jpg  
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Holy cow speak of the devil..... was just chatting with Lyndon wondering what you are up to... nice to hear from ya.. With out bragging i dont have any probs with the boxes,forwards or reverse,maybe kenworths are easier?????????
Yeah yeah, me neither im an expert now, just that this truck and another driver have the same problem going down from top low to 7th high it either takes it o it gives a little crunch when it engages. Use the clutch and no prob.
I found the freightliners were easier than these but they have few miles on them.

LOAFY...
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

This is what I learned on all those years ago.

A 12" adjustable was the best thing to help you learn how not to crunch the gears....your No1 Opo used to belt you with it everytime you crunched them....you learn quick.

Just look at the luxury in that cab Pete's & Ken's just don't come close....as in the state of the art heating / ventilation system you can see the Y vents pointing towards the windows....bloody luxury.

Thats not me by the way in the picture.
Hey Davie, you can keep that mate it's all yours LOL. You will be spoilt in these Petes mate, they are the high life of trucking, well they are good but thats all to be honest. Still would love to have a big FH16 XL with a good lump in it with this sort of cab.

LOAFY...
Old Jan 4th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Hey Davie, you can keep that mate it's all yours LOL. You will be spoilt in these Petes mate, they are the high life of trucking, well they are good but thats all to be honest. Still would love to have a big FH16 XL with a good lump in it with this sort of cab.

LOAFY...
Just to make you 0.00001% homesick

Pics for ya
Attached Thumbnails SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.-v04tx8.jpg   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.-volvo.jpg   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.-anders.jpg  

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Jan 4th 2008 at 7:03 am.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:01 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dave

Hope you and the family had a good Xmas and new year.
the interior of that volvo looks identical to the interiors of volvos here.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Hi Dave

Hope you and the family had a good Xmas and new year.
the interior of that volvo looks identical to the interiors of volvos here.
Hi Andy.

Happy New Year to you all in Kentville also.

We stayed at home for the festive period but got the new Puppy...mad as a fish she is great when she's asleep.

Volvos are quite smart aint they.

Have you been busy then...been out and about much your self

Quite jealous were missing all the snow quite fancied a bit of skiing.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Just to make you 0.00001% homesick

Pics for ya
How very dare you, LOL.
I love em, great truck.

Well just got back from kentucky yesterday which is a nice place to go have to say. Made good miles and no hiccups so i had a dream trip really, over 3000 miles so get the extra 10 cents a mile too, big smile from he he.
We have a new addition to the family aswell. We got a dog who we called jack. He is an American coon hound dog and a husky cross so should be about medium build. we will see how he turns out, so far he is very good.

LOAFY...
Attached Thumbnails SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.-jack.jpg   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.-jack..jpg  
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

How very dare you, LOL.
I love em, great truck.

Well just got back from kentucky yesterday which is a nice place to go have to say. Made good miles and no hiccups so i had a dream trip really, over 3000 miles so get the extra 10 cents a mile too, big smile from he he.
We have a new addition to the family aswell. We got a dog who we called jack. He is an American coon hound dog and a husky cross so should be about medium build. we will see how he turns out, so far he is very good.

LOAFY...
I knew already.....

@ 1800hrs tonight he he he

Was on the phone to Kerry about her new little felow....they are both gorgeous. Well at least you can train him to pull you all around the ski touring routes on PEI. He's gonna be a handsome boy.

Get a trainging crate if you aint already...godsend for house training ours nearly is already and only 10 weeks and had her only for 2. Lot of work in and out all the time but worth it....good luck.

He can go on trips with you in the truck whe he's sorted will be company for you.

Joes also gonna look at doing dog grooming when she comes out so business might be good with all the new mutlys.

Glad the trip went well 3000 miles can't be bad eh. I wanna go to Philladelphia (Gremmie spelling??) & run up the Rocky steps at the museum of art.....

I can't wait to get there now and get on the road and just make the move.

TTFN

Cheers dude Dave

PS - Get some photies up you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wey Hey - just noticed I'm on 600 Posts...I need a proper job !!!

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Jan 9th 2008 at 9:16 am.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I knew already.....

@ 1800hrs tonight he he he

Was on the phone to Kerry about her new little felow....they are both gorgeous. Well at least you can train him to pull you all around the ski touring routes on PEI. He's gonna be a handsome boy.

Get a trainging crate if you aint already...godsend for house training ours nearly is already and only 10 weeks and had her only for 2. Lot of work in and out all the time but worth it....good luck.

He can go on trips with you in the truck whe he's sorted will be company for you.

Joes also gonna look at doing dog grooming when she comes out so business might be good with all the new mutlys.

Glad the trip went well 3000 miles can't be bad eh. I wanna go to Philladelphia (Gremmie spelling??) & run up the Rocky steps at the museum of art.....

I can't wait to get there now and get on the road and just make the move.

TTFN

Cheers dude Dave

PS - Get some photies up you guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wey Hey - just noticed I'm on 600 Posts...I need a proper job !!!
Clair used to work in a vets and breed and we used to cage ours all the time, they are a godsend like you say, good for potty training too.

I hear the rocky theme playing in my head right now. Sure you would make it to the top without a rest.

What you cant see the piccies i have put on.

All the best mate you sad poster you. You need to get out more LOL.

LOAFY...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.