Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Long shot trucking jobs in western Canada

Long shot trucking jobs in western Canada

Old Jan 1st 2021, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long shot trucking jobs in western Canada

good luck mate hope it all works out
Old Jan 2nd 2021, 2:06 am
Just Joined

mike639 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Siemens Transport in are in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

1. Ayr Motor in New Brunswick.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 13th 2021 at 8:39 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Rogo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hoping companies might start looking to bring drivers in once the virus is under Control
Old Jan 12th 2021, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Rogo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mike639
1. Ayr Motor in New Brunswick.
and I think I read somewhere you Only need 1056 hours of work history for this programme
Old Jan 15th 2021, 3:36 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike639
Hi Alex,

Good to read about your aspirations. Very good decision in my opinion. Far easier life and vastly more opportunities, although you probably know that already. I am currently on a work permit with a trucking company and will be applying for my PR again soon. I used to be a PR in the past but I went back to Europe for too long and it got revoked. So I am doing the process all over again. I came back less than 6 months ago.

I know of two trucking companies who would definitely hire you. I do not know whether they are in a position to do so in the current climate.

I also know of a lawyer in Chicago ( I know that's not Canada) who is hiring for an American trucking company. You will get a green card after 6 months this way. A couple well seasoned European trucker friends of mine are moving from Canada and going this route.

Finally, should you find a Canafian company that has LMIA'S, you may still have issues getting the actual work permit. Canadian border officers used to do this at the border when you flew in but not since Covid (unless it has changed again since I flew back in). You will need to apply for this yourself before you come to Canada. I had to do this. I utilised a Canadian Immigration consultant to do it for me. She was great and got it for me no problem.

I can give you all this information no problem. Can you send me a PM please?
We request that any questions or information given with regards to immigration matters are posted openly on the forum and not sent by PM under any circumstances, thank you.

It's easy to give incorrect or outdated information, with the best intentions.. if it's posted openly on the forum it can be corrected before causing potential damage
Thanks for understanding.

As to an Immigration consultant - there is little need of this unless the OP has a complex background. Your situation would be very different to someone who hasn't had their PR status revoked. It's a simple matter to apply online for a work permit, provided you have a copy of the LMIA
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ary/apply.html

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 15th 2021 at 3:40 am.