British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Loblaw (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/loblaw-749906/)

Mona Lisa 69 Mar 4th 2013 1:46 am

Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by Madjock76 (Post 10581508)
Just remember not you personally but in general your not moving to somewhere else in UK things done different so go with flow makes it so much easier

That's what I'm hoping, slow things down a little! Lol

Agree life lot slower here not all can deal with it, but it's good thing. My days commuting to London well over!!!!!! I can't earn as much here as UK but don't need to any more.

People are def. different in nice way takes getting used to, but going with flo is good idea.

As my mum says all good things come to those who wait - so on that note i'd betta stop posting on ere as everyone get annoyed with me as no info!:rofl:

cukks Mar 4th 2013 8:52 am

loved your threads mona lisa,one thing confirmined to me is the weather thtas made me think know.thanx

Nikkinoo75 Mar 4th 2013 9:07 am

I'm hoping for a nice summer for you Lisa. Looks like me and the kids will miss most of it if things go as planned - looking to join hubby (aka madjock76) out there in September (fingers crossed - still awaiting Visa application process).

spoilt1033 Mar 4th 2013 4:28 pm

np, thanks mona lisa 69.

northboy Mar 4th 2013 5:06 pm

still we dont have any hours worked by loblaw drivers ,, you ask one question on here and its side tracked a lot on here , , people need to know the facts hours worked a week pay tax you pay etc etc ,, ,i live in hope one day it may get a answer??????????

Mona Lisa 69 Mar 4th 2013 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by northboy (Post 10582918)
still we dont have any hours worked by loblaw drivers ,, you ask one question on here and its side tracked a lot on here , , people need to know the facts hours worked a week pay tax you pay etc etc ,, ,i live in hope one day it may get a answer??????????

Sorry you don't feel your questions are answered but hours depends on what runs you do an there are extras you get paid for, so difficult to say what you will get paid. Then you have to pay pension an health care out of it so will vary from person to person. Sorry cant be of more help!

Mona Lisa 69 Mar 4th 2013 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Nikkinoo75 (Post 10581948)
I'm hoping for a nice summer for you Lisa. Looks like me and the kids will miss most of it if things go as planned - looking to join hubby (aka madjock76) out there in September (fingers crossed - still awaiting Visa application process).

Sept can still be a good month too, snow didn't arrive until November, so you'll have time to settle in before the snow arrived :)

jamesmc Mar 4th 2013 6:22 pm

This is one o the reasons why folk do not want to help anymore!!
you have a computer use it ...Loblaws Regina telephone number is available
phone them up...e mail them...do something for your self.
:sneaky::sneaky:
how the hell do you think the ones that arrived before managed ?
we came over and looked for work,and took a chance.
now people want there hand held all the way and tucked in at night! you are going to drive a truck ,its the same shit just different depth.,,what ya gonna do when its -40 below and you have a problem and.blowing a blizzard
To Dusty & the others at Loblaws i hope you manage to sort this bunch of screwdrivers out before they blow it for all the other drivers ,,its beginning to sound like a typical western bolshy bunch are coming your way.:ohmy::frown:
sorry about the rant folks but a lot off us on here did it the hard way and dont mind helping but we would hate to see employers give up on uk drivers because of a few mouthpieces.
need to have a coffee now.
and as my other post ...no point emailing /posting bad thoughts to me (as it has happened) as i really dont give a ...k.
im living the good life! jimmy.

dustyhoward Mar 4th 2013 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 10581311)
So you had a crap job in England and now work nights LOL .
You must have been here for at least six months , got your nomination from SK sorted and the PR application posted ? Don't drag your feet doing this because you're tied to Loblaws until residency is gained .
BTW , we have some vacancies at our place but you have to be landed , and to be honest your squaddie mentality wouldn't cut the mustard . One door closed but I hear Waste Management are looking :rofl:

Hi love where's your wife turkey bulb I missed you both
I enjoy reading your blind views about me for example where did you get my so called squaddie mentality from I have never been in the army:amen:
I have been a company man all my working life and as for your advice on nomination thanks for the info but to keep you up to date I have my nomination and i have been given no rope to tie myself to loblaws at all I came to loblaws of my choosing and chatting other company drivers from hit and run , trappers, yanke, Turks, challenger, erb,gfs and many others I'm getting better pay and better perks
So what part of England do you work in

dustyhoward Mar 4th 2013 7:53 pm

Go on jimmy you tell em they really have not got a clue about it at all

dustyhoward Mar 4th 2013 7:58 pm

So called people like fat the mat sorry flat to the mat who don't even live in Canada and aren't brave enough to venture out of Manchester the so called centre of the universe have the neck to moan and knock Canadian companies who are trying to give opportunities to good British drivers a chance in Canada where British companies fail them is very sad

russjp Mar 4th 2013 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by jamesmc (Post 10583098)
This is one o the reasons why folk do not want to help anymore!!
you have a computer use it ...Loblaws Regina telephone number is available
phone them up...e mail them...do something for your self.
:sneaky::sneaky:
how the hell do you think the ones that arrived before managed ?
we came over and looked for work,and took a chance.
now people want there hand held all the way and tucked in at night! you are going to drive a truck ,its the same shit just different depth.,,what ya gonna do when its -40 below and you have a problem and.blowing a blizzard
To Dusty & the others at Loblaws i hope you manage to sort this bunch of screwdrivers out before they blow it for all the other drivers ,,its beginning to sound like a typical western bolshy bunch are coming your way.:ohmy::frown:
sorry about the rant folks but a lot off us on here did it the hard way and dont mind helping but we would hate to see employers give up on uk drivers because of a few mouthpieces.
need to have a coffee now.
and as my other post ...no point emailing /posting bad thoughts to me (as it has happened) as i really dont give a ...k.
im living the good life! jimmy.

Can i ask please my friend that you dont tar everyone with the same brush, we aren`t all whingers and wasters if you dont mind. Some of us are grafters and just want to get over there and get our heads down to work, be that home every shift, away for a few days at a time or whatever. I may have the advantage of knowing someone who already works there but i am going to work and live with my family and no-one else`s and this is my one and only priority, but i would like to add that it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out the kind of runs we`ll ALL be doing as the subbies are given the heave-ho and that includes the guys who went there last year. Personally i dont mind what runs i`m doing as long as everyone is being treated in the same manner which in my opinion is what will happen eventually with a fixed run rota being put in place. I could give details of earnings given to me by my friend but refuse for 2 reasons :

1. Its personal and private information.

2. From what i understand your wage will vary from week to week depending on where you get sent and ultimately the miles you cover.

Can we just stop the sniping and get back to being a credible source of information for those people thinking of making the big leap ?

That said, I have no time for people who need their hand holding all the way because they cant be bothered to do their research.

Rant over lol:thumbsup:

dustyhoward Mar 4th 2013 8:01 pm

Northboy the hours vary from 11-14 hours a shift depends where you go and with that the money varies too
From $185-450 a shift again depends where you go
Tax varies from 28%-32% depends how much you work
Basically how much you put in depends on how much you get out

tattoo99 Mar 4th 2013 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by russjp (Post 10583330)
Can i ask please my friend that you dont tar everyone with the same brush, we aren`t all whingers and wasters if you dont mind. Some of us are grafters and just want to get over there and get our heads down to work, be that home every shift, away for a few days at a time or whatever. I may have the advantage of knowing someone who already works there but i am going to work and live with my family and no-one else`s and this is my one and only priority, but i would like to add that it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out the kind of runs we`ll ALL be doing as the subbies are given the heave-ho and that includes the guys who went there last year. Personally i dont mind what runs i`m doing as long as everyone is being treated in the same manner which in my opinion is what will happen eventually with a fixed run rota being put in place. I could give details of earnings given to me by my friend but refuse for 2 reasons :

1. Its personal and private information.

2. From what i understand your wage will vary from week to week depending on where you get sent and ultimately the miles you cover.

Can we just stop the sniping and get back to being a credible source of information for those people thinking of making the big leap ?

That said, I have no time for people who need their hand holding all the way because they cant be bothered to do their research.

Rant over lol:thumbsup:

Hear Hear why cant we all help each other it's like
being at rugby truckstop

dustyhoward Mar 4th 2013 8:33 pm

Flats as you are in England what good driving jobs are there in England

dustyhoward Mar 4th 2013 8:34 pm

Damn right russ good old rugby truckstop

dustyhoward Mar 5th 2013 4:18 pm

So let us adults share info to each other about helping getting to Canada and not moan and slate companies that you have never heard of and let you keep watching your ice road truckers DVD set you got for Christmas in Manchester

cukks Mar 5th 2013 4:19 pm

lol...lol..lol

flat to the mat Mar 5th 2013 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 10585199)
Look you live in Manchester face facts I know you really want to be here but one day when you grow up and become an adult it might happen for you bless ya

So I live in Manchester WTF ? If this is fact why on March 25th 2012 did you send me a PM asking what Regina is like ?? :rofl:

BTW Highway 11 is much better today , was horrible last night .

dustyhoward Mar 5th 2013 4:36 pm

What episode of ice road truckers was that flats

dustyhoward Mar 5th 2013 4:37 pm

Cukks did you apply for job in canada

dustyhoward Mar 5th 2013 4:39 pm

If I did ask you about Regina flats your answer was wrong hey ho

flat to the mat Mar 5th 2013 4:47 pm

Never replied mate . Why don't you try using a full stop and paragraph instead of the submit button ?

Mitzyboy Mar 5th 2013 4:48 pm

Im going to put on my old Transport Directors hat now and say
Please .... lets keep it civil :);)

northboy Mar 5th 2013 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69 (Post 10582948)
Sorry you don't feel your questions are answered but hours depends on what runs you do an there are extras you get paid for, so difficult to say what you will get paid. Then you have to pay pension an health care out of it so will vary from person to person. Sorry cant be of more help!

thanks for that mona lisa ,, ,just be nice to get a idea of the fort nighty wage at loblaws ,even after all the take off,s

Mona Lisa 69 Mar 5th 2013 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by northboy (Post 10585575)
thanks for that mona lisa ,, ,just be nice to get a idea of the fort nighty wage at loblaws ,even after all the take off,s

Hi northboy

You will see earlier in thread before all the silliness started again it will give you rough idea of wages max/min from dustyhoward, might give you more of an idea. Things do change as sometimes you can do different runs on different days. I think as a whole most of the drivers here say they are earning more than the UK, I know that doesn't really help, but as whole lifestyle here a lot slower pace to the UK with lot less drivers an people. No sitting traffic for hours on end. So this means you are driving for more hours an less sitting in traffic :D

northboy Mar 5th 2013 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 10583333)
Northboy the hours vary from 11-14 hours a shift depends where you go and with that the money varies too
From $185-450 a shift again depends where you go
Tax varies from 28%-32% depends how much you work
Basically how much you put in depends on how much you get out

:thumbsup: THANKS PAL thats all i need to know ,, for god stake jimmy take a chil pill man :eek::eek::eek::eek:, am doing a little research, thats why am on here,, but you my friend just dont seam to have the time to help any one out ,

Mona Lisa 69 Mar 5th 2013 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by northboy (Post 10585607)
:thumbsup: THANKS PAL thats all i need to know ,, for god stake jimmy take a chil pill man :eek::eek::eek::eek:, am doing a little research, thats why am on here,, but you my friend just dont seam to have the time to help any one out ,

Northboy I beg to differ with regards to jimmy been help to us, just sometimes he prob just gets bit fed up of the questions, but he's a good guy an experienced :D think will all work out for you guys once ya get here take it all one day at a time. Think few people getting frustrated as wonna get out here an experience thing, just have to take the rough with the smooth :D

dustyhoward Mar 5th 2013 8:42 pm

Northboy as mona says jimmys cool ignore others working for loblaws for 7 months now and they are a good company to work for and been chatting to drivers of other canadian companies and they say loblaws pays better than most

dustyhoward Mar 5th 2013 8:44 pm

When are you coming out northboy

Chicken lights and chrome Mar 5th 2013 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 10580861)
how's it going turkey bulb

All good thanks Rusty, was hoping to bump into you so you could point out where I've been going wrong for the last five years that I've been in Canada:rofl:

Seen a few obviously British drivers on the Winnipeg night trunk, number plates in the window, wearing hi viz while driving, that sort of thing, not you though as I haven't seen one all camo'd up yet, but then I wouldn't see them would I:p

On a more serious note, has it all lived up to expectations? What's the bi weekly take home money on average? How many consecutive shifts? General feelings about the job? Real answers, so they may be of use to people looking at coming over with Loblaws, saying $180-$450 a shift is not much use is it really, not unless you expand and say what you have to do to get $180 or $450 as I'm guessing a lot more work is involved for the $450 than there is for $180, or maybe not, you also said in the beginning that you got snow days, have you taken any? Also what exactly are you doing? store deliveries, trunking, or a combination of both?

I know I've used a few long words, sorry about that, maybe you could get your wife to explain them to you:confused:

dustyhoward Mar 5th 2013 10:20 pm

Hello turkey bulb nice to see you are still alive thought you died in the ditch
As for the money side of your verbal diarrhoea (long word for you) I won't go into details of it because you slate and get on ya Billy big rig about how bad loblaws is to work for and of course you wouldn't work here because it not being a big enough status of a job for you or has the money made your eyes water
The info I have given to the relevant (long word)drivers is useful to them because they are aware of the job they are going to do bubba.
Speaking of camouflage (long word) can't see your german van on the road what's the colour black,brown and tan.?

Chicken lights and chrome Mar 5th 2013 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 10586041)
Hello turkey bulb nice to see you are still alive thought you died in the ditch
As for the money side of your verbal diarrhoea (long word for you) I won't go into details of it because you slate and get on ya Billy big rig about how bad loblaws is to work for and of course you wouldn't work here because it not being a big enough status of a job for you or has the money made your eyes water
The info I have given to the relevant (long word)drivers is useful to them because they are aware of the job they are going to do bubba.
Speaking of camouflage (long word) can't see your german van on the road what's the colour black,brown and tan.?

Died in a ditch? Nice...... I don't hope your words don't come back to bite you on the arse:thumbdown:

I did consider commenting along the lines of 'Let's see if you're as brave face to face' or similar, but then as I used to bump into the plastic cockernees from Essex all the time, I realised that you were just another Internet Rambo & there are scarier things as toys in a McDs Happy Meal, so I never bothered, although maybe one day we'll be in the same place at the same time and I'm quite sure it'll turn out that you're really a nice bloke, just a little bit dim:rofl:

I have never once said that Loblaws is a bad company, the only reservation I ever had was that the bloke from Loblaws was on different forums telling a different story each time, then you and your silly mate came on here telling us you were going to be earning $0.43cpm and $23ph, this too was a different figure to the ones previously stated by the Loblaw bloke, which was why I questioned the wages and still nobody has put anything up to say what the job actually pays:confused:

My van was actually made in Texas, as you can see from my avatar it is black.

I do the typical long haul job, except I run Western Canada only, rather than running south of the border, through choice. My wages are no secret either, because I never gobbed off on the internet 6months before I even got on the plane to Canada, unlike some:eek:

$0.42cpm plus extras, which include $20ph waiting time, after the first two hrs, $150 a day layover pay, in case I reset on the road or get stuck because of a road closure and $50 a day for running in BC or doing an overnight run.

Most months I do 12,000miles and take home between $4,200 and $4,600, depending on the extras. I usually do a 5/6 day trip and have 1/2 days at home in between, so it's better than some, worse than others, but I've been here for five years now and I'm happy with it. I'm not in competition with anyone and it would take a lot more money to tempt me away from my current job and that's the most important thing as far as I'm concerned, to me it means that coming to Canada has lived up to my expectations:thumbsup:

Over to you Rusty, tell us the real story of Loblaws, I dare you:sneaky:

flat to the mat Mar 6th 2013 12:19 am

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 10583312)
Hi love where's your wife turkey bulb I missed you both
I enjoy reading your blind views about me for example where did you get my so called squaddie mentality from I have never been in the army:amen:
I have been a company man all my working life and as for your advice on nomination thanks for the info but to keep you up to date I have my nomination and i have been given no rope to tie myself to loblaws at all I came to loblaws of my choosing and chatting other company drivers from hit and run , trappers, yanke, Turks, challenger, erb,gfs and many others I'm getting better pay and better perks
So what part of England do you work in

Hands up my mistake ,was getting you mixed up with the other lip flapper that also had a huge chip on his shoulder at the beginning of this thread ,can't think why .
Not sure where all the animosity is coming from but if you care to re read this whole topic you might see that none of the Canadian based drivers using this forum , myself included , have ridiculed coming over and working for Loblaws . We have recommended the job for guys not wanting to do long haul , all the bitching kicked off when the " superb" wages offered were questioned by experienced people already established in the industry here , you and your buddy got the hump because you knew better or so you both thought .
When having a bad week myself I've considered going there to work ,easy money with little stress involved , who knows maybe one day , certain that Trevor would sort me a decent shift pattern , but took my T4 to the accountant today and came away with a huge grin so will be staying put for the time being .
You may wrongly still think I live in Manc land and know SFA about trucking in Canada , I couldn't give a rats arse mate , but do yourself a huge favor and get your paperwork sorted for PR , you'll be surprised how long it takes and you're tied to the job until you are landed , the company know this so don't wait for them to start the pen pushing .
Try living with a little less of the attitude , remember this is Canada not TOWIE :rofl:

Oh yeah , comments like "died in a ditch" aren't at all amusing in Western Canada DH .

Mona Lisa 69 Mar 6th 2013 12:32 am

I'm hoping someone will eventually shut this thread down as its not doing the new people any good :amen: enough said

flat to the mat Mar 6th 2013 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69 (Post 10586226)
I'm hoping someone will eventually shut this thread down as its not doing the new people any good :amen: enough said

Have a word closer to home :cool:

Chicken lights and chrome Mar 6th 2013 1:03 am

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 10586267)
Have a word closer to home :cool:

:amen::amen::amen::amen:

Mona Lisa 69 Mar 6th 2013 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 10586270)
:amen::amen::amen::amen:

Not blaming anyone your all entitled to your opinions an understand your comment, an I can't control what anyone says, wish I could.

flat to the mat Mar 6th 2013 1:44 am

LOL , how about lunch at the Tap tomorrow ?

Chicken lights and chrome Mar 6th 2013 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 69 (Post 10586284)
Not blaming anyone your all entitled to your opinions an understand your comment, an I can't control what anyone says, wish I could.

You have my deepest sympathy:(

I take it you're Catholic:rofl: