British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Driving jobs in Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/driving-jobs-canada-517636/)

dinger24 Jun 9th 2009 11:29 pm

Re: Driving jobs in Canada

Why doesnt someone close this thread?

CurtNIR Jun 10th 2009 9:41 am

Do people not read this bloody thread or what? How can you NOT see how old the posts are????? :frown:

20masonroad Jun 10th 2009 12:32 pm

Sure did........Thunder loud enough to make ya look! :confused: Although at times the weather here in the Mid West can be exciting! It sometimes makes ya think of gloomy U.K. with it's wet, damp, foggy days.....We had around two inches of rain in 3 hours yesterday.....Like many drivers here, we all have our tales, mine was my first Winter driving, out in Western Kansas, just an inch or so of Snow, with the roads icing, the wind blowing 25/30..... Coming out from behind a set of silo's, getting caught by the wind, almost jack knifing, got it straighten up, to find myself on the wrong side....so down the ditch I went (had no choice!) hung on for dear life thinking of rolling over, only to find myself still upright in the bottom.....I shifted down several gears, drove along the bottom, picked my spot and came straight back out! Got along to a small town called Montezzuma, into the truck stop, sat awhile, walked to get more coffee, with my knees banging together so hard I nearly fell over! I laugh about it now, but back then.... Oh boy!
You get heaving snow's I guess.... We usually vacation in Wyoming ebery year... I love it up there.

20masonroad Jun 10th 2009 12:34 pm

Hey Commando1....could not open your message you sent me......

[email protected]

That will get me!

Bob Rounce Jun 27th 2009 11:11 am

Originally Posted by ronis sister (Post 6407306)
Class 1 drivers,2 years experience, no criminal record? ? Access Transportation Ltd in Winnipeg are recruiting direct (cutting out the expensive middle man!!!) If you are able to start with in the next few months (doesn't take long to get an approved work permit) call them on 001-204-654-1347

I am looking into working in canada. Please contact me via [email protected]
about the job above. I can supply cv.
Regards Bob Rounce

CurtNIR Jun 27th 2009 5:05 pm

good luck with that....

vikram sharma Jul 10th 2009 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by oilsands (Post 5990845)
Thought I would post this in case anyone was looking for info regarding driving jobs - Bus and Coach:

Fort Mcmurray - Day shifts (Home every night) - 3-4 hour morning run and 3-4 hour afternoon run.

Will train to get licence.

Guaranteed $210.00 per day. Working 24 days on, 4 off, but plenty of overtime if wanted.

In addition, every drivers receives a Fort Mcmurray Living Allowance of $1050.00 per month

In total that equates to around $70-80k per year without OT. Some of the top seniority drivers are on $100-$130k per year.

PM me if you would like any details.

sir please let me know can u enable me to get truck driving job in Canada. Im presently living in India and want to move to Canada.Please reply me back.

Gremmie Jul 11th 2009 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by vikram sharma (Post 7740381)
sir please let me know can u enable me to get truck driving job in Canada. Im presently living in India and want to move to Canada.Please reply me back.

:rofl::rofl: BC is the place for you then :rofl::rofl:

koogar Jul 12th 2009 4:26 am

But there's brake checks in BC.

vikram sharma Jul 12th 2009 8:41 am

Originally Posted by vikram sharma (Post 7740381)

sir kindly let me know the contact numbers and email id of the employer directly recruiting truck drivers from India and giving the work permit, jonb letter , helping in the processing of permanent residency visa and immigration. Looking forward to your favourable response at the earliest.Thanking you.

Best Regards,

Vikram sharma
email:[email protected]

nwtrucker Jul 15th 2009 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by koogar (Post 7744608)
But there's brake checks in BC.

:eek: lmao!

darren8683 Jul 20th 2009 5:35 pm

This really is a message for oilsands - Ive only just registered on the forum and so cant send private messages yet.

I see your original post is over 12 months old, is the situation with Canadian bus/coach drivers still the same?

I've been driving buses/coaches here in england since 2002, and would like to imigrate to Canada for the better standard of life, but I'm struggling to find out where to start with the whole process.

Obviously, I'm going to need a job before I come out there but none of the search engines I've found and been using have listings for bus/coach drivers.

I wonder if you could take the time to enlighten me?

Many thanks in advance,
Darren

Gremmie Jul 20th 2009 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by darren8683 (Post 7768370)
This really is a message for oilsands - Ive only just registered on the forum and so cant send private messages yet.

I see your original post is over 12 months old, is the situation with Canadian bus/coach drivers still the same?

I've been driving buses/coaches here in england since 2002, and would like to imigrate to Canada for the better standard of life, but I'm struggling to find out where to start with the whole process.

Obviously, I'm going to need a job before I come out there but none of the search engines I've found and been using have listings for bus/coach drivers.

I wonder if you could take the time to enlighten me?

Many thanks in advance,
Darren

Youve more chance winning the lotery than getting a reply from Oilsands:ohmy:

commando1 Jul 20th 2009 7:20 pm

hello darren,
i have been looking for trucking jobs on canadian truckers not sure if they have bus drivers on there but worth a look.also have a look at the canadian immigration site they have jobs there from hrdc. or if you know where you want to go see if they have a local newspaper worht a look or if going to a big city look up there bus companies.
mark

darren8683 Jul 21st 2009 6:11 pm

thanks for your help all, ive got myself as starting point, so lets see what happens!