British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Driving jobs in Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/driving-jobs-canada-517636/)

bobthedog Aug 5th 2010 10:51 pm

Re: Driving jobs in Canada

Well you did, Gremmie!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::p

flat to the mat Aug 6th 2010 2:04 am

Gremmie,you really do need spell-check,as an ignorant birt m'i fnidnig ti hrad ot stunderand ouy. Maybe it's the MB redneck in you?:eek:

baba113 Sep 3rd 2010 10:27 pm

[QUOTE=oilsands;5990845]Thought I would post this in case anyone was looking for info regarding driving jobs - Bus and Coach:

Hello there,
I'm interested in that position.
I'm actually working for an Overlanding company from England throughout South America, since MArch 2009.
I'm a Tour Leader/Driver/Mechanic.
I'm driving Mercedes-Benz trucks V6 and V8.
I'm 38 years old, from Italy.
If you think I'm suitable for that position, please, don't hesiate in contacting me.
Sincerely
Barone Gaetano

westendguy10 Sep 19th 2010 11:53 am

Originally Posted by ronis sister (Post 6407306)
Class 1 drivers,2 years experience, no criminal record? ? Access Transportation Ltd in Winnipeg are recruiting direct (cutting out the expensive middle man!!!) If you are able to start with in the next few months (doesn't take long to get an approved work permit) call them on 001-204-654-1347

HI there,
looking for advice on companies to drive for in canada looking for international drivers from uk.

lok forward to your help on this, i hold Class 1 licence

kevin

vickysteve Sep 23rd 2010 1:55 am

Originally Posted by westendguy10 (Post 8859233)
HI there,
looking for advice on companies to drive for in canada looking for international drivers from uk.

lok forward to your help on this, i hold Class 1 licence

kevin

You will have to decide where you want to live first. There are lost of companies out there you have to narrow it down to an area.

westendguy10 Sep 23rd 2010 7:58 am

Hi there,

I was thinking the ontasrio region, prob london, or cambridge

kev

DAVIE_MAC Sep 23rd 2010 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by westendguy10 (Post 8869967)
Hi there,

I was thinking the ontasrio region, prob london, or cambridge

kev

Unless things have changed which I'm not aware of then Ontario do not hire overseas drivers as part of their foreign worker programme.

Google the Ontario PNP or foreign worker programme and search for Long Haul Truck Driver to find the latest info.

If it's not on the list then you will have to broaden your area to another province,

colin.somerville Nov 7th 2010 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by oilsands (Post 5990845)
Thought I would post this in case anyone was looking for info regarding driving jobs - Bus and Coach:

Fort Mcmurray - Day shifts (Home every night) - 3-4 hour morning run and 3-4 hour afternoon run.

Will train to get licence.

Guaranteed $210.00 per day. Working 24 days on, 4 off, but plenty of overtime if wanted.

In addition, every drivers receives a Fort Mcmurray Living Allowance of $1050.00 per month

In total that equates to around $70-80k per year without OT. Some of the top seniority drivers are on $100-$130k per year.

PM me if you would like any details.

hi there could you send me details of where to aply pleaes

fedupgb Nov 7th 2010 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by colin.somerville (Post 8967013)
hi there could you send me details of where to aply pleaes

Check the date of the post i'm afraid you have missed the boat, or should that be bus :(

Chicken lights and chrome Nov 20th 2010 7:13 am

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC (Post 8870375)
Unless things have changed which I'm not aware of then Ontario do not hire overseas drivers as part of their foreign worker programme.

So how come the overwhelming majority of ON trucks are driven by those who speak no English and wear the wraparound stetson on their heads:ohmy:

DAVIE_MAC Nov 22nd 2010 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 8993143)
So how come the overwhelming majority of ON trucks are driven by those who speak no English and wear the wraparound stetson on their heads:ohmy:

How the F*** should I know.....:)

Refugees, Applied skilled worker, 2nd generation immigrants, sposored family immigrant, family run business bought or expanded over years (Maritime Ontario) .... etc etc etc just the same as the UK if you head off to Bradford or Luton...:blink:

I did say Ontario WERE NOT authorising PNP applications for truck drivers and it may have changed... check out the Ontario PNP site for up to date information...

:thumbsup:

Added the following:

Truck Drivers 7411 falls under Cat C therefore doesnt attract PNP sponsership in Ontario... (Im now in 0,2 so dont care...:p.. just to p*** hughes3005 off to show people can make a success of Canada)

To be eligible as a foreign worker, prospective nominees in the General Category must demonstrate that they qualify for the approved position by providing evidence that they have:
  • At least two years of work experience (within the previous five years) in the intended occupation, or have appropriate registration in Ontario, if applying for a position in a regulated occupation in Ontario. For work experience obtained in Canada, Opportunities Ontario will accept full-time work experience that is verifiable, relevant, paid and obtained with proper work authorization from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (e.g., work permit) within the most recent five years. Unpaid, unauthorized or volunteer experience will not be accepted. (Updated on Aug. 4, 2010)
  • An approved permanent full-time job offer in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A or B).
  • An offered wage which meets the prevailing wage level for the intended occupation.
  • Legal status, if the prospective nominee is in Canada.
  • The employer’s approval letter, Joint Verification form signed by their prospective employer, and Pre-screen Position form.

CurtNIR Nov 22nd 2010 6:29 pm

Working in the office now then Davie?

Gremmie Nov 22nd 2010 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by CurtNIR (Post 8997425)

Well not in mine he's not..:rofl::rofl:

DAVIE_MAC Nov 23rd 2010 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by CurtNIR (Post 8997425)

Yep in AN office.... :D

Gremmie Nov 23rd 2010 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC (Post 8999187)
Yep in AN office.... :D

Ok doing what:confused: