Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Class 1 truck drivers wanted

Class 1 truck drivers wanted

Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Class 1 truck drivers wanted

Originally Posted by Ledfoot
Hi all, i have been dealing with an Lady at Siemans called Laurie and have had nothing but good feelings. I am just waiting for my work visa to arrive and i'm on my way over. I will be working for Edge so any help would be grateful
I work for Edge they are a good company to work for
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

fm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would like to work in canada,is my age against me,i am 55 next week.
i sent my cv to westcan bulk trans and they said they do not employ drivers over 50.is this the same all over canada?
any information much appreciated
frank mcatear
Old Aug 4th 2008, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Location: Broadstairs, kent. (in between Magate and Ramsgate)
Ledfoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fm123
i sent my cv to westcan bulk trans and they said they do not employ drivers over 50.is this the same all over canada?
frank mcatear
if you google, driving jobs in canada, you should get a list of companies that are recruiting. Mail them and see what happens. Or try Kindersely trucking in SK
Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Tinni is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fm123
frank mcatear
You do not realise how lucky you are to be turned down by Westcan.Someone is certainly watching over you. I am one of the many British drivers that want to work for Westcan in 2005 and stayed in Alberta till 2007. I only was with Westcan for 7 months as they fired me although after 6 months they supposed to have sponsored me and my family for our PR .It was all load of lies what they told us brits lies about pay, hours sponsorship.Lots of families went out between 2004/2005 to be exploited.I moved to a different company which took 4 months to change my permit and had no money coming in at that time as i could not legally work.It took all we brought out with us to survuve on.What i had worked for in the uk for the last 25 years i lost within months.Westcan are total bullshitters they are corrupt beyond beleif.We made such a shake up about Westcan with the Alberta Gov that they are not allowed to come to the uk to recruit.Bye the way the Gov know what they are doing aswell they are in on it to fuel the economy of Alberta beleive me i have black and white evidence.I am appealing for any driver who worked for Westcan within that time to get intouch i have evidence to share hopefully we will see these lying corrupt assoles in court.If you are serious about moving to Canada look at companys very careful.A freind of ours moved over to bison from Westcan they treat him ok.Good luck
Old Aug 4th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tinni
You do not realise how lucky you are to be turned down by Westcan.Someone is certainly watching over you. I am one of the many British drivers that want to work for Westcan in 2005 and stayed in Alberta till 2007. I only was with Westcan for 7 months as they fired me although after 6 months they supposed to have sponsored me and my family for our PR .It was all load of lies what they told us brits lies about pay, hours sponsorship.Lots of families went out between 2004/2005 to be exploited.I moved to a different company which took 4 months to change my permit and had no money coming in at that time as i could not legally work.It took all we brought out with us to survuve on.What i had worked for in the uk for the last 25 years i lost within months.Westcan are total bullshitters they are corrupt beyond beleif.We made such a shake up about Westcan with the Alberta Gov that they are not allowed to come to the uk to recruit.Bye the way the Gov know what they are doing aswell they are in on it to fuel the economy of Alberta beleive me i have black and white evidence.I am appealing for any driver who worked for Westcan within that time to get intouch i have evidence to share hopefully we will see these lying corrupt assoles in court.If you are serious about moving to Canada look at companys very careful.A freind of ours moved over to bison from Westcan they treat him ok.Good luck

Thats the spirit, STICK it right up those who CON the drivers who in hope of a better life get ripped off by deceive companies as its a big move for any driver to up-root their lifestyle / family and make an investment of their own hard earned to better their lives.

10/10 post
Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:56 pm
swoops

swoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to all

I hear what your saying Tinni and I can't Imagine the stress this could put on your family and others..It sounds like the sh#t is going to hit the fan real soon...I'm still in the UK on the waiting game we hope to go out by SW route seeing my wife is a chef and I'm not looking for longhaul..those days are long gone, so I'm hoping when we land and I get my landing papers when ever that might be I'll only be hunting for short haul...but aren't the Foreign drivers doing the same as those Companys in Canada..they all seem to be using each other to get what they want out of life..Companys get cheap labour and taking advantage of a endless queue of drivers and the drivers get PR's, thats if you can stick it out..this sounds familiar..oh yeah..thats what some of the big Companys are doing in the UK with Foreign drivers....Good luck with your Quest Tinni...