Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

canadian truck driving help needed

canadian truck driving help needed

Old Jan 22nd 2012, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: canadian truck driving help needed

Originally Posted by farjojo71
It was 40 days start to finish with the AINP which is what I originally stated.
Well silly old me ,I understood "finish"to mean landed,as in PR received,when it really meant the process has just begun.
Some close friends have just applied to renew their PR cards and have been told to expect a 220 day wait,just to renew their cards!!! How long is it taking for primary issue nowadays? Guess a bit more than 40 days LOL.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Well silly old me ,I understood "finish"to mean landed,as in PR received,when it really meant the process has just begun.
Some close friends have just applied to renew their PR cards and have been told to expect a 220 day wait,just to renew their cards!!! How long is it taking for primary issue nowadays? Guess a bit more than 40 days LOL.
I'm guessing you are right there!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Tomson is an unknown quantity at this point

never ever 40 days!!!!!!!
some guys waiting 3 years allready. and thrue HR and VRV. it takes longer.
anything else is not true. driver a so frustrated that they coming back
Old Mar 9th 2012, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tomson
never ever 40 days!!!!!!!
some guys waiting 3 years allready. and thrue HR and VRV. it takes longer.
anything else is not true. driver a so frustrated that they coming back
Excuse me? I'm not known as being a liar so when I said it was 40 days....it was 40 days!! Oh just to update, the family who received their nomination quickly also received their medical requests last month too. Oh and they are using VRV too!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Tomson is an unknown quantity at this point

It is not true what you saying. You can apply for PR after 6 months
You getting your temp work permit and and not earlier. This is law. Ask HR and ask VRV. They tell you the same. If you want I give you there number to call them. im not saying that HR or VRV are bad ask them they gonna tell you the same. i was happy with HR i cant complain but i dont want wait years for PR

Last edited by Tomson; Mar 9th 2012 at 5:24 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2012, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tomson
It is not true what you saying. You can apply for PR after 6 months
You getting your temp work permit and and not earlier. This is law. Ask HR and ask VRV. They tell you the same. If you want I give you there number to call them. im not saying that HR or VRV are bad ask them they gonna tell you the same. i was happy with HR i cant complain but i dont want wait years for PR
Oh for goodness sake, I never mentioned anywhere that they applied immediately on arrival in Canada, you have just presumed that I meant that! Obviously the qualifying 6 months was worked first as this is the law like you said. Maybe you should go back and reread my original post before branding me a liar??? Like I said to you before, I am not lying about this....the driver worked the 6 months (obviously ), applied to the AINP....then got his certificate of nomination in 40 days!! Obviously this is not the norm as we waited 11.5 months for ours.

I hope this has now cleared this up for you now. I have been living and breathing this move to Canada since 2008 so I guess that I vaguely know some immigration rules and regulations....oh and you apply for nomination after 6 months not the PR part like you said....just saying

Last edited by farjojo71; Mar 9th 2012 at 8:37 pm.