BTD and city driving?

Old Sep 7th 2011, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: BTD and city driving?

Aye,

sure a bit of rain never hurt anyone at least if a "knobhead" like me forgets my coat I'm not going to freeze to death am I?!!!!!!

Helps to have some colour in the countryside too instead of that dull brown look.

Must go, time for some down-trodden agency work.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: BTD and city driving?

Originally Posted by kb33
Turkey Ehh ? Wow - Wish I was going to Turkey
Such a shame I have to holiday in places like Yellowstone - Osoyoos (Google it )- Vancouver Island - Okanagan and not to mention the yearly fishing trip on the Fraser River for giant Sturgeon plus spend long weekends in National parks ie Banff - Waterton - Kootenay -Lake Louise etc

And why do you think anyone is actually interested in your personal finances ? You must be pretty insecure to disclose such information to complete strangers on a public forum BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES A SHIT !!
You seem to spend all your time trying to justify your reasons for staying in NI to us. When really its YOU you are trying to justify them to.

So move along agency driver .. Nothing more to see here
Old Sep 8th 2011, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kb33
Looks like it's winter already

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/mobile/forecast/1

Or is that the norm for the other 51 weeks of the year !

And it's knobhead first agency driver second
You should know not to believe the weather reports as since I read your post@ 4pm yesterday haven't seen the rain yet!!!
(give it time though)

Stands out by a mile in your posts your one of those drivers who sadly "looks down his nose" at an agency driver.
(thankfully don't see too many in NI)

The regular Tesco/Sainsburys drivers treat the agency boys no different and if your sitting having a break in the canteen and a group of them walk in they will ALL come over and sitdown beside you to "chew the fat" and engage in some bitching!!
All the "social events" and clubs like the golf societys are well supported by the agency guys too.

The UK is better off without your "hollier than thou" attitudes and Canada is welcome to you!!!

Enjoy your daycabbed Sterling, go on admit it that if you get caught by a sneeze and have your right hand changing gear on the modern roadranger box and you turn your head to the right, the passenger side widow gets splattered doesn't it?!!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
You should know not to believe the weather reports as since I read your post@ 4pm yesterday haven't seen the rain yet!!!
(give it time though)

Stands out by a mile in your posts your one of those drivers who sadly "looks down his nose" at an agency driver.
(thankfully don't see too many in NI)

The regular Tesco/Sainsburys drivers treat the agency boys no different and if your sitting having a break in the canteen and a group of them walk in they will ALL come over and sitdown beside you to "chew the fat" and engage in some bitching!!
All the "social events" and clubs like the golf societys are well supported by the agency guys too.

The UK is better off without your "hollier than thou" attitudes and Canada is welcome to you!!!

Enjoy your daycabbed Sterling, go on admit it that if you get caught by a sneeze and have your right hand changing gear on the modern roadranger box and you turn your head to the right, the passenger side widow gets splattered doesn't it?!!!!!
What ever
Old Sep 8th 2011, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Just so happens that I did nearly two years of self employed Nova agency work before I got here , so know exactly how the system worked . And the only person I am looking down my nose at is you .

And unlike you , out here I have a choice what I drive and im more than happy to drive my Stirling around the foothills of the rocky mountains

I do find it strange though that someone who is supposed to have all this money chooses to work nights for an agency .
Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you bother using this forum? You lead us to believe that you once spent a summer hauling grain back in 2002,whoopee.Now you're an agency driver of an over sized shopping trolley.
Where is any of your life connected to moving to Canada ? Something which you seem to be a self proclaimed expert on with obviously limited knowledge,which as we all know ,can be a dangerous thing.Wondering whether you tried to get here but couldn't,hence all the gripes towards the guys that have made the change.
BTW,they're fields of gold,not brown
Old Sep 10th 2011, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angry Re: BTD and city driving?

I CHOOSE to work nights(so far) for the agencies because it SUITS me, I usually only work four per seven days and that brings home $150 to $200 per 8/10hour shift, $600/$800 for four HANDY nights work is OK is it not?!!!!
You know what, I enjoy every minute of it!!!

I don't need to work much more really as I've done well over the years with some tidy stock market/unit trusts investments I own.

It means I can watch my two boys GROW UP and generally when I'm sleeping they are at school and I'm able to take them both to their swimming on a Wed afternoon and soccer classes on Fri's and Sat mornings plus all the rest of being a responsible parent!!!

I have said many times before that I did seriously consider imigrating to Canada and so much so that a previous regular poster on the subject (MarcusTandy) and I talked AT LENGTH via emails/PM's/phonecalls about it all and even planned a "recce" trip at one stage!!!

I have NO REGRETS AT ALL about binning the idea particularly when I read about the utter SHAMBLES that seems to be going on in Alberta atm!!

Just so happens I've been offered a full time start on that Hendersons job I mentioned and a nice fifty strong fleet they have of Premium 450DXi's/DAF CF/XF's/Merc Actros/Axors most with high roof cabs and auto boxes and for DAYWORK too.
Have got the wage sheet and its £26k/year salaried for 38hours/week but usually 45h/week extra@time and a click.
Approx $23/hour is bloody good but I don't know about the multi-drop and the majority is daywork.

Have a driving assessment with Montgomery Transport on Wed(two day/one night positions going) but I know their pay is dire from working there casual in 01/02/03/04.

I started this thread with the sole intention of having some "banter" again with Rob as I felt he was getting too much "serious" stick on here lately and I am nosey enough to see how everybody is doing, thats why I chip in the odd time.
I can usually get my point across without having to revert to personnel insults(Gremmie excluded of course)

I don't proclaim to be ANY sort of expert, I will leave that up to
KB33!!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Sep 10th 2011 at 12:23 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

you would struggle at hendersons,they require the drivers to do some work.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

top banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Rob,

how are you finding adapting to city driving?

Remember you used to give me some banter about only being able to drive about Northern Ireland when I was@ the quarry work were as you were enjoying OTR around NA!!

They don't have you in one of those silly/tiny/cramped daycabbed tractors do they?

If so bet you wouldn't half mind my 6x2 Merc Axor low roof sleeper power-shift box for your city work?
Great truck for that type of work, keep her in full auto when loaded then flick to manual and change gear with the little front paddle with your index finger.
Plenty of room to stretch out and into the bunk for a kip(night heater on) when on break if needed.

Most shifts 8/10 hours and rarely go over 4.5hours driving(unload with electric pallet trucks or roller cages) and £100+ per shift in the bank each one.
I think this is why no one out here would want a merc axor http://youtu.be/oif-RDX7CJg
http://youtu.be/pPE2lsSNK_8 this is what you need
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karron
you would struggle at hendersons,they require the drivers to do some work.
Ho Ho

You reckon the trailers@ Tesco/Sainsburys load/unload by robot then?

Last edited by Big Truck; Sep 11th 2011 at 11:08 am.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Another "boring and pathetic" weekend living in NI:

Sitting here with a mega hangover after 5000 of us enjoyed the BBC Proms in the Park (Last Night of the Proms) in Castle Park Bangor in perfect late Summer weather.

Fantastic entertainment by the Ulster Orchestra plus special guests and great craic on our deck chairs with the "Vin der plonk" and speciallity cheese/crackers/grapes waving the union jack flag.
(The Irish cheddar made with Guinness and whiskey cheese was to die for)
Great firework display at the end too, all taking place FIVE miles from my front door and completely FREE too!!!
Old Sep 11th 2011, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

Ho Ho

You reckon the trailers@ Tesco/Sainsburys load/unload by robot then?
i know how they unload, i've done them, and you would struggle in hendersons. and stop trying to paint n.ireland as some sort of recession free part of the world. the place is down in the dumps,unemployment is heading up to record levels,wages dont go up enough to keep up with the cost of living,fuel is scandously expensive,the local govt dont have enough money to even keep hospitals open and many many other things that are shit about the place. if you are sitting on a pile of money fair enough but ffs stop your slabbering about how well off you are,if you are, i cant see too many drivers sitting with you drinking tea and listening to all that bollocks for too long.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

i know how they unload, i've done them, and you would struggle in hendersons. and stop trying to paint n.ireland as some sort of recession free part of the world. the place is down in the dumps,unemployment is heading up to record levels,wages dont go up enough to keep up with the cost of living,fuel is scandously expensive,the local govt dont have enough money to even keep hospitals open and many many other things that are shit about the place. if you are sitting on a pile of money fair enough but ffs stop your slabbering about how well off you are,if you are, i cant see too many drivers sitting with you drinking tea and listening to all that bollocks for too long.

Post of the year

Just about sums up BT for me
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by top banana
I think this is why no one out here would want a merc axor http://youtu.be/oif-RDX7CJg
http://youtu.be/pPE2lsSNK_8 this is what you need

That Merc was quite useless and there wasn't even any snow/ice to speak off.

This is me in winter and with TWO trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybpNVCEI8M4
Old Sep 12th 2011, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Heard the same "moaning Minnie" crap 25yrs ago!!

Your glass is always half empty isn't it and why are you still here then?!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.