BTD and city driving?

Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: BTD and city driving?

Yup £8,50 an hour does not equate to 45k a year ! And who mentioned pensions ?? I was getting £10,50 an hour on agency over 4 years ago and double time on sundays and didn't feel the need to come on expat forums and brag about it .

I can just imagine the pair of them logging on here and blogs every day looking like a pair of doe eyed teenagers thinking " if only I could cross the pond and live the dream "

And to be a good liar you have to have a good memory , but then again it's all in writing right here. So yeah pretty foolish
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Not a bad wage packet at all ! lucky ******.

I've never seen a min wage class1 job advertised here, ever.
Iv'e never seen a Class 1 job advertised on BE either
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Here as in Northern Ireland, Gremmie lol

Come on now, put 2 + 2 together. ''Redundancy'' should be key word to look at here.

I'm not bashing the job in Canada, or anyone, by the way.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Here as in Northern Ireland, Gremmie lol

Come on now, put 2 + 2 together. ''Redundancy'' should be key word to look at here.
I'm not bashing the job in Canada, or anyone, by the way.
Explain, we dont live in Ireland so have no idea of what you speak, pretty much like BT on Canada
Old Aug 31st 2011, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

You are all working too many hours over there in Canada and its making your heads all fuzzy!!!!!!

KB33,

my memory is fine and if you care to look way back at one of my first posts(To my old buddy Lyndon) on BTA you will see what I've posted above is true.
Your memory is even worse as I've posted quite a few times that my £45k is nothing whatsoever to do with driving a bloody truck!!

There is currently £2500 dropping into my bank account every month for me sitting at home if I so wish and no its NOT benefits.
NOBODY mentions pensions on BA cause you are not going to have one to draw on!!!!!!

ANY work I do for the agencies is extra and thank-you but I'm VERY happy living the dream here in NI why would I even consider the frozen North of Canada anymore!!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Aug 31st 2011 at 3:14 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Big Truck
You are all working too many hours over there in Canada and its making your heads all fuzzy!!!!!!

KB33,

my memory is fine and if you care to look way back at one of my first posts(To my old buddy Lyndon) on BTA you will see what I've posted above is true.
Your memory is even worse as I've posted quite a few times that my £45k is nothing whatsoever to do with driving a bloody truck!!

There is currently £2500 dropping into my bank account every month for me sitting at home if I so wish and no its NOT benefits.
NOBODY mentions pensions on BA cause you are not going to have one to draw on!!!!!!

ANY work I do for the agencies is extra and thank-you but I'm VERY happy living in a dream here in NI why would I even consider the frozen North of Canada anymore!!!
But you still come on here with your BS
Old Aug 31st 2011, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

So you have all this money and still choose to work for the agency on a Sunday night for £ 8.50 an hour ?? Now that is BS

And unlike you I can choose to retire in Canada or go back to Europe , I still have my oil company pension earning 6 percent thank you

So absolutely no need to worry about us here in the frozen north , (26c forecast for the long weekend , think I might take the RV down to Waterton NP)

Anyway enough of this willy waving BT . Your not fooling anyone .
Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Where did I say I was working on a Sunday for £8.50/hour?
I said I MIGHT give them a turn.
You need to get some new batteries in your calculator as 53hours@ DHL Divided into £580.50 is approx £11/hour.

Just back from another hard night@ Tesco,
Clocked on@ 9pm two loads tipped, pulled card@ 530am now on laptop at home 6am and only £96 in bank this time.

Why work for a living?

Driving truck is terrible in the UK what with that old EEC making all us agency workers adhere to this new "Agency Working Directive" from 1st Oct 2011 whereby we will all have to accept the same wages/holidays/benefits/working conditions as the regular Tesco/Sainsburys drivers.
Dear oh dear I will have to start claiming £14.30/hour on nights and time/half plus double time on Sundays!!!!!!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Sep 1st 2011 at 5:20 am.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobthedog
2 things. First, you even hijacked your own thread!!

Second, 8.50 an hour is not that special. My base rate is $17 and time and a half after 9 hours. So us poorly paid, overworked NA drivers are earning more that you do then....
Rob,

you would bloody well need to be earning more than me as your driving a TEN year old truck!!!!!!

What is £12/hour in $cn then?
Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kb33
Anyway enough of this willy waving BT . Your not fooling anyone .
PM me your address and I will post you a copy of my P60 from May and that will shut you and that "tool" Gremmie up!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2011, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Can't speak for NI, but in the Yorkshire area there are many agency jobs on offer at around £9.00 ph FOR NIGHTS and there are plenty of minimum wage class 1 jobs advertisedfor days as well. The rates have never been so low, and where I reside in the uk there are almost no companies with their own fleets/drivers any more.
Look at teh hourly rate for Stobart drivers... earn more in Tesco stacking shelves for 40 hrs.
The companies know that drivers will take a low rate and top it up with tax credit beifits, and mega working hours.

On the subject of City driving... it's not embarrassing to be earning a good hourly rate and be home every night, and for 10 hrs a day, who cares what they drive (within reason)?
Old Sep 1st 2011, 10:44 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool Re: BTD and city driving?

Originally Posted by Big Truck
PM me your address and I will post you a copy of my P60 from May and that will shut you and that "tool" Gremmie up!!!!
hi big truck just a quick question for you, if you dont mind. You seem very bitter towards brits who are now living in Canada and driving trucks. What is your story? As this is and expat site and you live in Ireland what happened ? Please dont take this the wrong way & no offence is meant but did you go to Canada and didnt make and returned , there is no shame in that at least you tried. As someone who is just about to leave England and head to Canada it world be interesting to find out why you didnt make it if thats the case. Look forward to hearing from you
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arniedog
hi big truck just a quick question for you, if you dont mind. You seem very bitter towards brits who are now living in Canada and driving trucks. What is your story? As this is and expat site and you live in Ireland what happened ? Please dont take this the wrong way & no offence is meant but did you go to Canada and didnt make and returned , there is no shame in that at least you tried. As someone who is just about to leave England and head to Canada it world be interesting to find out why you didnt make it if thats the case. Look forward to hearing from you
At the sake of repeating myself for maybe the twentieth time:

I have nothing whatsoever against Canada or the ex-pat UK guys who successfully moved over and are working/living there and wish them all the best for the future.

I myself did consider trucking in Canada (contary to what some think) a few years ago but was NOT interested in long haul at all and to me considering the VERY few trucking companies who offered short haul was completely opposite and too risky to what the imigration rules on PNP were.

BUT,

anybody on here who has any sense has to agree with me that the "meat in the seat" trucking companies who come back to Europe year after year with armfulls of LMO's have NEVER been challenged by the "powers that be" in Canada.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickfly
Can't speak for NI, but in the Yorkshire area there are many agency jobs on offer at around £9.00 ph FOR NIGHTS and there are plenty of minimum wage class 1 jobs advertisedfor days as well. The rates have never been so low, and where I reside in the uk there are almost no companies with their own fleets/drivers any more.
Look at teh hourly rate for Stobart drivers... earn more in Tesco stacking shelves for 40 hrs.
The companies know that drivers will take a low rate and top it up with tax credit beifits, and mega working hours.

On the subject of City driving... it's not embarrassing to be earning a good hourly rate and be home every night, and for 10 hrs a day, who cares what they drive (within reason)?
Surely any agency drivers who work on the "shopping trolley" work earn better than £9hour nights?
If not they all need a kick up the arse!!!

Fingers crossed the AWD will sort the agencies out and put them back to being a "fire brigade service"

Of the four Stobart drivers I speak to via PM on Trucknet UK ALL take home £530 to £580/week and they aren't all trampers!!
Did you not see "Ady1's" (exception to the rule I know) 2/3 Stobart payslips he scanned on Trucknet?
Think his usual topline was approx £780/week(maxed out yes but quite a bit ZZZZZ in the bunk) and he's a day driver.

All I know is for what I do ATM for £100av in the bank each shift its a gift!!
Old Sep 1st 2011, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by arniedog
BT came over some years ago and did the Harvest work in the US for 1 season. This has made him a self proclaimed expert on all trucking matters in NA He some years ago thought ( assuming this ding bat can actually think) about coming to Canada, but was put off by the idea of having to actually work for a living, plus a few hard luck sob stories from a few losers about 1 or 2 not so good companies has made him the biggest cynic on the subject. In short he is a bored agency driver that wishes he could play with the big boys in the NA trucking industry, but hasn't the balls to get up and do some thing about his pathetic life in NI.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.