BTD and city driving?

Old Sep 4th 2011, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: BTD and city driving?

Originally Posted by mickfly
Hi BT,
I haven't really looked into the new rules, but at a glance it may mean more companies employing their own drivers again.
I have other plans for the time being.
Yes agree entirely,

Seems to be looking that way of going here too, Tesco are 26 drivers short and fill the gap with agency and would hope to have a good chance if they start recruiting again after a lapse of 5/6 years!!!
Old Sep 4th 2011, 6:01 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Big Truck
OK mate,

(I didn't have time yesterday to answer you because I had to get on and have my "pathetic and boring life)

Those Poles you mention were in the minority I suspect because enough of them have stayed and there are even a couple of Polish stores I know of opened in East Belfast etc.
They only had to get a bus over anyway and I'm sure they did not sell up their house and spend £££££££ on flights to Canada only to find that SOME companies had lied to them after working there for a few months!!!
£200 for 6 days was probably triple what they could earn in Poland for the same type of work.

The PNP is a scheme set up by certain provinces to fill job vacanies from overseas that can't be filled by locals.
It is overseen by CIC (I think) and many hundreds if not thousands have came back to the UK/Europe from this scheme with their lives in tatters.

Yes no doubt some have only theirselves to blame but ALOT have returned after being left with no work/not getting home as promised/no layover pay etc etc.

There are many posts both here/BTA/Trucknet UK telling about peoples woes and are you saying its all lies?!!!!
I know it has been a talking point even amongst the ex-pat UK guys(who have made it a rewarding life) in Canada about how the "usual suspect" trucking companies are able to year after year go recruiting in Europe with armfuls of LMO's.

Does it not strike you that there is something seriously WRONG with this?!!!!!

way.nder what the total ratio of LMO/TWP/PNP v's PR is from CIC?!!!!!!!anyonek:
of course im not saying they are all lies and yes i completely agree with its wrong , but like any other company probably the world over, while people jump into things like this with their eyes shut the big firms are going to keep on treating people this way and , you know as well as i do, while these companies are not breaking any laws nobody will ever stop them acting this way. To be honest if it wasnt for the fact that i got my pr the way i did then there is no way i would be moving to Canada as a truck driver. Surely these people who do come back and have been treated bad must have realised things were probably going to be this way , surely anyone would think to themselves that any company who advertises for drivers 4000 miles away the company wouldnt be the best company in the world to work for
Old Sep 5th 2011, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

A 6yr old and a 3yr old would love it fishing for giant Sturgeon and looking at the scenery in a national park now wouldn't they!!!!

Would be on the plane tomorrow for return trips to California or Florida but the 3yr old is too young ATM.
Young kids love camping and its far better for them than staying in some pikey infested hotel that serves E.coli for breakfast and salmonella for supper !

The fishing trips are for men only

And when I did the agency work I was always (much ) better paid than the company drivers , otherwise why bother ??

Last edited by kb33; Sep 5th 2011 at 10:32 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kb33
Young kids love camping and its far better for them than staying in some pikey infested hotel that serves E.coli for breakfast and salmonella for supper !

The fishing trips are for men only

And when I did the agency work I was always (much ) better paid than the company drivers , otherwise why bother ??
Doesn't look too "pikey infested serves E.coli" to me:
http://www.lykiagroup.com/generallwo-oludeniz.html
Happy enough "all inclusive" 2adults/2children for £1400 as I priced it for end of July@£3200!!!!!

Yes I know full well the kids LOVE camping AND caravaning as I've already said we've been way on seven long W/E's and a 7nighter this season so far.

I don't know why it is but the agency work for the likes of Tesco/Sainsburys and Asda in NI is slightly less money than their own full time drivers.
Not so long ago the agency guys were on a healthy premium over the FT guys but I'm told intense competition among the agencies for the contracts with the big players drove down the rates.

I'm fairly confident that the soon to be AWD will rectify the above situation in a positive major way for the agency drivers.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arniedog
of course im not saying they are all lies and yes i completely agree with its wrong , but like any other company probably the world over, while people jump into things like this with their eyes shut the big firms are going to keep on treating people this way and , you know as well as i do, while these companies are not breaking any laws nobody will ever stop them acting this way. To be honest if it wasnt for the fact that i got my pr the way i did then there is no way i would be moving to Canada as a truck driver. Surely these people who do come back and have been treated bad must have realised things were probably going to be this way , surely anyone would think to themselves that any company who advertises for drivers 4000 miles away the company wouldnt be the best company in the world to work for
You have heard us mention the
"rose tinted glasses just started working for ********** Canadian trucking company and its brill brigade"
on the forums before?

There are blogs out there full of them!!!!!
Old Sep 6th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

And unlike you I can choose to retire in Canada or go back to Europe , I still have my oil company pension earning 6 percent thank you
Only 6%?
Bit crap that when inflation is@ 5% ain't it!!!

I will "topup" my private SIPP pension with £10k out of my redundancy package come Jan2012, that terrible old UK Goverment then tops it up IMMEDIATELY by another 20%(£2k) and as I will be a 40% tax payer come 5th Jan I can claim ANOTHER 40% tax relief(£4k) on this pension contribution via my tax return.

All in all £16k fully invested in whatever investments I so chose and its cost me £10k!!
Can't touch it till I'm 55yrs but can then take 25% tax free lump sum and leave the remainder invested say til I'm 60yrs then draw it as another little monthly pension.

Wild old spot this UK country!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Sep 6th 2011 at 12:34 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just showed you how to make £6k OVERNIGHT in the terrible old UK and your not impressed?!!!!!!
Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Just showed you how to make £6k OVERNIGHT in the terrible old UK and your not impressed?!!!!!!
Hey what happened to your renewable fuel, energy thing you were making a fortune at ????
Old Sep 7th 2011, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

No I'm not , and nearly fell asleep reading it
The long cold winter nights must fly by in Belfast ehh
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Hey what happened to your renewable fuel, energy thing you were making a fortune at ????
Since you asked, this company made me an offer I couldn't refuse:
http://www.moore-concrete.com/biosystems/

Business man first, truck driver second!!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

No I'm not , and nearly fell asleep reading it
The long cold winter nights must fly by in Belfast ehh
Willing to bet your Winter nights are longer and colder!!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Probably about the same length as yours, considerably dryer than yours, a little fresher and much cleaner.

Christ, I don't even need to post and there are still arguments... Just put BTD in a thread and off you all go!!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Willing to bet your Winter nights are longer and colder!!
Looks like it's winter already

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/mobile/forecast/1

Or is that the norm for the other 51 weeks of the year !

And it's knobhead first agency driver second
Old Sep 7th 2011, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Since you asked, this company made me an offer I couldn't refuse:
http://www.moore-concrete.com/biosystems/

Business man first, truck driver second!!
A link to a bio gas company, I can see why they would want you Coz you're full of Sh1te and spout off enough hot gas to keep a mid sized town in energy for months

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.