Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

AYR Motors long haul drivers

AYR Motors long haul drivers

Old Aug 15th 2010, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AYR Motors long haul drivers

Originally Posted by zeppelin
That's true Bob, but if the dispatcher takes a dislike to you for reasons known only to themselves, they can and do make your life difficult, you can't force them to give you work, if they say they have nothing what can you do? Some dispatchers are very good and bend over backwards to keep you moving, others, well they are a law unto themselves
I can only imagine that with an attitude like yours that dispatchers are falling over themselves with trips for you.Spend a lot of time sitting do you ?
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:33 am
Just Joined

zeppelin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
I can only imagine that with an attitude like yours that dispatchers are falling over themselves with trips for you.Spend a lot of time sitting do you ?
You're a fine one to talk about attitude!!! and no, I'm rolling as much as I need to, thanks for asking
Old Aug 16th 2010, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

That's true Bob, but if the dispatcher takes a dislike to you for reasons known only to themselves, they can and do make your life difficult, you can't force them to give you work, if they say they have nothing what can you do? Some dispatchers are very good and bend over backwards to keep you moving, others, well they are a law unto themselves
What a load of paranoid BS,, do you really believe dispatchers leave trucks sitting coz we dont like the driver.
I can just invisage the scene, my boss looks of my shoulder and ask why truck 54 isn't moving, and i reply co i dont like the driver. My arse and any dispatchers arse would fly out the door quicker than that. You forget we have to answer to managers and bosses as well
Old Aug 18th 2010, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gremmie
What a load of paranoid BS,, do you really believe dispatchers leave trucks sitting coz we dont like the driver.
I can just invisage the scene, my boss looks of my shoulder and ask why truck 54 isn't moving, and i reply co i dont like the driver. My arse and any dispatchers arse would fly out the door quicker than that. You forget we have to answer to managers and bosses as well
maybe you can't do it as you only have a few trucks, but companies with large fleets can allocate the work as they see fit, and if there's not enough to go round someone has to go without

In my experience dispatchers are a law unto themselves and the managers rarely get involved, as long as all the loads are covered, who cares who's sat at home waiting, certainly not the dispatcher or manager
Old Aug 18th 2010, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

maybe you can't do it as you only have a few trucks, but companies with large fleets can allocate the work as they see fit, and if there's not enough to go round someone has to go without

In my experience dispatchers are a law unto themselves and the managers rarely get involved, as long as all the loads are covered, who cares who's sat at home waiting, certainly not the dispatcher or manager
Well you obviously speek from experience & most probably deserve to be sat with your attitude
Old Aug 18th 2010, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Well you obviously speek from experience & most probably deserve to be sat with your attitude
I speek (sic) from watching what goes on, as said in previous post, I run as much as I need to and don't sit at all, unless on reset. You people on here really pi$$ me off, when someone comes on here with a legitimate grievance you all jump on them and say they can't hack it, it's not always the drivers fault. You just have to accept that not all dispatchers and employers have your faultless scruples.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

I speek (sic) from watching what goes on, as said in previous post, I run as much as I need to and don't sit at all, unless on reset. You people on here really pi$$ me off, when someone comes on here with a legitimate grievance you all jump on them and say they can't hack it, it's not always the drivers fault. You just have to accept that not all dispatchers and employers have your faultless scruples.
Read all your 14 posts, in just about every one you make wild claims or are abusive to some one. We dont even know who you drive for or on which continent
Old Aug 19th 2010, 6:36 am
Account Closed

ukkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Gremmie

just look at his name "ZEPPELIN" isn't that some balloon type thingy full of HOT AIR and nothing else, so why even bother.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Read all your 14 posts, in just about every one you make wild claims or are abusive to some one. We dont even know who you drive for or on which continent
Not that it's any of your business, but I'm Canadian and live in the US.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not that it's any of your business, but I'm Canadian and live in the US.And have an attitude problem
Old Aug 19th 2010, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Ha ha ha, oops, there goes another rib
Old Sep 19th 2010, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

hughes3005 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have over the last few weeks been over whelmed by AYR Motor's wanting me to return and work for them.
I thought of all the days and weeks sitting by the phone waiting for what they apparently are offering again.
Maybe i should take my hand cuffs and course self infliction?
i dont Know....
Old Sep 24th 2010, 10:54 am
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hughes3005
I have over the last few weeks been over whelmed by AYR Motor's wanting me to return and work for them.
I thought of all the days and weeks sitting by the phone waiting for what they apparently are offering again.
Maybe i should take my hand cuffs and course self infliction?
i dont Know....
Old Sep 26th 2010, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

hughes3005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottandsel
So can I call you
your anus.

Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:50 am
not wired right

scottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of lightscottandsel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hughes3005
So can I call you
your anus.

call me what you like .... but thanks for coming shame your dad did