Arriving in Canada soon

Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

westewoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arriving in Canada soon

i am coming out in 10 days, and i will be bringing all the paperwork, as it would be bad if the port of entry want it, and you've left it at home , and as for the police check cert. if you want a fast card, bring it, or you wont be able to get one :curse:
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:09 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by westewoo
i am coming out in 10 days, and i will be bringing all the paperwork, as it would be bad if the port of entry want it, and you've left it at home , and as for the police check cert. if you want a fast card, bring it, or you wont be able to get one :curse:
as for the police check cert. if you want a fast card, bring it, or you wont be able to get one.
Yes you will, as long as your record is clean. I never took my crc and was never asked for it. They do there own check.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coritani
Just followed Gremmies advice and spent the last six hours reading as much as my eyes can stand. Now I have a new question. Suppose I get a 12 month work permit and after 6 months apply for PNP and after 3 or 4 months hear back to say that the PNP has been accepted. That leaves 2 or 3 months on my work permit. So, once PNP has been accepted, does that mean I then have to run out the rest of my current work permit and then get my company to apply for a new LMO with the risk of rejection, meaning everything is up and I have to return or does the acceptance of PNP by the New Brunswick provincial government mean that I will be guaranteed a work permit until actual PR has been accepted or denied, which will probably be quite a few months after the original 12 month work permit is up.

Also, wouldn't the issue of a mere six month work permit put a spanner in the whole works and make it a pointless exercise? If HRSDC dont agree to extend your work permit, you wouldn't even get the chance to apply for PNP, let alone be denied it later on.

Apply for PNP and submit you PR at the same time, ie. you give all your papers to NB PNP people, they check the PNP stuff and then forward onto PR people it saves time
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by westewoo
A fast card, you only get this once you have PR not on a WP
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

coritani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kb33
You either go down to the border and re-enter Canada, Or apply to Vergreville AB ..

So you can keep renewing your work permit up until 24 months on the one original LMO? I always thought that the LMO was only good for 12 months and after that a new LMO had to be obtained if you wished to extend from 12 to 24 months, unless you are lucky enough to get a 24 month work permit to begin with.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

So you can keep renewing your work permit up until 24 months on the one original LMO?

Yup ..But hopefully you will get a 2 year WP ...
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Other documentation you may need,, goods to follow, your house hold stuff thats still en route,if any..get a stamp at POE to clear any goods.
Their is a document you will need if bringing more than $10000 into Canada,
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Other documentation you may need,, goods to follow, your house hold stuff thats still en route,if any..get a stamp at POE to clear any goods.
Their is a document you will need if bringing more than $10000 into Canada,
I'm not having any goods following at all so thats ok. Is this $10000 the value of goods to follow, or the amount of actual money you bring, or intend to transfer to the Canadian bank account once its open? If things look like they're going well after a few months, I'll probably look into transfering quite a bit of money from my UK bank account to the Canadian one, but thats it.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by coritani
I'm not having any goods following at all so thats ok. Is this $10000 the value of goods to follow, or the amount of actual money you bring, or intend to transfer to the Canadian bank account once its open? If things look like they're going well after a few months, I'll probably look into transfering quite a bit of money from my UK bank account to the Canadian one, but thats it.
Its 10grand money,,,
transfering money, get all you local banks info efore you go,, the IBAN codes etc. and ask what the charges are aswell,,, remember the route your money takes can be quite complicated,each clearing bank wants their %, ask your bank if its worthwhile to "Share" the transfer,, this means the recieving bank pays some of the charges, have a good long chat with your bank or institution
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gremmie
remember the route your money takes can be quite complicated,each clearing bank wants their %, ask your bank if its worthwhile to "Share" the transfer,, this means the recieving bank pays some of the charges, have a good long chat with your bank or institution
Thats a good point!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dinger24
Thats a good point!

Well i'm glad my comments meet with your approval
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

I was just wondering if the date of the return flight would influence the length the work permit was issued for? I ask because I booked my return flight for late January, not because I want to return then, but because I was having trouble booking a later date. I intend to amend the date later to a time I want to visit home or something. Do they require to see your return flight info as its a temp permit your on, and if they see my return is only 7 months after my arrival, might they then only issue a 6 month work permit? This six month business has got me worried, I had thought it was just a matter of either 12 or 24.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Don't book a return flight .. one way Your new employer should pay for this and the the return flight if things don't work out.

Apparently they are issuing one year work permits at Calgary Airport.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kb33
Don't book a return flight .. one way Your new employer should pay for this and the the return flight if things don't work out.

Apparently they are issuing one year work permits at Calgary Airport.
Too late now. It was booked weeks ago. They told me to book a return flight and have the return part for whenever I want. Its crazy though, buying a return was £150 cheaper than buying a single, how the heck does that work out?!