WTF in America

Old Oct 9th 2014, 8:07 pm
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
No good comes of tequila.

I have been told that there is a greater variety of tequila and mezcal than scotch.
I beg to differ. Tequila is GREAT if you'd like to wake up nude on the neighbors' front lawn in a puddle of your own vomit.

Pete
Old Oct 9th 2014, 8:11 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MostlyYank
I beg to differ. Tequila is GREAT if you'd like to wake up nude on the neighbors' front lawn in a puddle of your own vomit.

Pete
That's remarkably specific ...
Old Oct 9th 2014, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Apparently, the last time I got really blotted, I walked on water. Not very successfully, mind.

Last time at uni, I smashed the bog in my halls...by accident...I was trying to get a spider with the lid of the cistern. Turns out, it wasn't a spider.

Best thing about that night...the damage got put down to "normal wear and tear" and we never got fined for it. Which begs the question, if that was normal damage to a loo, what is unusual damage?

I don't remember damaging anything, but I think I used to start singing too often. *

I do remember the shame of weaving my way back from boozy dinner parties in Solihulll and the kids asking why mummy was walking funny - that host was always sneaky about constantly topping up your glass - hope no BE members saw me

*PS I think 'Ride in Time' was a fave - do I know that Tea person?

Last edited by Sally Redux; Oct 9th 2014 at 8:30 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 8:14 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Apparently, the last time I got really blotted, I walked on water. Not very successfully, mind.

Last time at uni, I smashed the bog in my halls...by accident...I was trying to get a spider with the lid of the cistern. Turns out, it wasn't a spider.

Best thing about that night...the damage got put down to "normal wear and tear" and we never got fined for it. Which begs the question, if that was normal damage to a loo, what is unusual damage?
I once got threatened with being sued by a tenant for having an "unsafe" toilet. She claimed it had broken when she sat on it, and she fell and cracked her head on the broken edge. I went up to investigate (taking my brother in law with me...he spends so much time in the gym that he makes Arnie look like a 5 stone weakling) and sure enough there was a smashed toilet, well and truly smashed, and she had a black eye. Unfortunately she had forgotten to hide the baseball bat she had used to smash it with, and in the ensuing argument with her boyfriend ("I told you to get rid of it", " no, I told you to") he clocked her again and blacked the other eye. Boyfriend buggered off straight away, tenant left the next day. We went to the pub and I bought my BIL/heavy a few flagons of ale! Cheeky sod still appointed a solicitor a few days later, so we did too, and once her guy had seen the photos and the baseball bat, it all went quiet......
Old Oct 9th 2014, 8:24 pm
Mions' a point.

MostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond reputeMostlyYank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That's remarkably specific ...
I made it up

My best was moonshine, back when me & friends lived down in the hood next to a grand old house with multiple porches. It was condemned so we'd rip them off the house for firewood.

There was a second floor porch with a 'real' roof (not an awning) built over a 1 story rear addition. I climbed onto it, kicked out one post, walked over to the other post and realized what I was doing a millisecond before my foot came in contact with it.

Hilarity ensued.

Pete
Old Oct 10th 2014, 2:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Seen on my commute yesterday morning:

I am not sure if he lost it on the way, or if it is a long term modification to save weight and improve ventilation.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God for rednecks...
Old Oct 10th 2014, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

I missed out on the price of a pint discussion earlier, I must be really old, cause I remember a pint of Vaux Samson costing 13p in the pub and if we went to the local working mans club we could get a pint of Fed for only 10p a pint. For a quid you could get half legless.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 4:43 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

As part of their homework last night my son had to watch the morning news on a specific channel and come prepared to discuss an item. When the ads came on, I sort of tuned out, and then realized he was scribbling away on an index card. I looked over his shoulder, and read "sex after menopause doesn't have to be painful. Discuss". Apart from the fact that I really wanted to be a fly on the wall when the teacher drew that one out of the hat, I do wonder why those sort of adverts have to be shown over breakfast? Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I miss the watershed.....

Ps - I subtly suggested it may be more appropriate for him to throw in the drunk driver whose passenger was killed in a head on collision with a police car....
Old Oct 10th 2014, 5:50 pm
Mions' a point.

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
... I looked over his shoulder, and read "sex after menopause doesn't have to be painful. Discuss". ....
It's a brave new millennium Sometimes I feel like a million years old and I'm not yet 50.

Pete
Old Oct 10th 2014, 5:51 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MostlyYank
I'm not yet 50.

Pete
Slacker.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

As part of their homework last night my son had to watch the morning news on a specific channel and come prepared to discuss an item. When the ads came on, I sort of tuned out, and then realized he was scribbling away on an index card. I looked over his shoulder, and read "sex after menopause doesn't have to be painful. Discuss". Apart from the fact that I really wanted to be a fly on the wall when the teacher drew that one out of the hat, I do wonder why those sort of adverts have to be shown over breakfast? Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I miss the watershed.....

Ps - I subtly suggested it may be more appropriate for him to throw in the drunk driver whose passenger was killed in a head on collision with a police car....
American adverts always get me when I'm not paying attention. One minute I'm half-watching a terrible show about some coroner/fbi/police people and the next some character I don't remember is waffling on about not being able to get it up. Please can we get some nice 'End of Part One' screen cards
Old Oct 10th 2014, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
American adverts always get me when I'm not paying attention. One minute I'm half-watching a terrible show about some coroner/fbi/police people and the next some character I don't remember is waffling on about not being able to get it up. Please can we get some nice 'End of Part One' screen cards
Indeed.
And I don't think I've ever been considered a prude, but I don't really want my 9 yo daughter asking about Erectile Disfunction. Or my 11 year old sniggering about post menopausal sex over his cornflakes for that matter. Speaking of which, he should be home soon - wonder which card he used...
Old Oct 10th 2014, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed.
And I don't think I've ever been considered a prude, but I don't really want my 9 yo daughter asking about Erectile Disfunction. Or my 11 year old sniggering about post menopausal sex over his cornflakes for that matter. Speaking of which, he should be home soon - wonder which card he used...
It all started with Bob Dole doing the advertisements (not something that sounds at all attractive) and then they switched to younger people pretending to be 60 year olds but now the ads are by a 20 year old who we must assume is having sex with some old geezer (gross).
Old Oct 10th 2014, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by Michael
It all started with Bob Dole doing the advertisements (not something that sounds at all attractive) and then they switched to younger people pretending to be 60 year olds but now the ads are by a 20 year old who we must assume is having sex with some old geezer (gross).
You're doing nothing to ease my pain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.