WTF in America

Old Aug 30th 2015, 7:22 pm
BE Practitioner (Level 2)

username.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond reputeusername.exe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I suspect that this explains most of the reason why US veterans get much more recognition in the US, and by the same token, that British troops went through the same ordeal in Afghanistanas their US counterparts, recognition for UK veterans has also seen an up-tick.

Recognition of servicemen and veterans is a worthy cause in its own right, but that public recognition of servicemen and veterans seems to irritate those of a "liberal persuasion" is a small bonus!
I agree with the post-service support that is provided to military veterans here, and also believe that the UK has a lot of catching up to do in this area.

However, I strongly believe that the best way to support veterans is to stop creating so many in the first place.
Old Aug 30th 2015, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Is the veteran parking sign really any different then the other signs companies have up these days?

Depending on store you can see:

Parking for pregnant women.
Parking for families with kids.
Parking for those driving a hybrid or electric car
And now I guess Veteran parking.

These are just the signs I have seen at various retailers over the years.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 2:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can be a long walk to the door, you forgot disabled parking.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Can be a long walk to the door, you forgot disabled parking.
Yes, I did. I was thinking more along the lines of the parking that doesn't require a special placard like disabled parking does.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 3:19 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
And now I guess Veteran parking.
Chances of me taking any notice of this whatever unless there is some sort of huge fine attached.... Absolutely zero.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 3:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Chances of me taking any notice of this whatever unless there is some sort of huge fine attached.... Absolutely zero.
Wear a camo shirt and nobody will even ask.

/helpful
Old Aug 31st 2015, 5:06 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Wear a camo shirt and nobody will even ask.

/helpful
That's because they wont be able to see me.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 1:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Police in Dekalb County, Georgia, called out to investigate a suspicious person near a house, go to the wrong house, enter, shoot and kill the dog, and shoot the homeowner in the leg! A police officer was also shot and is critically ill after losing a lot of blood.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 2:13 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Shit's going down in Fox Lake today, apparently. My wife called to say there was a road closed and policemen were out with rifles, she didn't know what was going on so she had me call the schools (who confirmed nothing had happened there, it was all going on outside).

A local police scanner page on arsebook had a report of a Fox Lake police officer down and a manhunt for two offenders, who are reporter to have the officer's weapon. Schools are on lockdown. According to my wife, about a million units from surrounding forces were assisting as well, she saw them heading to town on her way in to work.

Kids are safe anyway, as this happened after first bell, so that's at least a relief.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

Police in Dekalb County, Georgia, called out to investigate a suspicious person near a house, go to the wrong house, enter, shoot and kill the dog, and shoot the homeowner in the leg! A police officer was also shot and is critically ill after losing a lot of blood.
Will be interesting when more details come out as to what exactly happened.

Shows to those (not here that I have seen) that says cops should shoot for the legs because it wont kill them that shooting to the leg can be a very serious life threatening wound as shown with the cop being in critical condition from blood loss.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

The Kentucky clerk is at it again, still refusing to issue same sex marriage licenses.

Kim Davis, Kentucky county clerk, refuses again to issue same-sex marriage licence - World - CBC News

She has been ordered by a federal judge previously to issue marriage licenses, which held up on appeal and the Supreme Court refused to intervene yesterday, so she can now be held in contempt of court and lawyers for the plaintiffs have petitioned the federal judge to do so.

Unfortunately she is an elected official so can't be fired like an employee could. Have no idea if KY allows a recall election or if she is there until voters vote her out of office in the usual elections.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 1st 2015 at 3:32 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

They elect clerks?!
Old Sep 1st 2015, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Anian
They elect clerks?!
We elect the Clerk of Court too, and the Register of Deeds. What is arguably more bizarre still, is that those positions are partisan positions. I am at a loss to understand how the Republican position on registering deeds differs from the Democrat position.

It's utter nonsense, and I make my protest by always voting for the incumbent for those positions, or when there is no incumbent , the retiring-incumbents deputy.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 1st 2015 at 4:07 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2015, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Anian
They elect clerks?!
California the County Clerk is elected, at least in San Diego County, I'd think it was state wide though.

County Clerk is also elected in WA state.

KY does obviously.

Not sure if all states do though, but those 3 certainly do....

For San Diego County officials that are elected are:

Board of Supervisors

District Attorney

Sheriff

County Clerk

Tax collector

The rest of the county department heads are hired staff.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Sep 1st 2015 at 4:09 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 3:18 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Shit's going down in Fox Lake today, apparently. My wife called to say there was a road closed and policemen were out with rifles, she didn't know what was going on so she had me call the schools (who confirmed nothing had happened there, it was all going on outside).

A local police scanner page on arsebook had a report of a Fox Lake police officer down and a manhunt for two offenders, who are reporter to have the officer's weapon. Schools are on lockdown. According to my wife, about a million units from surrounding forces were assisting as well, she saw them heading to town on her way in to work.

Kids are safe anyway, as this happened after first bell, so that's at least a relief.
Made the news down here tonight - on going manhunt. Hope it's not too close to home!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.