WTF in America

Old Sep 2nd 2015, 9:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Seems there is a budget mess in Illinois that is keeping some lotto winners from getting their prizes.

Illinois lottery winners are in limbo - Aug. 31, 2015
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 11:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
The Kentucky clerk is at it again, still refusing to issue same sex marriage licenses.
A couple tabloid like papers are reporting she had twins after divorcing her first husband, who were fathered by her 3rd husband, and then adopted by her 2nd husband..

I have no idea if this is true as I am not sure how reliable the US News and World report is, and I suppose the nickname for the daily mail in the UK leads me to think its not the most reliable either....

So this lady's mom was the elected clerk for 27 years, and she worked in the office when her mom was the clerk, and then ran for office last Nov and won. She makes 80,000 per year, her son also works in the office.

She can only be removed from office if the State Legislature impeaches her which appears slim due to the make up of the legislature.

She ran as a Democrat in the election she won.

Does being a democrat down south mean something different?

The article also says the democrat candidate for governor supports a state law that would protect clerks who don't want to issue license for same sex couples. This seems to be opposite of what democrats usually would want?

Kentucky clerk to face judge after defying courts on gay marriage - StarTribune.com

Last I heard, the federal district judge handling the case has ordered her to appear in court on Thursday to explain why she isn't in contempt, the plaintiffs are asking for large financial penalties and not jail time.

Judge should fine her 99% of her monthly salary until she complies.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 11:58 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... She ran as a Democrat in the election she won.

Does being a democrat down south mean something different? .....
It can do, though things are slowly falling into lockstep with the national party. Jesse Helms was a Democrat up to 1970 even though he is generally remembered as a racist bigot in the Republican party.

Take a look at this Wikipedia article on Dixiecrats, which goes some way to explain how a bunch of racist white bigots came to be in the Democrat party. ..... Also bear in mind that at the time of the civil war the Democrat party dominated the South, and the Republicans dominated further north and across New England, so many things have changed with tidal changes in both the policies that the parties stand for and the sort of supporters they attract, however there are still pockets of political activity in the South that hark back to an earlier time. FWIW I have seen NC go through the final stages of moving away from the Dixiecrat legacy of socially conservative whites abandoning the Democrat party, and therefore over the past eight years, the Republicans have taken control of the NC House, Senate, and Governorship after more than a century of control by the Democrats.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 2nd 2015 at 12:04 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 1:35 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
Made the news down here tonight - on going manhunt. Hope it's not too close to home!
Where the policeman was shot was a street and a half west of mine, and across the main road and railway tracks. They could be anywhere by now though.

The manhunt is still ongoing, and the schools are closed today so I'm working from home.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 1:56 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Where the policeman was shot was a street and a half west of mine, and across the main road and railway tracks. They could be anywhere by now though.

The manhunt is still ongoing, and the schools are closed today so I'm working from home.
Ugh! Keep your head down and stay safe.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 2:08 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Ugh! Keep your head down and stay safe.
I'm not worried, I'd be surprised if they're even still in town to be honest.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 2:13 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

She ran as a Democrat in the election she won.

Does being a democrat down south mean something different?

The article also says the democrat candidate for governor supports a state law that would protect clerks who don't want to issue license for same sex couples. This seems to be opposite of what democrats usually would want?

Kentucky clerk to face judge after defying courts on gay marriage - StarTribune.com
The Republican Party has changed a LOT since it was founded by anti-slavery activists in the 1860s!!

The Republican Party was founded by anti-slavery activists in 1854 and famously led by Abraham Lincoln, who served as President from 1861 to 1865. At that time the United States was at a breaking point between a Democratic Party that was fond of the status quo and a Republican Party that wanted America to stand up for human rights.
The Republican Party of Abraham Lincoln | Guardian Liberty Voice

Judge should fine her 99% of her monthly salary until she complies.
I agree! She's not doing her job. I hope at the very least she's slapped with a LARGE fine....
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 4:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Death by selfie..

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/death-self...3.html#tZ2G1yJ

decreases the gene pool then..
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 4:50 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Death by selfie..

What a dumbass. Still, it thins the herd and I'm all for that.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 5:31 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Death by selfie..

One less.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 2:35 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
One less.
Now can be ban selfies?
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 3:16 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Now can be ban selfies?
'We' ... can let the herd thin out a bit more first, surely?
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 10:56 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Now can be ban selfies?
Not quite yet. Lets not be too hasty.

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
'We' ... can let the herd thin out a bit more first, surely?
We should encourage it really, or they will spread and we will need to have other people hunt them to keep numbers down.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek
...... we will need to have other people hunt them to keep numbers down.
Should there be a daily bag limit?
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 12:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Should there be a daily bag limit?
No.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.