WTF in America

Old Nov 26th 2021, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Attached is a post from my wife's uncle from a few days ago. I think it is from a person who represents the small town, semi rural casual racism well. He doesnt think he is a racist, this is just his reaction to him feeling threatened because some questions are now being asked. He is scared because people are not staying in their boxes anymore. He posts variations on the "I didnt care about your color, until....", so they are saying that colour is an issue for them, but its the people of colours fault.
What struck me about this image is how close it is to the propaganda from my wifes cousin, which led to him being convicted for threats and intimidation on journalists and people of colour, but this is linked to a different aunt of my wifes. This Uncle will probably say that they didnt notice the font and what it can be linked to, they will probably say, they thought many soldiers had helmets that shape, and it never crossed their mind that it can be linked to specific soldiers. They will say they hadnt even noticed the flag and they dont even know what the Suid-Afrikaanse Republiek is or was, and its nascent apartheid. He posts many memes with very dubious origins which make their way across the right, from extreme to the mere obnoxious. I am not sure what is worse, knowing its direct racism in the image, or being ignorant of it, posting such an image and being too incurious to wonder what the flag can be, what it can signify. Posting it anyway, too lazy of mind to wonder, too lazy to find out. My wife tell of her asking him, when she was still a child, not to say the N word at family get-to-gethers. He doesnt say it anymore, but its clear he still says it in his head, he still thinks it. I dont think he is unusual, I think he is reasonably representative of a sub-group of Americans.
I have in the past been at the Thanksgiving dinner table with him. I can not imagine that happening again.
WWII German helmet, and same era-style font at top and bottom.

There's no danger of mistaking that image as something innocent.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 6:53 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
WWII German helmet, and same era-style font at top and bottom.

There's no danger of mistaking that image as something innocent.
It's not so much a dogwhistle as a billboard ad attached to a train being driven into your face.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 6:59 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
It's not so much a dogwhistle as a billboard ad attached to a train being driven into your face.
And this is from my wifes aunt's family, that doesnt have an actual proud self-identifying Nazi in it.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:05 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

And this is from my wifes aunt's family, that doesnt have an actual proud self-identifying Nazi in it.
Are there any people of color in the family, through marriage or whatever who are likely to see that? Can't imagine what they would feel like if so.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:10 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any people of color in the family, through marriage or whatever who are likely to see that? Can't imagine what they would feel like if so.
Yes there are. Including my nephew. Though they are probably not friends on Facebook. I am not friends with him either, I drop by every now and then to see what ****ery he is posting. He unfriended my wife after he tried to belittle her experience of a sexual attack and the resultant Facebook fallout..
Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:15 pm
I have a comma problem

Yes there are. Including my nephew. Though they are probably not friends on Facebook. I am not friends with him either, I drop by every now and then to see what ****ery he is posting. He unfriended my wife after he tried to belittle her experience of a sexual attack and the resultant Facebook fallout..
Sounds like an absolute delight. Is he your wife's relative by marriage? My wife has some Trumpers in her family but none are that outwardly racist (they might well be in their personal life but they hide it well if so.) Just about all of our nephews and nieces are mixed race black/white so it's a good thing nobody is posting crap like this.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:21 pm
He/him

Sounds like an absolute delight. Is he your wife's relative by marriage? My wife has some Trumpers in her family but none are that outwardly racist (they might well be in their personal life but they hide it well if so.) Just about all of our nephews and nieces are mixed race black/white so it's a good thing nobody is posting crap like this.
Yes by marriage. He is married to my wifes mother's sister..There were four sisters, three are Trumpers, Its hard to know how redemeable they would be, as they also believe the husband is the head of the household. One of them is extreme nuts Christian, and lets her husband lead on everything, another let her husband vote for her.
The difference between the three sisters and my wifes mother, is that she moved to the city, interacted with a diverse community, had children who interacted with a diverse community, including because of school bussing. The other three still think cities and everyone in them are dangerous places of sin and debauchery.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 7:25 pm
I have a comma problem

Yes by marriage. He is married to my wifes mother's sister..There were four sisters, three are Trumpers, Its hard to know how redemeable they would be, as they also believe the husband is the head of the household. One of them is extreme nuts Christian, and lets her husband lead on everything, another let her husband vote for her.
The difference between the three sisters and my wifes mother, is that she moved to the city, interacted with a diverse community, had children who interacted with a diverse community, including because of school bussing. The other three still think cities and everyone in them are dangerous places of sin and debauchery.
Sounds like a mess. On one hand I know there's a *lot* of elitism and classism directed at small towns and rural communities from cities but at the same time it's hard to feel any sympathy for people who are so blinded to reality that they are like that.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Part of the separation of M and his family was there ludicrous and ignorant attitude towards anyone that wasn't white republican and American. And this was just us hearing conversations around the table, way before social media!
M's mother is British but she married twice into two different ridiculous red neck families and she is now the red neck matriach...hence the reason our paths do not cross anymore.

I was actually horrified when my kids were young as to what they would hear. But they wised up to them quickly and realized that was not how we thought or spoke.
I admit to trying to laugh it off to start with as they were our only " family" but when you know it is wrong you know it is time to cut any ties.
Old Nov 30th 2021, 2:22 am
He/him

No charges filed yet. From Nov 5th in Texas. Twitter link included.

Last edited by kimilseung; Nov 30th 2021 at 2:26 am.
Old Nov 30th 2021, 12:46 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

No charges filed yet. From Nov 5th in Texas. Twitter link included.
Another death by gun, defending themselves from being uncomfortable.
Apparently, the deceased was the killer's ex-partner's current partner.

The article's a week old, and the records are now sealed.

Court records connect Kyle Carruth to deadly shooting of Chad Read

The Lubbock-Avalanche Journal reports a signed Nov. 8 affidavit identifies the shooter as William Kyle Carruth. That document, signed by Judge Anne-Marie Carruth, was filed as part of her countersuit in the couple’s divorce. She is the judge of the 72nd District Court in Crosby and Lubbock counties. This is the first time since the shooting William Kyle Carruth’s name has been revealed, but law enforcement has not named him as a suspect at the time of this report. William Kyle Carruth is a land developer.On Friday, November 5, Lubbock Police found Chad Read, 54, dead at a home in the 2100 block of 90th street. Police say through the initial course of the investigation, it appears there was a fight between Read and another man related to a domestic incident, and shots were fired.

Carruth’s now-ex-wife filed a countersuit in her divorce proceedings to exclude her ex-husband from their Lubbock home on 9th Street.

In the affidavit, according to the newspaper, Anne-Marie Carruth wrote she was “notified that my husband, William Kyle Carruth, is under investigation for the shooting and killing of his girlfriend’s children’s father after he attempted to pick up his children late Friday afternoon. My knowledge of the incident is very limited at this time, and it is my understanding that the police are still investigating.”
Old Nov 30th 2021, 6:43 pm
He/him

Here we go again
Active shooter situation shuts down Michigan high school, multiple victims reported
Old Nov 30th 2021, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

You know what. The world was a lot less violent and a lot easier to live in when it was locked down. How sad is that.
Old Nov 30th 2021, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

A 15yr old shooter.... How did they get access to a gun?
Old Nov 30th 2021, 11:34 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
A 15yr old shooter.... How did they get access to a gun?
The country is awash with guns. Anyone can get one, one way or another.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.