WTF in America

Old May 15th 2021, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by ddsrph
ZZ
I meant to ask how is things going for you in South Carolina? Do you like it better than Florida?
I like mountains and four seasons, so yup much nicer than Florida. I can finish a day's work and then work a few hours outside, whereas, after getting cooked in FL during the day I wasn't inclined to spend any more of the day sweating my short and curlies off!
I'm currently squatting at my in-laws farm in the middle of nowhere, which also suits me, our little place in FL was nice but we were swiftly getting hemmed in by new builds that are estimated to number about 25,000 (yes, you read that correctly) when they've filled up all the available land in this immediate area. Conversely, the 160+ mile daily commute to the posh construction sites in the mountains is a tad pricey in a gas guzzler that returns about 17mpg and means a lot of time spent on my backside.
Traffic in SC tends to not be so maniacal as in FL, so I'm seeing far fewer accidents, cars with damaged bodywork and asshole drivers, which is nice!

It's the middle of May and I'm still comfortable in full length heavy work trousers and a flannel shirt, what's there not to like? (Besides the fact that I've had to go buy a load of sleeved shirts and long pants!)
Old May 20th 2021, 10:20 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

At least the suspect hadn't been shot...

‘Who Knows What Would Have Happened?’: Black Louisiana Man’s Name Is Cleared After His Father’s Surveillance Camera Appears to Capture Probation Officer Planting Evidence

Apparently, the Probation Officer is still in the same job.. I wonder how many times he's done this and not been caught?
Old May 22nd 2021, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Just yuck, what is wrong with people, why can't they stick with their own species?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57210938
Old May 22nd 2021, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Just yuck, what is wrong with people, why can't they stick with their own species?

I opened that link with great trepidation, ready to shield my eyes ... but then, it IS the BBC ...
Old May 22nd 2021, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I opened that link with great trepidation, ready to shield my eyes ... but then, it IS the BBC ...
Since moving to the US I have come to realise that the British Broadcasting Corporation does not always present as peoples first thought when they hear BBC, so your trepidation is understandable.
Old May 23rd 2021, 3:00 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

But there's precedent in the bible and everything. You know, the lion lying down with the lamb.
Old May 23rd 2021, 3:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
But there's precedent in the bible and everything. You know, the lion lying down with the lamb.
That was just for a cuddle, no funny stuff.
Old May 23rd 2021, 3:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That was just for a cuddle, no funny stuff.
Yeah, yeah, that's what they all say.
Old May 23rd 2021, 3:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, yeah, that's what they all say.
That lyin' bloody lion
Old May 23rd 2021, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That lyin' bloody lion
The lamb was asking for it, in that provocative woolly dress.
Old May 23rd 2021, 3:19 pm
Concierge

The lamb was asking for it, in that provocative woolly dress.
And its tail on display, twitching shamelessly.
Old May 23rd 2021, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, well it looks better written that way than what it actually say in the original.

Leo was the Welshman's name
Old May 23rd 2021, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ooh, I just love a misquote.

Do you mean the bit in Isiah when he says that there will be peace in the future and the wolf will graze with the lamb? I've got issues with that as well because wolves are not likely to ever graze, either on their own or, especially, when presented with a bit of fresh lamb shank. Either way, there ain't no lions getting down with no woolly baa baa's in the bible - either then, now or in the future.
As for bestiality, the bible is quite clear about what should be done and catching a dose of salmonella is the least of a perpetrator's worries!!!
Old May 23rd 2021, 10:26 pm

Ooh, I just love a misquote.

Do you mean the bit in Isiah when he says that there will be peace in the future and the wolf will graze with the lamb? I've got issues with that as well because wolves are not likely to ever graze, either on their own or, especially, when presented with a bit of fresh lamb shank. Either way, there ain't no lions getting down with no woolly baa baa's in the bible - either then, now or in the future.
As for bestiality, the bible is quite clear about what should be done and catching a dose of salmonella is the least of a perpetrator's worries!!!

Well I'm clearly no bible scholar. I looked up the whole things and got:

"The wolf shall live with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the kid, the calf and the lion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze, their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put its hand on the adder’s den."

It hasn't helped though, because now we've got leopards and kids, rather than lions and lambs. And that nursing child is a bit of a worry.
Old May 23rd 2021, 11:02 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The lion might lie down with the lamb, but the lamb isn't getting any sleep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.