WTF in America

Old May 27th 2021, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Boiler
He has a lab in Wuhan?
Are you feeling OK, old sport? For a long term US resident I should have thought that Letchworth State Park, NY and Wuhan, China would register as being two completely different places?
Old May 27th 2021, 6:02 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Who remembers who Amy Cooper was? She's the lady in New York who called Police on a black man watching birds in Central Park, then claimed he assaulted her on 25th May last year.

Yesterday, it was reported she's suing her former employer, alleging;

the company’s actions’ “caused her such severe emotional distress that she was suicidal”. She is seeking unspecified damages for race and gender discrimination, defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligence, according to Reuters.
Old May 27th 2021, 2:10 pm
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute

OK, it's South America (Brazil), but WTF!

https://www.ksl.com/article/50174337...hat-that-means

Is this payback for us taking their honey?
Old May 27th 2021, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanidea

Not accessible to me.
Old May 27th 2021, 2:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Not accessible to me.
I downloaded this the other day after seeing it on Reddit:
Attached Files
File Type: mp4
bees opening Fanta.mp4 (422.8 KB, 35 views)
Old May 27th 2021, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by caretaker
I downloaded this the other day after seeing it on Reddit:
Thanks..
Old May 27th 2021, 4:13 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanidea

They can come and do the jar of pickled cabbage that is taunting me from on my worktop.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
They can come and do the jar of pickled cabbage that is taunting me from on my worktop.
There are lots of tricks for breaking a jar seal, below are my two preferred methods:

The best, and only one I use for re-usable pickling jar lids is to get the tap water running nice and hot and then get just the cap under there briefly. The metal in the lid will expand enough to make it easier to remove.

My favourite method, for commercially produced stuff where I'm not intending to rely on the seal for future canning enterprises, is to get a heavy handled knife from the cutlery drawer and then use the base of the knife to strike the centre of the cap. This will likely dent your cap, which is why I don't do it to my Mason jar lids, the percussion effect should break the seal (not the jar!!!) and as an added bonus you can amaze your friends with your new party trick...
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 11:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
There are lots of tricks for breaking a jar seal, below are my two preferred methods:

The best, and only one I use for re-usable pickling jar lids is to get the tap water running nice and hot and then get just the cap under there briefly. The metal in the lid will expand enough to make it easier to remove.

My favourite method, for commercially produced stuff where I'm not intending to rely on the seal for future canning enterprises, is to get a heavy handled knife from the cutlery drawer and then use the base of the knife to strike the centre of the cap. This will likely dent your cap, which is why I don't do it to my Mason jar lids, the percussion effect should break the seal (not the jar!!!) and as an added bonus you can amaze your friends with your new party trick...

Yup I use both those methods for opening jars, bottles etc. Usually running the top under hot water for a few minutes works a treat.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 12:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Those rubbery circular things work well too.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 8:41 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Those rubbery circular things work well too.
I use a very simple system, just a wide elastic band. Never had any problems at all.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 9:32 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57336282
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 9:47 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

WTF?
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 11:39 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
WTF?
Yes, I found the opening statement of the article unbelievable!

The NFL has said it will stop settling concussion lawsuits using a race-based formula that assumes black players have lower cognitive function than whites.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 11:54 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
Yes, I found the opening statement of the article unbelievable!

And something from the 1990s. Not the 1940s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.