WTF in America

Old May 5th 2020, 9:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by zzrmark
See post #8157.
Sorry, I don't see any connection or relevance.

My best guess is that you think my post #8165 means something different from what I meant when I typed it.
Old May 5th 2020, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Sorry, I don't see any connection or relevance.

My best guess is that you think my post #8165 means something different from what I meant when I typed it.
My warped sense of humour, suggesting that those protesting masks turn to wearing hoods...
Old May 5th 2020, 9:26 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
My warped sense of humour, suggesting that those protesting masks turn to wearing hoods...
Ah, I see, ...... That would make things interesting.
Old May 6th 2020, 12:11 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going to read this; I'll just post it on the strength of the headline and trust in the belief that in America all things are possible.
https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...jie-story.html
Old May 6th 2020, 12:28 am

Florida man, eat your heart out! There's a lot going on in this story! It's not from Florida, but I don't remember where it actually happened.

.... Officials say Feredinos got out of the vehicle and began singing, making hand gestures towards the two deputies and then dropped his pants, displaying his buttocks. He then went back to his vehicle and began backing up the driveway before the deputies stopped him out of concern for his safety.

When questioned by deputies about his actions, officials say Feredinos complained that he had been stuck in the house for 30 days due to the pandemic ...
And there's a lot more after that!

Last edited by Pulaski; May 6th 2020 at 12:37 am.
Old May 6th 2020, 6:38 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

A little boy was upset because his parents wouldn't buy him a Lambo, so he took matters into his own hands:
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/vi...stId=1.4925920
Old May 6th 2020, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by caretaker
I'm not going to read this; I'll just post it on the strength of the headline and trust in the belief that in America all things are possible. ....
The headline pretty much has the story covered.
Old May 6th 2020, 11:48 am
Stand-up Philosopher

The headline pretty much has the story covered.
She made the national news in Canada.
Old May 6th 2020, 7:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The woman attacked and killed by an alligator in a gated community along the South Carolina coast was visiting the homeowner to do her nails and was trying to touch the animal when it grabbed her, authorities said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-kil...190145305.html

Now of course the big question is what she was doing there with the lockdown.
Old May 6th 2020, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The woman attacked and killed by an alligator in a gated community along the South Carolina coast was visiting the homeowner to do her nails and was trying to touch the animal when it grabbed her, authorities said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-kil...190145305.html

Now of course the big question is what she was doing there with the lockdown.
That's SC, what lock down? .... They're one of the first states "opening up". .... I guess the alligator misunderstood what was intended by "opening up".

And I mentioned previously hearing of someone here in NC of a barber responding to his barber shop being closed by immediately substituting his store-based business with a business visiting his customers at home.
Old May 7th 2020, 2:36 pm

In these unpredented times, the US Supreme Court has allowed oral arguments to be presented via a conference call phone line, ..... which has had a rather predicatable consequence.
Old May 7th 2020, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

In these unpredented times, the US Supreme Court has allowed oral arguments to be presented via a conference call phone line, ..... which has had a rather predicatable consequence.
Hope it was the Defences argument being flushed down the toilet
Old May 7th 2020, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Hope it was the Defences argument being flushed down the toilet ....
It was explicitly noted that the sound wasn't the judgement of the SC justices.
Old May 7th 2020, 7:13 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

"PENNSYLVANIA MAN PLOUGHS SUV THROUGH CROWD OF FIRST RESPONDERS AT 'SALUTE TO NURSES' PARADE AMID PANDEMIC" (c&p'ed)

https://www.newsweek.com/pennsylvani...box=1588824521
Old May 8th 2020, 4:11 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/07/u...gtype=Homepage
Last month, Georgia waived its road-test requirement for most drivers in an effort to help fight the spread of the coronavirus. This week, the state said it had issued driver’s licenses to thousands of teenagers without one. “There have been 19,483 teens who upgraded their permit to a provisional driver’s license with the consent of their parent or responsible adult,”

Apparently, Georgia is not the only state that is simply giving provisional license holders a full driver’s license with no road test requirement. The cynic might claim, hey, the US road test is not very rigorous anyway. But, in normal circumstances, I believe a certain proportion of people fail the road test!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.