WTF in America

Old Dec 4th 2019, 3:39 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by caretaker
LAPD officer suspended after body-cam footage shows him fondling a dead woman's breasts:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...s-body-camera/
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-female-corpse
Unbelievably disgusting. Bloody hell
Old Dec 4th 2019, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Unbelievably disgusting. Bloody hell
My reaction was more along the lines of, unbelievably stupid to do this knowing you are wearing a body camera!
Old Dec 4th 2019, 3:54 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
My reaction was more along the lines of, unbelievably stupid to do this knowing you are wearing a body camera!
I guess he didn't know the part about them recording despite being turned off. Not quite sure how it works, but it sounds like they just run, then erase whatever was recorded more than 2 minutes before being activated.
"Currently, when an LAPD officer turns his or her camera on, it automatically begins saving video and audio starting two minutes prior to the activation."
Bit of tape over the lens, and he might have been alright.

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 4th 2019 at 3:58 pm. Reason: I just keep writing and writing
Old Dec 4th 2019, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I guess he didn't know the part about them recording for 2 minutes after being switched off.
I've often wondered about how bodycams work; it would seem rather obvious to me that you wouldn't want the wearer to have control over the recording, since the wearer could just turn it off before doing some 'bad deed'. Are they, in fact, under the direct control of the wearer?
Old Dec 4th 2019, 4:01 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I've often wondered about how bodycams work; it would seem rather obvious to me that you wouldn't want the wearer to have control over the recording, since the wearer could just turn it off before doing some 'bad deed'. Are they, in fact, under the direct control of the wearer?
I wonder why they save video and audio from before being turned on, rather than after being turned off... Rather than having the officers able to control them at all, it would seem sensible to just have them powered up at the start of a shift and turned in at the end.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 4:03 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Bit of tape over the lens, and he might have been alright.
I'm sure that we're all glad he wasn't alright, what a sick person he his. I'm also sure that if that was done to any of our mothers, wives, sisters or daughters we'd want him locked away in a psychiatric institution, where he so obviously belongs. Or maybe worse....
Old Dec 4th 2019, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wonder why they save video and audio from before being turned on, rather than after being turned off... Rather than having the officers able to control them at all, it would seem sensible to just have them powered up at the start of a shift and turned in at the end.
I think we have some Law Enforcement types on this forum ... would be interesting to know how this works. As a techie, and someone who does a lot of video work, I can see a lot of challenges and issues with such devices. If the stated goal of the bodycam is only to protect the police, then giving control of the camera to the "wearing officer" is fine. But if they want to also protect the public from 'bad cops', then making the device 'tamper proof' becomes important. If I'm a cop, and I do something naughty, then I could - smash the device; lose the device; remove the storage media and wipe it; record over the top of some event; etc etc. It occurred to me the only 'safe' way to implement this would be to wirelessly transmit the image as it's happening to a remote location - cellular, or - via WiFi to a secure capture device in the car, but that approach introduces all manner of technical challenges. Making the bodycams 'sealed' and 'un-controllable' by the wearer might be feasible.

Any LE folks out there with knowledge of this?

ETA - this page has a 'how it works' section:
https://theyarewatching.org/technolo...ce-body-camera

Last edited by Steerpike; Dec 4th 2019 at 5:30 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 3:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

They seem to be at some departments, I saw some body cam footage of some cops at a car accident, one cop tells another to turn his cam and mic off so they can talk.

Some of things cops have been caught doing while wearing a camera that is on, kind of scary what the cops without cameras are doing.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 5th 2019 at 3:54 am.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 6:35 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
They seem to be at some departments, I saw some body cam footage of some cops at a car accident, one cop tells another to turn his cam and mic off so they can talk.

Some of things cops have been caught doing while wearing a camera that is on, kind of scary what the cops without cameras are doing.
Stopping speeding motorists and whacking them with night sticks before asking for drivers licenses and registrations. Getting a few freebies at the local cat house or the donut shop, whistling at pretty young girls from their police cruisers, asking fro bribes from jay walkers and taking an hour or two out while on duty to catch up on some projects at home.

All in jest of course but for every bad apple there are a few million cops who perform their duties honestly and conscientiously. One of the reasons that you and I can sleep safely in bed at night. There's a memorial plaque in City Hall or Parker Center with the names of many LAPD officers who gave their lives while on duty.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 7:32 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Stopping speeding motorists and whacking them with night sticks before asking for drivers licenses and registrations. Getting a few freebies at the local cat house or the donut shop, whistling at pretty young girls from their police cruisers, asking fro bribes from jay walkers and taking an hour or two out while on duty to catch up on some projects at home.

All in jest of course but for every bad apple there are a few million cops who perform their duties honestly and conscientiously. One of the reasons that you and I can sleep safely in bed at night. There's a memorial plaque in City Hall or Parker Center with the names of many LAPD officers who gave their lives while on duty.
What complete and utter nonsense you write! I believe there are less than 900,000 police officers in the United States. So, less than one bad apple in the United States at any one time.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:59 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
What complete and utter nonsense you write!
Bootlickers gonna bootlick.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 7:51 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Bootlickers gonna bootlick.
I wondered when our little retro 60s anti everything rebel would get in his three cents worth. Run along boy. The boss has another job for you.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 7:55 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I wondered when our little retro 60s anti everything rebel would get in his three cents worth. Run along boy. The boss has another job for you.
Lib.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 5:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Lib.

Whenever I hear the word liberal I reach for my fly swat

Last edited by dc koop; Dec 6th 2019 at 6:00 am.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 12:13 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Women of gilead , i mean the USA, I'd leave now while you still can

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.