WTF in America

Old Feb 13th 2017, 2:56 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Nutek
Apparently, you can distract them with picnic baskets.
Small children probably help, too.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 2:59 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Small children probably help, too.
Yes. If you have a supply on hand to throw behind you.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Violently shitting your pants has got to factor pretty highly up the to-do list in that situation, I have to imagine. Maybe run like **** and try to climb a tree. Bears can't climb trees, right?
I suspect that would also be involved.

I thought they were pickernick baskets Boo-Boo.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 3:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

There is usually a ready supply of Farcebookers and selfie-takers to provide a distraction where ever bears are found.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 3:06 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It's got to buy you a few precious minutes, right?

Originally Posted by chawkins99
I suspect that would also be involved.
Probably quite early on in the proceedings, too. Gets it out of the way.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 3:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Only if the basket contains chocolate cake!
Old Feb 13th 2017, 3:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Good for the 19 Kids and Counting family or the Partridges
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:13 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99
I agree. I'm sure they have been wandering the woods as we have walked by but the presence of a 120lb dog may make them more likely to attack.

The likelihood of hitting a bear with a handgun at 50ft is probably zero. I would likely only get a hit shot if they were within 10 feet at which point, he's likely charging. I'd still rather get a shot off at that point.

I have considered what I would do in that situation. First off, I would shoot into the ground in the hope the noise would scare them off but I have no idea how I would really react in the heat of the moment. I hope to never find out.
Be careful not to shoot yourself in the foot. You'll need it for running not that it would do you much good since a full grown bear can hit around 35 MPH going full tilt. Another thing with bears is that once they've decided to latch onto you they don't back off.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:14 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by dc koop
Another thing with bears is that once they've decided to latch onto you they don't back off.
So if you don't return their calls right away they start getting weird?

What if they see you talking to that wolf that one time when you were supposed to meet them to get mauled and eaten? Game over, man.

Goddamn clingy bears - not even once.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Be careful not to shoot yourself in the foot. You'll need it for running not that it would do you much good since a full grown bear can hit around 35 MPH going full tilt. Another thing with bears is that once they've decided to latch onto you they don't back off.
Well, if I take the wife with me, I don't need to outrun the bear
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew a guy who was a Tube Driver and I know it happened to him and he was an instructor so had to cover the strawberry jam situation.

Not an option in CO.

Most of the news stories recently seem to be skiers hitting trees, seem to be quick.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:23 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Boiler
I knew a guy who was a Tube Driver and I know it happened to him and he was an instructor so had to cover the strawberry jam situation.

Not an option in CO.

Most of the news stories recently seem to be skiers hitting trees, seem to be quick.
Have you been at the cooking sherry again, Boiler?
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

You offering?
Old Feb 13th 2017, 9:04 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
You offering?
I'll take that as carte blanche; Gordon Sinclair was a reporter on the Toronto Star at the same time as Ernest Hemmingway, and was high in the mountain passes of Afghanistan when WW2 started. He was recalled from that assignment to cover the war in Europe.

Last edited by caretaker; Feb 13th 2017 at 9:38 pm. Reason: again, the sheer joy of editing
Old Feb 13th 2017, 11:01 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

So if you don't return their calls right away they start getting weird?

What if they see you talking to that wolf that one time when you were supposed to meet them to get mauled and eaten? Game over, man.

Goddamn clingy bears - not even once.
Yep they don't like competition especially at meal times

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.