WTF in America

Old Nov 10th 2021, 4:25 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Is that from something because I'm drawing a blank
It's part of the business plan I'm putting together for when I open my Monocle/Pith Helmet Emporium
Old Nov 10th 2021, 5:51 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Well I suppose that was always there. It made us successful, in a manner of speaking, as a species. Dominant, anyway. We've just used our giant brains to be destructive. Advances have been made, too, but using space for weapons instead of to save the human (and other) species should be right out. The Final Frontier should be a place to draw a line.
Kind of shite all the same. If you can't make money with it or kill somebody with it, it isn't important is the general message. And I've likely another 40 years of this yet to go.

Why did I quit smoking? Can't have been a very good reason.

Originally Posted by Nutek
It's part of the business plan I'm putting together for when I open my Monocle/Pith Helmet Emporium
Old Nov 10th 2021, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it was very good.

We're primitive. We screw everything up in the end. Any promising new technology is either weaponized or privatized and I'm honestly sick of breathing in and out at this point because everything I loved about space or science growing up has been slowly eroded into some gross, misshapen monument to greed.
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Well I suppose that was always there. It made us successful, in a manner of speaking, as a species. Dominant, anyway. We've just used our giant brains to be destructive. Advances have been made, too, but using space for weapons instead of to save the human (and other) species should be right out. The Final Frontier should be a place to draw a line.

We are basically chimpanzees on intelligence steroids, seriously the more you compare human and chimpanzee behavior and society level, we are not as different as they are, we are just more destructive because our intelligence has allowed us to build things that can wipe out tens of thousands at a time, where chimpanzees still have to fight their wars the old fashioned way, but they are still pretty bloody and violent wars.

We are just smarter and can build weapons that can cause mass destruction.

Vancouver wised up and has been adding more and more seperated bike lanes and routes so car vs bike is becoming less common, seems to work better for everyone really.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Nov 10th 2021 at 6:27 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2021, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

MtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond reputeMtbbikeVanlife has a reputation beyond repute

Bike Lane outside one of the local police stations... (it's there, under the police cars...)

The road is one way, but has a bike lane that allows bikes to go against traffic.

Old Nov 10th 2021, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Phantom bikes lanes are always fun, the ones that just end upruptly as if the road did.

Kind of like this one in Brooklyn, bike lane just ends with nowhere for the cyclist to go safely.

There are a few around BC that are questionble in the safety of cyclists.

Unless responding to an emergency police shouldn't be abusing their powers and parking in bike lanes for convenience, but then when don't police abuse their power.

Old Nov 10th 2021, 10:41 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Phantom bikes lanes are always fun, the ones that just end upruptly as if the road did.

Kind of like this one in Brooklyn, bike lane just ends with nowhere for the cyclist to go safely.

There are a few around BC that are questionble in the safety of cyclists.

Unless responding to an emergency police shouldn't be abusing their powers and parking in bike lanes for convenience, but then when don't police abuse their power.

That looks like Nassau Ave coming in to the 6 way junction by McCarren park. Not much else they could do there, I think it’s 4 1-way streets and 2 2-way streets meeting in one junction. There is a traffic light there and I believe there was a area marked where bikes are meant to cross over/wait in front of the cars and then continue on the righthand side of the street up Nassau as you go in to green point at least a few years ago. There are crossovers like that in the area, there was another weird one at Kent and 14th where it goes from a 1 way street with a 2 direction bike lane to a 2 way street with bike lanes in each side.
Old Nov 12th 2021, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Is that from something because I'm drawing a blank
Too early for Alec Baldwin jokes?
Old Nov 12th 2021, 12:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tht
That looks like Nassau Ave coming in to the 6 way junction by McCarren park. Not much else they could do there, I think it’s 4 1-way streets and 2 2-way streets meeting in one junction. There is a traffic light there and I believe there was a area marked where bikes are meant to cross over/wait in front of the cars and then continue on the righthand side of the street up Nassau as you go in to green point at least a few years ago. There are crossovers like that in the area, there was another weird one at Kent and 14th where it goes from a 1 way street with a 2 direction bike lane to a 2 way street with bike lanes in each side.

Wasn't the best example I admit, but google was failing me. I was trying to find photos of the ones around me (streetview is out of date still) where they could have easily kept going with the bike lane, but it was as if they just went, eh that is good enough, the road keeeps going straight, there is room to widen the road for the bike lane, but the planners that be just didn't do it, its just odd since that will discourage people from biking if they have to go beyond that arbritary end of the bike lane.

Old Nov 12th 2021, 1:14 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Too early for Alec Baldwin jokes?
I'm not touching that one with a 50' pole, me old china.
Old Nov 12th 2021, 6:05 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not touching that one with a 50' pole, me old china.
How about a .50?
Old Nov 20th 2021, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I have always had a knack for rocking up in some proper charming places...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/20/us/re...ter/index.html

Last year one of my wife's colleagues was working in the neighbouring county, attempted to cover Amanda Gorman's 'The Hill We Climb' (Biden's inaugural poem) and was almost run out of town. My missus had no issues teaching it in asshole red Florida last year.

This semester the missus thinks that the excrement may well hit the fan when she tries to cover the 'I have a dream' speech, which, she thinks many of her black students are unaware of...

Last edited by zzrmark; Nov 20th 2021 at 5:10 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 5:14 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
This semester the missus thinks that the excrement may well hit the fan when she tries to cover the 'I have a dream' speech, which, she thinks many of her black students are unaware of...
The right seem to love the "Dream" speech. It is "Birmingham Jail" speech that gets them shaking.

This week I was looking at dehumanizing language based on a a NYT published essay "From Ancient Greece to Iraq, the Power of Words in Wartime". Set up stations for examples, including one for the Rwanda genocide, another on Trumps speeches

Last edited by kimilseung; Nov 20th 2021 at 5:21 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2021, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kimilseung
The right seem to love the "Dream" speech. It is "Birmingham Jail" speech that gets them shaking.

This week I was looking at dehumanizing language based on a a NYT published essay "From Ancient Greece to Iraq, the Power of Words in Wartime". Set up stations for examples, including one for the Rwanda genocide, another on Trumps speeches
You mean the right that can read, round here the nice white folks don't like it because it was uttered by a black man.
Old Nov 21st 2021, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is more appropriate here than the BLM thread we're discussing Rittenhouse on.

Old Nov 22nd 2021, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
I think this is more appropriate here than the BLM thread we're discussing Rittenhouse on.

J.H.C.

I can't even fathom some people's stupidity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.